I Wish.....

Discussion in 'Games and Contests' started by Moonglow181, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

(Complete the sentence any way you want)

I wish I was in Scotland right now in a pub in the beautiful countryside drinking an ale with people I trust.

2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i wish so many things. mostly i think, i wish i could live in a forest, without having to own a car, or any of the hassles that would come with doing so.
    i think the next best thing then that, would be to have some sort of a garden or at least more room to make things, preferably both, at no greater, or even less cost, then where i am living.
    i wish all the pavement, could be turned into gardens, with solar powered narrow gauge trains for buses, to go everywhere.

3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i wish it was easier and cheaper to get out of earth's gravity well. (and easier and safer getting back too)

i wish i'd been born ten years sooner, to have ridden interurbans and narrow gauge, and ten years later, so personal computers could have existed when i was in high school, or at least when i started college.

(really wish both could have been at the same time)

4. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I wish... I felt good and had plenty of energy every day.

5. Pieceofmyheart

Pieceofmyheart Grumpy old bitch HipForums Supporter

I wish all foods were healthy so I could eat whatever I want. Because...well....bacon.

1 person likes this.
  6. iamjustme

iamjustme Wishful thinker HipForums Supporter

I wish we could go back and relive moments in our lives. Just visit. I want to watch Lion King with pillows and blankets, popcorn and M&M's and my two kids were little again.

7. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

... I was a catfish, swimmiiiiing in the deep blue sea

8. audrey_the_endotherm

audrey_the_endotherm Members

I wish I had a wish to wish.

9. Asmodean

^
    Sounds like wishful thinking to me.

10. Aerianne

I wish it wasn't humid so I could open the windows and let the cool air in the house.

11. Amethyst87F

Amethyst87F JesF35

I could smoke inside. :(

12. themnax

themnax Senior Member

there are many things i might wish. a few have to do with my personal life and arrangements, many more, and i believe more of them more important to me,
    have to do with the kind of world, that is shared by each and all of us, to have to live in.

i would really wish to see, the beauty of the countryside, not being destroyed, for the sake of the automobile,
    and the other illusion of freedom, which is the exclusivity of private ownership of the land.

i wish i could do everything that brings me pleasure, and everything that life requires, without ever seeing pavement, wider then a place to walk.
    i wish i could live in a structure, no larger then my personal requirements.
    i wish i could see and ride, little people sized trains, replacing every function of the automobile, even of trucks and highways as well.
    i wish nothing involved the use of symbolic value, unless it required the effort of others, and then only for the compensation of those who's effort it actually was.
    and better still, that such compensation be provided, by other means, and of their own individual and specific choosing.

13. Aerianne

I wish there weren't mosquitoes.

14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i know this sounds like a weird thing to say, and a weirder thing to say to people,
    but i wish more humans were less emotionally dependent, on hearing the noises they make to each other.

its probably, i don't know if i could ever explain what i mean by that.
    but its kind of at the root of so many problems we make for ourselves and each other,
    both individually and as a species.

and of course i'm aware, that the very act of mentioning it, adds to it.

15. iamjustme

iamjustme Wishful thinker HipForums Supporter

I wish we stopped ageing at 35

2 people like this.
  16. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i wish the BODY stopped aging at 12, but the mind quickly matured by then, and we continued living healthily for another 138 years after that.
    i wish the universe were a forest covered mountain, that continued forever in all directions
    i wish i could continue to create and explore for ever, without having to take or posses any sort of physical form to do so.
    i wish i could create by shaping rocks and trees telekeneticly
    i wish mechanical transportation was completely silent and propelled by magic.
    i wish i could upload my dreams, and print out the objects in them in 3d.

17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

12?? Your manhood ain't finished growing yet big nuts!! :D

18. Asmodean

He would wear a squirrel suit with some big nuts ;)

19. themnax

themnax Senior Member

its the age at which nothing has gotten heavy enough yet to begin being distorted to ugliness by gravity.
    even nature makes a mistake though, with child bearing being risky at that age.
    well i was talking about appearance, not the mechanics of sexual reproduction.
    this is just one of the ways in which humans are dumb to imagine ourselves superior,
    in any other way, then our inclination to imagine and create artifacts.

i wish we lived on a planet that never had enough oil and coal to have developed technologies dependent on them.
    i wish we could have developed computers and the internet without ever inventing television or voice telephony.
    i wish we could have kept the interurban and narrow gauge railways, evolved them to intelligent and solar powered systems, and never replaced them with a transportation policy that worships the automobile.
    i wish public transportation were so universally abundant no one would ever need their own vehicle, unless they lived a hundred miles from anybody else.

i wish humans didn't think everything else was for and about humans.

20. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i wish people didn't believe everything they like depended on blinding themselves.
    i wish they didn't teach their children to equate doing so with growing up.