If Bush Wins, Women Will be Drafted Too!!

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by CyberFly, Jun 4, 2004.

1. CyberFly

CyberFly Banned

Guard your daughters before Bush gives them the Draft:

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/issues/alert/?alertid=5834001&content_dir=ua_congressorg

Congress brought twin bills, S. 89 and HR 163 forward this year, http://www.hslda.org/legislation/na...s89/default.asp entitled the Universal National Service Act of 2003, "to provide for the common defense by requiring that all young persons [age 18--26] in the United States, including women, perform a period of military service or a period of civilian service in furtherance of the national defense and homeland security, and for other purposes." These active bills currently sit in the committee on armed services.

Dodging the draft will be more difficult than those from the Vietnam era.

College and Canada will not be options. In December 2001, Canada and the U.S. signed a "smart border declaration," which could be used to keep would-be draft dodgers in. Signed by Canada's minister of foreign affairs, John Manley, and U.S. Homeland Security director, Tom Ridge, the declaration involves a 30-point plan which implements, among other things, a "pre-clearance agreement" of people entering and departing each country. Reforms aimed at making the draft more equitable along gender and class lines also eliminates higher education as a shelter. Underclassmen would only be able to postpone service until the end of their current semester. Seniors would have until the end of the academic year.

[​IMG]

2. MaxPower

MaxPower Kicker Of Asses

A draft would be political suicide for Bush (dont give me that 2 term bullshit, once he's out theres gonna be a million jobs for him in politics), he'll avoid it at all costs if he wants to be respected for the rest of his life. And do you think the Republicans will have ANY chance of winning the '08 election if Bush forces a draft? Hell no. It would be a disaster. Riots in the streets. Don't be a sensationalist dumbass, there's not going to be a draft.

But on the point of the topic: women can now be drafted. So the fuck what? I love how women are being opressed in the workplace and kept down in society, but when it comes to defending the country it's up to the men to give their lives? What the hell kind of bullshit is that? Equal rights, but only men are supposed to be drafted? Screw that.

3. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

I'm not oppressed! I'm totally fine right where I am! Barefoot and pregnant is my motto! Don't touch me or I'll hit you with a frying pan!

4. MaxPower

MaxPower Kicker Of Asses

Bah, I've had worse.

5. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

well, if there ever were a draft, it seems only fair that women be drafted, too.

6. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

easy for you to say, kc... since you're over the age. :p

hopefully ill be over the age too, IF it even happens which i hope not and also doubt.

7. WalrusKeeper

WalrusKeeper Member

Yes, I mean, if the US government were going to treat people dictatorially, then they better do it with some equality.:(

8. mynameiskc

hehe, true. but coming from a military family, i was nearly shanghai'd into going. it was always just assumed i would. but i wanted to serve in other ways because i'm so easily led and would probably become some mindless killing drone. very scary. i coulda been leash girl! *shiver*

but i've always considered women postition in the military to be unfair. we want equality, but only for the good stuff. well, all boys have to register for the selective service when they're 18, i've gone down there with 2 brothers and a boyfriend already. seems to me that the girls should have to do it, too. it's a pretty un-nerving experience. if women have to sign up for the draft, there will be more mothers and fathers trying to make more intelligent decisions about whether or not we should be going to war.

9. Moonjava

Moonjava Senior Member

All women who want to complain about being drafted should complain to the women's rights organizations who have fought for equal rights. My Bible tells me that men and women should play different roles, and even if women shouldn't be drafted, it's only fair now that they've fought so hard to be equal. Thanks girls!!
    Peace,
    Moonjava

10. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

That is a great point.

11. Moonjava

Moonjava Senior Member

Yes, Sera, I agree, too! That is a great point.

12. Pointbreak

Pointbreak Banned

The whole draft story is a scaremongering non-issue. There is going to be no draft.

13. JosieJune

JosieJune Member

...if there were a draft, how long after a woman gives birth would she be expected to put a gun in her hand and fight?
    Would our government allow her to breastfeed her baby? Based on the 'rules' regarding the drafting of college students it seems likely the government would rip the baby right off the breast!:eek:

Paz,
    Josie

14. mynameiskc

haha. i hope they try. never will young women want to stay home with thier children more than if there's a draft. and if they draft women anyway, there will be SUCH AN UPRISING!! that would be really neat.

15. JosieJune

JosieJune Member

With the abortion rights turn out as strong as it was, I would imagine there would be quite an uproar if the draft were enforced for mothers.

Paz,
    Josie

16. God

God Member

dude, drop the draft rhetoric. It is a possibility, and it is a possibility that I would almost support, simply for the fact that it would serve as a motivating factor to finally get the apathetic generation of youth off their stupid asses and to actually do something. So for that reason alone, I can see as a good reason for the draft. Of course, there are bad reasons too, but the way I figure, anyone on these boards and anyone else who is smart enough will find a way to dodge it. It's the retarted idiots who will blindly be drafted, and perhaps we are better off without them anyway. You know what they say, the meek will inherit the earth.

17. LickHERish

LickHERish Senior Member

Ah yes, the youth of today are apathetic so lets draft them and send them off to kill and die to make our elites ever richer, what a novel idea! :rolleyes:

18. butterfly

butterfly Member

Not if we all get pregnant we won't!

19. JosieJune

JosieJune Member

Why do I find these words strangely comforting???:rolleyes:
    One might have to be willing to loose citizenship...and for some, that would be better than losing life!

Paz,
    Josie

20. MaxPower

MaxPower Kicker Of Asses

No, I beleive it was You who said that.

And 35% of all people who read this will not get that joke.