If Bush Wins, Women Will be Drafted Too!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CyberFly, Jun 4, 2004.

1. Gabino

Gabino Member

Women won't be drafted and neither will men.

The women pictured were all volunteers.

And anyone who beleives the foolishness on this thread is simple-minded.
    It just is not true.

I will bet money with anyone who cares to take the bet.
    Any amount you wish.

2. CyberFly

CyberFly Banned

Although at this time those women are volunteers that could quickly change. You act as if America's politicians never drafted people off to war. We elect them and they make the rules. The Draft bill is set to go into effect NEXT YEAR after the November election. Also one thing you fail to mention is that women are in the infantry now. With any new invasion Bush has planned you can bet all casualties of both men and women will dramatically increase.

[​IMG]

3. Strawberry_Fields_Fo

Strawberry_Fields_Fo RN

It's NOT set to go into effect next year--It's still stalled in committee for god's sake, didn't you read your own article? In case you missed government class, a bill has to pass through several committees before it even goes to the floor to get voted on. Then it has to be voted on and passed by both houses and only then can the president even sign it into law. I doubt the majority of those in both houses would really sign it into law, you're panicking way too early. If the bill makes it to the floor, you can bet your ass there'd be media coverage, and that's when we should all panic.

-Kate

4. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

woman may be an an Infantry division, not an infantry unit. the womans MOS will not be infantry, they will get another MOS, such as communications to signal operations & intelligence to medical. just because there division is infantry does not mean there MOS is infantry.

5. WaitingForTheSun

WaitingForTheSun Member

Yeah man, I believe in equal rights for women, but there's also the issue of rape and such. If troops who are both male and female are stuck out in desolate locations for months at a time (a typical war condition), the fact that females are there and readily available could possibly set off some guy to start raping them. Same goes for the females with guys, if their muscular and ravenous enough. War can do weird things to people and who knows how males (or females) react when put under violent, unpleasant circumstances where they could possibly get away with rape. I mean, isn't that why they don't let gay men into the military?

6. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

well the military has a 'don't ask, dont' tell' policy. the reason why gay men are not wanted in the military can be debated for a long time. but from the people i have talked to that are in the military say that they do not feel they can be comrades with a person who is attracted to them. they believe knowing about a person being gay is detrimental to unit. but there are so many more reasons why people think gays shouldn't be in the military.

7. CyberFly

CyberFly Banned

Again, if people aren't quibbling over where drafted women will go, they are quibbling over where the Draft legislation is. Un fucking believable. Did the invasion itself stall in legislation?! You should be considering what he is trying to do. Bush has already lied about weapons of mass destruction to justify the second invasion of the Gulf. This is Gulf War II. Back in 1991 King George's father invaded the same place for different but similar reasons. Nobody even questions why he lied. Never mind that the first places that were secured was the Iraqi Oil Ministry and the oil fields themselves. Most of the people in the Bush administration were former oil executives. American oil company profits are going as high as gas prices. GET A FUCKING CLUE. While your at it, GET A FUCKING MAP. The invading for oil is not over. Syria, Jordan, and Iran all have oil and pipline infrastructure.

http://www.realchange.org/bushjr.htm

Lies, Fraud and Deception to Promote War in Iraq

Don't buy the Bush spin that the lies about Iraq are only "16 words" -- the administration lied, deceived or committed outright fraud about every single point they used to justify invading Iraq (except to say that Saddam was an evil man.)

The "16 words" spin reveals just how shameless their lies are. Short lies don't matter? Well, Clinton got impeached for just 8 words -- "I did not have sex with that woman." Even by that ridiculous standard, Bush is twice as big a liar as Bill Clinton.

The uranium allegation (the "16 words") is famous because the fraud is so obvious. That charge, which Bush stated directly in his State of the Union speech, was based on blatantly forged documents -- one purported to be from a Niger official, to himself. The Bush Administration knew they were forged. They had been told several times that the charges were false, including by our own CIA and State Department. Bush and his top aides fought to put the words back in his speech, using weaselly phrasing -- Defense Secretary Rumsfeld has actually argued that the statement wasn't a lie because Bush didn't SAY Iraq did try to buy uranium, he just said "British intelligence HAS LEARNED that they tried to buy uranium." Once again, Bush imitates Clinton, arguing about what the meaning of "is" is.

