I'd like to thank .....

Discussion in 'Back to the Garden' started by Ranger, Aug 17, 2005.

1. Ranger

Ranger Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Shameless_heifer for inspiring this new forum and Skip for setting things up so quickly.
    By way of introduction the inspiration for this forum came mostly form a search on Google for our old commune,The Church of the Good Earth that I ran a few weeks ago that led me to find Shameless_heifer and Rita's posts in the 'Hippie Reunion' thread and the resulting reuniting of myself with my sweetheart Rita after 28 years.:D Since then we've reestablished contact with another long lost sister, Audreyanne.
    So all you brothers and sisters out there please post the names of your old families and/or family members so that if anyone else is inspired to run a search this forum may act as a conduit to bring our brothers and sisters home.

2. skip

skip Founder Administrator

I really appreciate you and Shameless Heifer bringing this to my attention. The original inspiration for our first hippie forum was to bring together those who'd lost contact from the ol' daze and to see if we could recover the old spirit and infect a new generation with our vision.

Well it seems to have worked! The hipforums are flooded with young people seeking something that society has left out of their lives. They are attracted to the ideals and lifestyle we lived way back, and many still live today.

So I'm more than happy to create a new forum with the sole purpose of bringing together the elders of the clans, many of whom have been cast to the wind all these decades later. Your experience and steadfast vision is needed today more than ever!

And as you can see there is a generation hungry for direction and leadership. We must show them the alternatives that we pioneered and help them to understand the way the system functions so that it can be changed - at last!

We may not have had sufficient numbers when we first came of age, but with a couple more generations of free-thinkers behind us, perhaps it's not too late to make a difference.

Good luck with this forum. I hope you and Shameless Heifer can help others achieve those long lost dreams.

P.S. Congrats on your reunion with your loved one! :)

3. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

Here here!! Thank you all!!!!!!!! This is wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!