If Bush Wins, Women Will be Drafted Too!!

Discussion in 'Protest' started by CyberFly, Jun 4, 2004.

1. maryfairy

maryfairy flower

why do you gotta hate the hippies?

2. Bug_Man

Bug_Man Banned

I don't hate hippies. But I do hate closed minded, judgemental people. Anything wrong with that?

3. maryfairy

maryfairy flower

no. do you think hippies are that way?

4. Bug_Man

Bug_Man Banned

The question becomes: Do you?

5. maryfairy

maryfairy flower

no but i don't think we're trying to defend ourselves against hippies either.

6. Bug_Man

Bug_Man Banned

Your responses/questions indicate that you are off in la-la land or something. We'll talk when you are more coherant. K?

7. maryfairy

maryfairy flower

la la land? i'm awake and haven't smoke in a couple of weeks. don't know how i got there...

8. Bug_Man

Bug_Man Banned

la la la la la la, la-la!

9. EllisDTripp

EllisDTripp Green Secessionist

Enjoy your 1-week vacation, BugMan.

I suggest using the time to learn some debating skills, rather than grade school namecalling....:rolleyes:

10. maryfairy

maryfairy flower

so i'm stuck in this place for a week?

11. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

Christ, at least you guys can use pregnancy as an excuse....

So what do we (both men and women) have as an option instead of draft, which is obviously coming? I see there is mexico and pregnancy(for women). There's "canada", where we can get in illegally. (far easier than mexico, imho) So what else is there?

12. EllisDTripp

EllisDTripp Green Secessionist

Tell 'em you're gay?

13. TerminalMadness

TerminalMadness Member

What type of person signs up to a hippie board filled with mostly liberals and purposely gets on their nerves? Don't you have anything better to do?

Personally the only soil I'll protect is my home as a poster stated in a similar thread.

I was born into this country, it's not like I came here by choice, so why do I have to defend it?

But it will be fucking priceless to watch the "feminists" suddenly go, "But--we're women. We can't fight in a war."

That will be so fucking funny. Hypocrites.

14. DarkShe-Elf

DarkShe-Elf Member

Yes, I like that idea of "Why should we defend this country? It wasn't our choice to live here." As decent as our country could be seen, there are better ones out there. I would move if I could... But anyways, I still would never want to risk my neck for this country. Not even worth it. Instead of drafting civilians, the government needs to draft politicians to fight! Especially the fat, rich, Republican politicians! (though I'm not sure they would do a good job of fighting. ah well, it's a good way to purge the system...)

15. Megara

Megara Banned

when you can move, dont let the door hit you on the way out.

16. Jozak

Jozak Member

If you have religious convictions they can put you in a non-combat area, which could mean a lot of places and possibly even a domestic job.

17. CyberFly

CyberFly Banned

18. HippieDude1967

HippieDude1967 Member

I dont know if someoen has said this already as I havn't read the posts but... You women wanted your rights, now you have em, enjoy!

19. TerminalMadness

TerminalMadness Member

Hehe That's true. Everything comes with a price in this country; they wanted equal rights, they got it.

20. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

I don't think that anyone is trying to argue that "equal rights" includes drafting as well.

I think that the bigger issue is...why are we fighting a war that we would have to draft for. Obviously if the war was being supported by its citizens than we wouldn't need to draft. So why is America going to war without the support of its citizens?

I can understand if our land was under attack, but it shouldn't be necessary to have a draft at all as long as the country is doing the will of the people.