Before considering each of the dozens of individual deceptions, lies and misleading statements that Bush and his aides used to push the US into war in Iraq, let's not lose track of the big picture. The Bush administration justified war, immediate war, because alleged weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. Those weapons do not exist. They have not existed for years. The Bush adminstration knew this, because a top Iraqi defector told us this over 4 years ago, but they kept that information secret. And weapons of mass destruction were not the reason the Bush administration wanted to invade Iraq. Top officials have even admitted this, saying flat out that they had other reasons but chose WMD because it was the most effective argument politicially. There were many other deceptive charges by the Bush administration -- about unmanned drones, orders to use chemical weapons, aluminum tubes, links between Iraq and Al Qaeda, etc. But don't forget the big picture. The Bush administration knew that there were no WMD in Iraq. They deliberately and consistently lied to the American people about this, to justify war in Iraq. And 800 US soldiers have died as a result.

Convicted of Drunk Driving, and Lied to Cover It Up

George Bush now admits that he was convicted of drunk driving. On September 4, 1976, a state trooper saw Bush's car swerve onto the shoulder, then back onto the road. [The Bush camp spin that he was driving too slowly is simply a lie.] Bush failed a road sobriety test and blew a .10 blood alcohol, plead guilty, and was fined and had his driver's license suspended. His spokesman says that he had drunk "several beers" at a local bar before the arrest. Bush was 30 at the time. He now says that he stopped drinking when he turned 40 because it was a problem.

More troubling, Bush lied in denying such an arrest, and still won't take responsibility for his actions. His first reaction was to blame Democrats and Fox News -- the only openly conservative TV network -- for reporting the story. "Why [was this reported] now, four days before the election? I've got my suspicions." He refused to say what his suspicions are, though. Bush admits covering up the story, but seems to think he has no responsibility for the failure of his cover up.

Bush has brazenly and repeatedly lied to cover up and minimize this arrest.

1. Bush Lied at his Press Conference, 11/3/2000

Bush said he paid a fine on the spot and never went to court. That is clearly a lie, as you can see on this court document showing his court hearing a month later. In fact, it was a man also in court for DUI the same day who revealed Bush' arrest. Here is exactly what Bush said in his press conference:
    Bush: "I told the guy I had been drinking and what do I need to do? And he said, "Here's the fine." I paid the fine and did my duty...."
    Reporter: "Governor, was there any legal proceeding of any kind? Or did you just -- "
    Bush: "No. I pled -- you know, I said I was wrong and I ..." Reporter: "In court? "
    Bush: No, there was no court. I went to the police station. I said, "I'm wrong."

2. Bush Lied in Court, 1978

Bush got a court hearing to get his driving suspension lifted early, even though he had not completed a required driver rehabilitation course. He told the hearings officer that he drank only once a month, and just had "an occasional beer." The officer granted his request. But Bush continued drinking for 8 years after that date and has said publicly that he drank too much and had a drinking problem during that time. Presumably Bush was under oath during the hearing, though we haven't been able to pin down that detail. The Bush campaign refuses to comment on this contradiction.

3. Bush Lied To "The Dallas Morning News", 1998

"Just after the governor's reelection in 1998, [Dallas Morning News reporter Wayne] Slater pressed Bush about whether he had ever been arrested. 'He said, 'After 1968? No.'" Dallas Morning News, 11/03/2000 [Before 1968, Bush was arrested for theft and vandalism in college.]

4. Bush Lied On 'Meet The Press', 11/21/99

Tim Russert: "If someone came to you and said, 'Governor, I'm sorry, I'm going to go public with some information.' What do you do?"
    Bush: "If someone was willing to go public with information that was damaging, you'd have heard about it by now. You've had heard about it now. My background has been scrutinized by all kinds of reporters. Tim, we can talk about this all morning."

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/10/25/halliburton.memo/index.html

[​IMG]

Bush is a liar and a drunk.

8. West Point

West Point Banned

Thats not the point. With rights comes responsibilities. The door swings both ways. You can not demand equal right but choose not to have the same responsibilities as men. If this was a perfectly just world women would be drafted without a doubt. However, I do not believe women should be in the military and am glad that our world is not perfectly just.

