I WISH IT WAS THE 70s damnit

Discussion in 'Flashbacks' started by helzie, Sep 27, 2004.

1. granpametal

granpametal Member

yes this all may look like the 70's but the kid's have a totally different look on life . an i don't give a shit additude. the clthes may look the same but we can't go back , but we can sure try.

2. sonik

sonik Member

I'm starting to hear sweet child of mine on the classic rock stations...........

:eek:

3. Sgtpepper12

Sgtpepper12 Member

people didnt wear tight tight jeasn in the 70s. that was late 80s

4. tuatara

tuatara Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

if jeans of the 70s weren't tight,how come you needed axle grease to put them on???

5. hannahannahannah

hannahannahannah What's a Palindrome?

Depends on which time in the 70s you're talking about. The early 70s were still the 60s really. - If memory serves, disco and tight jeans (with lots of foo foo decor on the pockets *rolls eyes*) didn't hit until 75 or 76.

6. ALLY0UN33DISL0V3

ALLY0UN33DISL0V3 Member

[​IMG]
    Dude! Yout totally stole my plan.

I have this all planned out,
    I will go back in time, be born in 1952, so I will have grown up hating the flawed society of the 50s, changed from safe to rebellious with the Beatles, and come Woodstock, I would have found my own commune to travel to that marvelous heavan to :)

7. BusHippy

BusHippy Member

The 70's were a leftover from the previous decade. I was still under the influence, but we had to contend with skinheads (who were actually misguided) and the onset of disco around 76. I embraced all of it, that's all of it I can remember.

8. Hari

Hari Art thou Art

I lived next to a disco for three months,,or rather on top of a disco, it was called "Lucifer"
    I never saw so many shinning people, I mean they would spend a fortune on threads. Once I saw one of my younger sisters passing to go in while waiting for my roomate dowstairs . I still looked like a Hippie in 1979, so we were both ashamed, and neither one acknowledged the other.....

9. taw

taw Member

Today is the 29th of the year 2007,I was born on 1993,I see everywhere I go people complaining about wanting to go back in time and not realizing life is here and now,even though as much as we want to,we cannot go back in time,all we can do is live the present to the fullest and expect the future,I must admit the future is not something I give too much thought,but today I came up with the idea of the 2010´s, the decade we live on today might not be what we want to or where we choose to live but if we really but our hearts and minds into it,the 2010´s can be all we want and more we need to start giving thought into it,spreading the word about it,it will all be about being yourself and love and peace and everything we need is inside of us and our sibling´s persons.Another thing we need is real musicians,not good or bad cause that doesnt actually exists it all depends on who´s listening,we need real and honest musicians who spends their hardwork on crafting music that expresses their true self and wishes and connects with the minds and hearts of the people all over the world not with their pockets,people need to be reminded of what really matters,I think every single person in the world could make a whole new musical genre if they put themselves into it,but people choose to copy eachother´s formula,because they think "if it worked for them why wont it work for me?" people should put everything they really are in everything they do may it be a song or just a step towards the kitchen.

Now,who´s with me?

10. hailtothekingbaby

hailtothekingbaby Yowzers!

Well said, actually. :)

We'll just have to make the best out of the here and now. In fact, we have very little choice.

11. salmon4me

salmon4me Senior Member

Longest sentence ever.

12. Smoking420Buddha

Smoking420Buddha Member

You Said it All Man!!!!

13. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

It was an era when elbows weren't permanently locked in the cell phone configuration.

Also, you could talk to the person next to you without him ignoring you. Today you have to call the person standing right next to you to get his attention.

14. epatsellis

epatsellis Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

My favorite memories from the 70's:

Hanging out with my best friends brother at his apartment, smoking and listening to the music, or the 3 or4 guys that came around once in a while playing guitars half the night. And not being ingnored when the smoke was being passed around (as well as being reminded whether the j was going left or right after you took a hit), even if you were a dorky 14 year old that didn't fit in.

Moving to Daytona Beach in '77, something about living there when you're a 15 year old boy and spring break, an education no amount of money could ever buy you......

