id be delighted for my child to go to iraq tony blair

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by jonny2mad, Apr 26, 2007.

1. jonny2mad

jonny2mad Senior Member

Prime Minister Tony Blair has told reporters he would be "delighted" if his child wanted to serve in Iraq.

is he telling the truth ? why doesnt he go and get shot at

and why are they trying to stop prince harry from going

2. sun_heart_girl

sun_heart_girl Member

Well, if he'd said he would hate to have his child serve, everyone would just say that he was a hypocrite and think of all those families of soldiers blah blah. It's a catch-22. The only way out of it would have been the really really obvious one - not getting into this ridiculous mess in the first place.

As for Harry, no idea. I think it's great that he wants to go like the others. He's the onl member of the royal family that I have a bit of respect for (just a bit, mind) :)

3. jonny2mad

jonny2mad Senior Member

apparently harrys going

anyway what are we going to do to stop the war protesting didnt seem to work

4. paulfreespirit

paulfreespirit Senior Member

maybe cuz he has to tie all of their shoelaces in the morning ?

5. paulfreespirit

personally i would send the fuckin lotta them their and turn buckingham palace into a wacky warehouse

6. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

Blair would have to say that even if he didn't mean it. There's very little we as citizens of an occupying nation can do anymore except keep up the pressure for them to pull the troops out and continue campaigning to help prevent future wars....

7. paulfreespirit

so why ? would he have to say what he dont mean man ........think i now what yer mean sal " therefore the twat does"nt have a conscience maybe one day when his kids grow up in a ravaged wartorn world that conscience may just comeback to haunt him man ...... lets hope so

8. Peace-Phoenix

Yeah he has to say he'd be happy for his son to go to war because if he didn't his credibility would be utterly destroyed. Not that he has much credibility left anyway, but there we go. The only way he could say he wouldn't be happy for his son to go to war would be if he admitted the war was a mistake and that he was sorry. Yeah, and reports of extreme weather conditions in hell have caused pigs to sprout wings....

9. J0hn

J0hn Phantom

This war is unwinnable. I saw the other night on News 24 channel 80, a servicemen who is serving in Iraq, how he is sure that this war is out of control and how no positive outcome has come since the invasion. Personally I think Tony Blair would probably send his kids into Iraq as Tony blair is too coward to do it himself. Cannot wait till Tony blair falls off his pedistool. Cannot forget the day, Tony became prime minister. How I miss John Major:(

10. Peace-Phoenix

John Major was arguably much worse than Blair. He might not have had a major (geddit?) impact on foreign policy, but had he been in power at the same time as Bush Jr. he'd have made the same decision to go to war. What's more, he's responsible for the privatisation of the railways and several key utilities. Thatcherism without Thatcher is what they said of Major. Indeed he probably went even further than she did in the end. I remember how excited everyone was when Blair came to power. I'm not sure why anyone was surprised, New Labour had been a decade in the making....

11. J0hn

J0hn Phantom

I believe John major had more sense. Maybe he wasn't easily influenced. Tony blair has a mind of a child. Easily influenced. John major had one which was firm. I think all politicians have weaknesses. I feel Tony blair is like the politician who should not have been a politician, let alone a prime minister. Thatcher, she was easy compared to Blair and major put together. I was too young to fully appreciate Thatcher. I was just a kid, but the candle burnt out long before her legend ever did

12. paulfreespirit

:D :lol: owls that coo and pigs sprouting wings .......the worlds gone totally crazy man

13. paulfreespirit

what the fuck are you on about john his views on politics were just as pathetic as his cricket career .

14. dapablo

dapablo redefining

Remind us how old you were when he was prime minister then John. :)

15. ronald Macdonald

ronald Macdonald Banned

Its all a load of publicity you fell for - the royal family had no intention of sending the third in line to serve in Iraq. Now everyone will say, Brilliant we have a brave prince but shame he couldnt go still its for the best - meanwile real soldiers are getting killed while this little kid struts up and down playing at armies and war!

As for Tony Blair thats the exact question he knew he would be asked and when it gets asked loud nough he will fuck off and leave gordon to it !

I cant believe ANY of you actually thought Harry would get to the front line. On the day it was announced he would go I said it was a load of shit to bring good publicity on him and that any of the real soldiers would have strong objections to their lives being put in danger - truth is that real soldiers refuse to be on the front line with him and even the families m,ain security advisors (SAS) wouldnt protect him there

nah it always was a cheap publicity stunt that wouldnt be carried to its conclusion - designed to make you believe in him

16. The Reverend

The Reverend Member

I'm not usually the type to put quotes in signiatures but that's one of the best things I've ever read on hipforums. I laughed out loud for at least 5 mins. I think I might have to use it....

17. paulfreespirit

as long as you split the royalties in half man ........well someones got to staff the place ;)

18. ronald Macdonald

ronald Macdonald Banned

Are you paul freespirit or meanspirit ?

19. snakeyes

snakeyes Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

do you guys seriously think Harry wants to go. His 'anouncement' that he is not afraid to die is bullshit. It's just so when they say he's not allowed to go, all the people will think. 'well, Harry was prepared to go and die for his country if necessary', so it's not his fault. He's not a coward.

Are people so easily fooled? no wonder the country is gone down the toilet

20. snakeyes

snakeyes Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Sorry Ronald. I just basically repeated what you said. I didn't see it.