I will be travelling on the American landmass

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by bird_migration, Mar 17, 2008.

1. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

I don't take that many photographs really, but I will probably post some when and if I return.

2. AquaLight

AquaLight Senior Member

Good luck mate, traveling is awesome.
    I will probably travel for a couple of weeks this summer or later at the end of the year alone for the first time, and I am not sure where i am going yet.

3. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Good luck to you too.
    Destinationless; that's the best way of travelling.

4. Unknown American

Unknown American Rogue Capitalist

There are so many places to visit is Central and South America it is hard to even think of where to Suggest.

Costa Rica is amazing. Cool people, great beaches, lots of neat jungle.

Guatemala is another place. Tikal with its Mayan pyramids is incredible. Cheap camping is available. Get a night pass, it is worth it. The mornings are cooler and there is less people.

Belize has great diving and some nice beaches and jungles.

Honduras has a lot to offer. Some very pristine beaches and huge mountain ranges. More jungle there too.

I was not so impressed with Panama. But it is a tax haven so I do have interests there.

El Salvador is cool. But to be honest most people avoid it because of some of the instability. There is tons of adventure to be had there.

Ecuador is amazing and a must see.

Bolivia is one of my favorite countries. Beauty everywhere.

Colombia is hands down my absolute number 1 favorite. Check travel advisories for FARK warnings. But despite what you have heard they are not as bad as the media says. I have met some of them. Colombia would be far better off without US interference.

If you are smoking weed in Colombia do not travel with it. Get where you are going and then buy it. They do have checkpoints.

Peru has natural beauty everywhere. It is definitely another place I may get residency in.

All places in Central and South America have some cool places.

But the larger cities in all of them do have an element of crime. Also all of them have possible checkpoints at different times.

Always be aware.

I will PM you later a site that will give you all the information you need about possible cool places to see.