If Ghost Phenomenon Is Real, What Is It Proof Of?

Discussion in 'Weird, Bizarre and Mysterious' started by Jimbee68, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

I enjoy reading ghost stories. Some of them are very interesting and thought-provoking. And in most cases, why would these people lie?

Anyway I have to ask. If the stories are true, what could they be proof of? Because at the present time I don't believe in an afterlife. I think I grow more agnostic with each passing year.

So what could they be?

I personally think that they are manisfestations of aliens. Don't laugh. As I already said here or possibly on another message board, Carl Sagan said something similar once. I can't find the quote online. But if anyone else can, hey, post it.

But what do the rest of you think?

:)

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I don't believe in Ghost Phenomenon but if it were real, my best guesses would be...

Proof of an alternate dimension...

Proof that there are beings made of an exotic type of matter that we can barely interact with.

3. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I don't think people lie about what they perceive, I think it's more a misapprehension of what they see.

4. "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."

5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i suppose the existence of ghost phenomena would be proof of the existence of ghost phenomena.

Nitocris likes this.
  6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

we live in a universe that owes no obligation to our species to prove anything. it is up to us to observe and arrive at our own understandings as we see fit.
    along with not hurting each other. i'm just saying nothing has to be what anyone tells each other, and sometimes other things themselves have more to tell us.

7. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Ghosts have nothing to prove...

themnax likes this.
  8. lapush

lapush Members

I worked with a ghost for many years. I thought a ghost could walk thru walls... no
    Ours opened a heavy steel fire door in a high security area. This area was monitored 24/7
    He had no heat signature.

9. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

That’s something I would expect I'minmyunderwear to say.

10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

and something i would agree as well. the unknown owes us no proof, who are we to be owed proof anyway?

nor even the physical universe which goes about its own way, unaffected by however we insist on each other looking at anything.

proof is really the wrong question, as no proof is ever final, rather the more useful question is what happens more often and thus more likely at any given time.

ghosts can be many different things. even the word has multiple meanings.

hotwater likes this.
  11. lapush

lapush Members

I did research on our ghost. A worker died there in the 50's
    His clothes did not rot off of him? Time/Space/time?
    Cameras were not allowed or I would of taken hundreds of photos. (A high security computer room)
    He never left the building per the outside censors.
    I called for a security check it would always say one person in building.
    He never ate my lunch or it would of been war.

12. themnax

themnax Senior Member

that the unknown is unknown, and being unknown, neither prevents anything, nor requires it conform to what our egos won't permit us to accept their ignorance of.