9. dotadave

dotadave Member

*smacks forehead*

For one thing your using the oppression of womyn by man as a justification for the oppression of womyn by man, same goes for the oppression of homosexuals by homophobes. Second of all, its not as though womyn are going to be in combat unarmed.

10. CyberFly

CyberFly Banned

Is chivalry completely dead here? Should women be treated like men for the sake of equal rights. What the fuck is wrong with you? Why can't women have equal rights in the U.S. and not be drafted to die in battle. Women should be treated better. We should send the fat blowharts like Rush Lardball, who are the ones beating the war drum to begin with.

[​IMG]

11. Strawberry_Fields_Fo

Strawberry_Fields_Fo RN

**Rolls eyes**

First of all, Rush "Lardball", politicians such as Bush, Cheney, and everyone else can't go to war because they're too old--no one of their age group would ever be in any kind of combat situation, and most of them aren't qualified anyway. If we send all the leaders to war, there'd be no one to lead the war! How smart is that idea?

Sorry, but women cannot have equal rights and not equal responsibilities. As a female, I understand this and except this. This is why I personally do not support a draft for women OR men. You shouldn't act outraged that women may become drafted and then not care that men may be drafted too. The draft is a bad idea for both genders. There are plenty of reasons to go against it without bringing in the gender card.

And btw, chivalry is not about being sexist towards men. It is about both genders respecting each other.

-Kate

12. renee

renee Member

Hey, y'all want equal rights, you want to right to "choose", but when it comes to war and fighting or something manly you're chicken shit... How sad... :rolleyes:

13. Megara

Megara Banned

How can you be against a draft? I hope you mean a draft for the iraq war. We shuold NOT ban the draft forever though. It would be absolutely stupid too.

14. Strawberry_Fields_Fo

Strawberry_Fields_Fo RN

I'm against any kind of draft because killing is against my religion. Since I would never fight, I don't think it's fair to force others to fight in my place. Also, because of the draft 56,000 Americans lost their lives for virtually no reason (since we didn't do what we went there to do) in Vietnam. And newsflash...the draft at its current state has been banned forever. That's why they have to go through congress to bring it back.

-Kate

15. Megara

Megara Banned

whoa whoa whoa

draftees made up only 25% of the american figthing force...and 30% of the combat deaths......now in WWII, 66% of the people who servered wree drafted.

the draft is ABSOLUTELY NOT banned. It has to be instituted. Just like war has to be declared by congress. ALL american males of 18 years of age or older have to send in a draft card. This is for a "banned draft?" Sorry, but it is not banned, it is just not operating currently.

So, if the US was invaded, you wouldnt fight, or want anyone else to fight?

here is the link for the stats i posted:

http://www.vetshome.com/Vietnam.htm

16. Strawberry_Fields_Fo

Strawberry_Fields_Fo RN

18 year old males have to register, yes, but it's different from the way it was in the 60's. They got rid of that draft in 1973. Nowadays, they still have to register, but that's just so the gov. has their info if they ever reinstate the draft via going through congress.

And no, I would not fight. As for other people fighting, it's their choice, but it wouldn't be fair of me to demand that they be FORCED to fight. Of course voluntary service should be allowed, I know we need a military. But we don't need a mandatory one.

-Kate

17. Strawberry_Fields_Fo

Strawberry_Fields_Fo RN

sorry, accidental double post. :eek:

18. Megara

Megara Banned

the draft is not banned though, that would require a constitutional amendment. It just needs to be activated.

19. NCF145

NCF145 Member

Why are you pissed off at Bush about this bill? He has nothing to do with it. Not only did he not have anything to do with the proposal, he doesn't support it either. In fact, it was introduced by some of the most liberal politicians in Congress. I can't remember the congressman's name, but it was proposed by a black congressman, because he believes that there aren't enough whites in the military and that only blacks are dying in war. It is a bullshit bill that will not pass. I'll find the congressman's name that proposed the bill, but first I have to finish studying for my labratory quiz.

20. NCF145

NCF145 Member

Found it. The main Representative that was behind and proposed the bill was Charles Wrangle from Harlem, NY.