I'd go to a festival, but...

Discussion in 'Events and Festivals' started by graven, May 12, 2004.

1. graven

graven Member

Anything that allows dogs? I'm not really keen on leaving my dog at a kennel, I've worked at several and they're not the sort of thing that I'd want my dog to experience. I'd go to the festivals, but every one I've read so far doesn't allow dogs. Too bad.

2. lizm

lizm Member

It does seem to be rarer and rarer these days. I suspect it has a lot to do with insurance, i know that's the case at Nelson's Ledges which used to allow them but now can't afford the much higher premium that allowing dogs entails.

When we had a dog (he died last year), we never kenneled him for festivals, we hired a neighbor (she was 12 or so) to come to our house 2-3x a day and let him out, feed him, check water, play, etc. It worked very well, we paid her about $2 a visit and she lived right down the block.

I think our dog preferred that to being in a kennel, at least he was HOME.

3. Jahappleweed

Jahappleweed Member

What do you do if you and your dog are living on the road?

4. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

I don't know....I think dogs at shows are kind of annoying. I went to a play in the park last year and someone brought their huge German Shepherd. He was cute and all, but during the play (Romeo and Juliet), one of the actors was yelling and the dog went nuts and started growling and barking and trying to eat him. It kind of ruined the moment....I think it was Mercutio's death scene. If I had a dog, I would love to take it places, but you also have to be respectful of other people. A lot of dog owners aren't. I'm not saying everyone....but a lot.... :)

5. graven

graven Member

I guess if your on the road with your dog, your out of luck. Unless you have lots of money to spend boarding your dog at a kennel, and assuming you carry all your dogs vet records with you, assuming you have what the kennels require...

Me? I guess I don't need to experience a festival badly enough to leave my best friend behind.

6. sonik

sonik Member

What kind of dog do you have?

You could always get a search and rescue license hehe

7. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

they were probably doing the scene wrong, and he, or she, got pissed. I mean, come on now

8. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

the church of univesal love and music allows dogs. its in acme pa. some smaller festies do.

9. terrapinchasin

terrapinchasin Member

Sound quilt at the Cove in West Virginia.I have a pit bull who loves people. I wouldn't want to take him because he'd be getting to know new friends all day and I wouldn't enjoy the music.