Moving back to W.Mass in '79 and seeing all the disco clubs everywhere, and having a beard, looking old enough to get in and actually get served.

Getting pulled over by the cops, 2 1/2 sheets to the wind and having them follow you home, to make sure you get there ok. (try that today, DUI is cop speak for income stream)

Things I wish I'd paid more attention to:

All the Arlo, Pete Seeger, and Peter Paul and Mary concerts that my aunt dragged me to. (my aunt had to be a hippie, looking back now..)

The Yellow Sun Co-Op in Amherst (does it still exist?)

All the friends that drank themselves to death or OD'd, most of them just needed somebody to talk to.

erie

15. PeaceLuvinHippieTaz

PeaceLuvinHippieTaz Member

right on, epatsellis. Lost alot of friends along the way. Car wrecks, OD's, suicide. My best friend left to join a cult in New Mexico. They took all her money and possesions, they messed up her mind. Alot of cults and communes were forming in the early 70's. People were searching for alternatives, spiritual healing and answers. What once was a safe and sure exisence in America had felt the spoils of Vietnam and Nixon's lies. People started questioning the government and we weren't so sure we were safe any more.

My random memories of the 70's:

*Bomb drills at school
    *Not being allowed to wear pants to school (until 3rd grade, when it changed)
    *$.10 cent candy bars
    *POW/MIA bracelets
    *Penny gumball machines
    *The introductions of Color TV (actually late 60's for most families)
    *The introduction of the microwave ovens
    *8-tracks
    *Black light poster
    *lava lamps
    *shag carpets
    *Bell bottom pants
    *hip huggers
    *peasant shirts and angel sleeves
    *blue eye shadow
    *smoking in every restuarant and concert (lots of pot smoking at concerts)

My fondest memory was in "79" when the aiotolla Komani (sp??) took 130 Americans hostage and Prez Carter wouldn't do anything to rescue them, Me and 7 other kids from KC went to Washington to march on the White House lawn in protest. We were arrested and paid a $50.00 fine for disturbing the peace.
    We decided then and there that we were leaving the USA. We packed up and drove to Rosarito Mexico! That was the best year and 1/2 I ever had. Mexico in the 70's was a blast.

16. epatsellis

epatsellis Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

One of my favorite things to remind my stepkids, those that say they remember what a great time the '70s were either stay at home/live in the basement types, or they didn't have all the fun they say. I'm told I had a hell of a time in the 70's (and into the 80's), but damn if I can remember much myself.

8-Tracks, oh and vans....yeah vans were the best...

Black Light posters, even better, the black flocked color in with markers posters you could get at Spencer's

Loved Lava Lamps

Man, sure do miss hip huggers (and women even close to my age that would look good in them, WTF is it with the rural midwest???)
    Damn, if I could just find a woman that wore hip hugger bell bottomed jeans, peasant shirt, and could pull it off, I might even consider leaving my wife for her...well, I did say might....

Oh, and only being able to afford the cheap, nosebleed seats at concerts, but saving in fortune in pot, and getting just as high....

hardest thing to remember back then:
    was it pass to the right or pass to the left????

erie

17. Chris_mate

Chris_mate Member

Its clock wise these days !!

18. shameless_heifer

shameless_heifer Super Moderator

don't bogard that joint, my friend
    pass it over to me,
    you've been holding on to it,
    and I sure would like a hit.

19. Smoking420Buddha

Smoking420Buddha Member

i WISH I LIVED IN THE 70'S It was really when i should of born every body tells me i was born at the wrong time and shoulda live in the 70's my parents especially say this because they are 70's children that was there decade/generation and i really wish i coulda been there the times where so much better and way more laid back it saddens me so........................

20. Smoking420Buddha

Smoking420Buddha Member

My dad first said to me when he noticed how much i was amazed by the 70's "If you can remember the 70's,You prolly wernt there" lol

lol he only has told me a few stories,the ones he can remember,about his teenage years because he cant remember most of it