I work for gas

Discussion in 'Globalization' started by DoggoD, May 10, 2004.

1. dangermoose

dangermoose Is a daddy

it's always amazed me how so many people feel that they somehow have a 'right', to a seeminlgy limitless supply of a certain commodity, and that they should get it cheap, regardsless of the environmental impact...simply because they deem it a necessity. gas and electricity come to mind first and foremost....but food as well. we stuff our faces with food while second and thrid world farmers starve to produce it for us.

let the price of gas skyrocket. i look forward to everyjump in the price.

2. Pablo

Pablo Member

where did you get the idea that we are taking food produced by third world farmers? the US is a major exporter of corn, wheat and other foods, i agree with most of your post but the idea that we are taking the little food starving people produce is inacurate, its more like were taking their ability to produce it.

3. Pointbreak

Pointbreak Banned

Yeah imagine you are a third world farmer. Can you imagine anything worse than a load of rich people wanting to stuff their face with your food?

4. dangermoose

dangermoose Is a daddy

pablo, you're mostly right, it's not just third world farmers getting fucked over.....im stoned so i'll respond properly later, but for now, think coffee.

5. Jozak

Jozak Member

How you could infer that was a metaphor is beyond me, but I can usually spot satire and that did not come across as it.

Hope you enjoyed the laugh, asshole.

6. Pablo

Pablo Member

I hope some day you figure out that your a moron, and why, so you can work on fixing it. It wasn't a metaphor, do you know what a metaphor is? I'll tell you one thing, it isnt when someone means exactly what they say. What he said was a conection, the two ideas were related, but not side by side.

7. Jozak

Jozak Member

Moron? Are you serious? I would bet my parents house and life savings that I am more intelligent than you. I am not a moron. Where do you go to school? Where do you work? Yeah, get back to me on that and we can compare notes. Lowlife.

I know what a metaphor is, you damn simpleton. How dare you talk condescending to me. You were being an asshole becasue I misunderstood a fucking post, get over it, tighten your bra strap you sissy.

"I'll volunteer Prof. Pablo! A metaphor is used when someone is making a direct comparison to somthing. Here are my examples!"
    "Pablo is a dumb, lowlife, piece of shit"--that is a metaphor.
    "Pablo is about as smart as the pig on his avatar's ass"--that is a simile.

Class dismissed, asshole.

8. Pablo

Pablo Member

The way you get riled up amuses me, though i find it sad that you don't realise how stupid you are being. I don't know why you want to know where i work. Obviously some sort of classist thinking is behind that. Also, i say this cause it will piss you off, and thats funny. "Pablo is about as smart as the pig on his avatar's ass" You misworded this, My avetar is a pig, and it has no ass, so how could there be a pig on said ass? I think you meant to say "about as smart as the ass of the pig on his avetar"
    The funny thing is im happy and your mad, but aparently im the dumb one, my life is good and im well liked, but your the smart one. Ok, even though no one likes you and you contribute nothing, not here on the forums, and probably not in real life.
    As for my job, its in my profile genius, Im a fabricationist, I'll break it down for you since you don't know what that means, I take a damage report on an aircraft in the service depot, anylise what needs to be done, order any needed parts and then I repair it. Thats right i work with my hands, i supose to you that makes me lowly, well atleast im not some little goth punk who spends his time angrily fussing about people corecting him when hes wrong, using his best effort to sound inteligent. If you were inteligent, you would be...well inteligent, so youve already proven that your lieing.

let me break it down for you once more

"Yeah...my cousin is stuck fighting in Iraq so some ditzy lazy housewife can drive her kids to soccer practice in her Hummer...." Its not a metaphor, she meant that he has to fight so that a lady, not his wife, just some lady, can drive a big car. Thats not a metaphor...stupid :D

I just hope for your sake and the sake of others that your actualy smarter than your pretending to be and are infact just bored and trying to amuse yourself by pretending to be a moron.

9. Jozak

Jozak Member

I wasn't pissed off until you started being an asshole, all becasue I misunderstood a post. No classist thinking behind it whatsoever.

It could have an ass, you just can't see it. At any rate, I wasn't being serious.

I contribute nothing to these forums? Yeah, okay, whatever you say. I have been a memeber here for a long time now, and I have earned the respect of many people who don't agree with me and those who do. As far as real life goes, you don't know me, and I contribue as much as I can in every aspect of my life.

No, that does not make you lowly the least bit. My dad was a blue collar worker for a long time, I didn't call you a lowlife becasue of your job, whatever it was, I called you that becasue you sit there and insult me for not understanding a post. Judging from that, it seems you don't have much of a life, if that is how you act in the real world.

GOTH PUNK?! LOL. Okay, now I am happy. How do you infer that I am a goth punk? I dress nothing like a goth, someone once described me as a "Thrift store prep" but I only tell you this to show I am far, far from a goth. lol. I don't have to sit here and prove to you I am intelligent, you can look at my posts all over the rest of the forum. I am not arrogant, but I certainly will not sit here and let someone like you insult me, when you don't know what you are talking about.

You know what, I did misread the post. So what? You don't, once again, have to be an asshole about it. I don't mess up like that to often. I am going to a great college in 5 weeks, I have friends, I was on prom court at my high school, and this is the best my life has been in years, so fuck you. [​IMG]

10. Pablo

Pablo Member

Well if your so happy why are you so pissed off, wanker

11. xscoutx

xscoutx Member

Queen says:

GET ON YOUR BIKES AND RIDE!

12. wideyed

wideyed Member

yeah sorry to break it to you man, but i agree with graham. if your gas price is 2.00$us/ us gal that works out to 51.3 cents / liter. I havent seen that in like 7 years. I just filled up at 91.5 in kelowna bc here. Thats next door provincially to the best oilfields in canada. I think your government uses cheap gas as a way to stimulate your economy at the expense of... pretty much everything.

and i'm done with my car too, as of aug 18. i'm going to put my 300/mo gas and ins into something else.
    and about the biodiesel cars.. did you know that the german inventor of the diesel engine actually DESIGNED it to run on vegetable oil? it was a way to help the agricultural industry, in his mind. But then ww1 (or maybe it was ww2) came along and the most available oil was petrochemical, so thats what they used instead.

13. wideyed

wideyed Member

its always better to read more than the first page in a thread before responding, so you dont seem like an off topic wingnut. but hey you two were kinda distracted too..

14. keowyn

keowyn Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Why would anyone think that they NEEDED an SUV for long drives? That makes no sense at all.

Yeah, Americans in general are incredibly ignorant about the price of gas. Thay should throw an extra $2 a gallon tax on gas and use the money to build a public transportation infrastructure. Our vehicles are retardedly inefficient.

I get over 50 mpg. Pay no insurance in the state of Florida and very little elsewhere. I can park nearly anywhere I please. A full tank of gas costs me $7. And I bet I enjoy traveling more than the idiot in the 3 ton SUV. I get from point A to B faster than most anyone.

1987 Kawasaki Ninja 600R

Motorcycles rock.

15. Jozak

Jozak Member

Hey guess? what Not everyone lives in sunny Florida! Not everyone is 25--single, or with a girlfriend, or with 1 or 2 kids!! Where I live Winter is a bitch, and we get inches upon inches of snow each year, and we have a large family, so we HAVE to have an SUV so my dad can get to work.

16. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

I think I saw the same thing.

Be careful, it only works for deisel engines (Diesel's original engine actually ran on veggie oil, before petroleum became cheap and popular). You'll fuck up a regular engine if you put veggie oil in it.

17. Applespark

Applespark Ingredients:*Sugar*

I spend probably over 100 a month on my own driving. My guy spends about 80. Together that's 2352 dollors a year about in gas. It only costs 800 dollars to make a veggie oil powered car out of a jetta ( so I am told) My guy wants to do it. It gets like 40 miles to a gallon. Hmm We will probably do that some day. Gas is average about 2.00 to 2.19 a gallon..that sux.

18. freeinalaska

freeinalaska Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Very true. Not all of us are sporting large vehicles just for grins. Winter is a real bitch here also. Our truck is used to haul kids, food and firewood. I also like the fact that when some recently arrived military wife from the south slides over the centerline and sideswipes my wife, she will at least stand a chance.

My brother died on a motorcycle. My brother-in-law died on a motorcycle. My neighbor died on a motorcycle. My college roommate died on her boyfriend's motorcycle. I sold my motorcycle long ago.

But yes, we can limit our driving and cut down the expense of gas as best we can, as well as be as environmentally friendly as possible.

It is very true, that even with the prices being in excess of $2 a gallon, we are paying much less than those in most of Europe.

I still have to bitch about the price in my area, though. The oil comes from the North Slope here via the Trans-Alaska Pipeline, get refined locally and then is piped directly to the pump. Why do we still pay higher prices that others in the US?

Does any one have any real information about the veggie oil powered vehicles. I mean veggie oil isn't really that cheap and to start filling a few vehicles with might really take the toll on supply and demand.

19. chickenchoker

chickenchoker Member

"I would love to ride my bike to work, but 50 miles is more than I can handle 5 times a week.
    Its true how ridiculous it is over here with the size of vehicles. Ford makes these F-350's and stuff that are like the size of a comercial freight truck and they are everywhere! (I drive a Ranger 4x4, and it is still fairly big)."

The F-350 gets about the same mileage as your Ranger.
    cc

20. wideyed

wideyed Member

yeah the vegetable oil diesels probably wouldnt be that cheap to run unfortunately. but the emissions they kick out are a lot less harmful than diesel. and you can run any type of veg oil in them - palm, sunflower, canola, you name it. heres a website for conversion kits. www.greasecar.com . the way i see it its a way to steal power from the oil companies and reduce pollution at the same time. give your money to the farming community instead of exxon. they'll appreciate it more, and it will stay in your community.