I will be travelling on the American landmass

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by bird_migration, Mar 17, 2008.

1. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

i don't mind specific, but he hasn't exactly presented anything but insults and his own superiority in every way for months now. it's gotten ridiculous. for fuck's sake, why is a guy of his brilliance and multi-cultural superiority doing going to college in fucking arkansas? MOST of america avoid arkansas. it's not our fault he picked a miserable pond in which to be the big fish.

2. praxiskepsis

praxiskepsis ha!

Check Cachoeira out. I truly recommend it. Especially the area sorrounding it. Cachoeira itself is a tiny bit touristy.

Also, if you're going to visit cities, I'd visit Salvador before I visit Rio. And stay away from Sao Paulo. If you're going to go to Sao Paulo, may as well go to New York.

Rio is very touristy. I've been mugged there multiple times, but it probably won't happen to you in a couple days.

3. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

I heard stories about Rio, very high crime rate. I think about 90% of the people I spoke who went there got mugged.
    But it is a risk I am willing to take. I have taken quite some higher risks than that.

But thanks for the Cachoeira suggestion, I will definately keep it in mind.
    Oh and I prefer hidden gems, untouristy places, untouched places, the 'real' life.

4. praxiskepsis

praxiskepsis ha!

I like the same things. But tending more toward the urban.

In Rio itself, stay away from the beach and go straight downtown. That's what I say. Unless you want to get laid, which shouldn't be hard.

5. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

I never had any problems with that anywhere on the road really. So I don't worry about that this time. Although Brazilians girls can be exquisitely yummie.

Any good suggestions for nice, quite, undiscovered by mass tourism beaches?

6. praxiskepsis

praxiskepsis ha!

You're going to hate this, but either in the North, or in the South. The Southeast --- Rio, Espirito Santo, Sao Paulo is very touristy...which doesn't mean it's not beautiful or rewarding.

You run into a paradox if you look for the "untouristy"...because soon enough untouristy places become very touristy precisely because they are untouristy, and the touristy places regain their authenticity.

So it's hard to tell...Belem, and Sao Luis (lots of Rastas) are also supposed to be interesting. Though I've never been.

Been to a Southern beach called Matinhos in the South (very first world, but empty) when I went to play the brazilian chess nationals as a teen. My dick was hard 99% of the time.

7. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Haha sounds like a place I want to visit. And I play chess as well, so I should be able to play a few games there. But you are right, beautiful untouristy places become touristy quite fast. Although I found me some hidden gems as well on my travels. I am such a hippie.

8. mamaKCita

if you call a place paradise it won't be for long.

9. praxiskepsis

praxiskepsis ha!

I'm sure you'll be fine if you just ask around. You're a creative guy enough.

10. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Yeah, I always do that, but it is always good to have at least some information or some direction. Information is the key to everything, but it is really the wind that blows me wherever I go.

11. Unknown American

Unknown American Rogue Capitalist

Well if I was you I think I would check out Tayrona National Park / Santa Marta, Colombia.

It is on the Caribbean sea with white sand beaches and large boulders all over the beach.

Beautiful turquoise water in a surreal setting on the edge of a jungle.

Cheap bungalows and friendly people. Hardly any tourist.

This place is one of the reasons I will be buying citizenship in Colombia in a few years.

Colombia has so much to offer I cannot possibly post it here but I can refer you to a few web sites that will guide you.

I have a large amount of real estate in a Central American country. It is in the middle of the jungle. Depending on where you are I could offer you a place to stay for a while.

If you are interested in that you can PM me as I do not want to post the details here.

I will post more later. As Ecuador, Peru and Argentina and the rest of Central and South America have so much to offer.

12. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

You choose to percieve everything I say negatively, and I do not know why. As I've said before, my statements may be bold and at times not very politically correct, but I honestly mean no harm by them. I like ya KC, and the way that you manage to disect everything I say is starting to annoy me. I responded to the fat people thread, with a statement that was obviously a joke, and you started calling Israelis terrorists out of nowhere. I do not seem to be the bitter one here, but it does seem like a little gang of folk here has found a target in me because I say contraversial things. I am not a very regular person, by any means, and I do have radical ideas and perceptions of this world. You are the one who is being closed minded and not even giving them a chance, twisting my words to sound maligent.

I do not even know why I'm justifying myself here, but I guess that it's because I like you, and always have liked you. You must realize that I feel very alienated from all of humanity, for I am indeed different... and I express that feeling of alienation through humour which may be a tad too dark at times. I will admit that I feel intellectually superior to most people, but do you think that I actually want to feel superior? The more I grow, the more this world opens up to me, and it ain't a pretty place. I laugh at all of it, and yet some of you seem to take my jokes way too seriously. I must admit that I dislike stupidity, and I will speak my mind if I disagree with something. I do not believe in holding my thoughts back just because they may offend someone, and as I said before, I gladly face the consequences of not being liked by certain people. Most people do seem to like me though, I guess that you cannot see me smile through the screen... but I am smiling most of the time.

13. mamaKCita

i certainly hope so. i responded with the iraelis as terrorists nonsense because of your deliberate crudity and cruelty about my nation and fat people. you're unrelenting and aggravating. a little here and there is one thing, but FUCK MAN, I'D feel fucking superior in arkansas. i just happen to believe you're not at all as superior as you like. i think you create a little bastion of pavel perfection that actually has no basis in reality. you're just making yourself miserable and throwing darts constantly. i used to enjoy your caustic humor as much as the next person. but you're just getting darker and uglier every day. a truly evolved sort could find something good somewhere, but you wallow in misery, and i can't stand anyone who wallows in misery.

14. mamaKCita

you know what, pavel. you're probably 100% fucking right. i know how i get, and i can't always deal with shit in a logical manner. i love you kid, and i think you're badass. it's jsut lately your jokes have been smacking me hard across the face and that's something i should deal with all on my own. you've got your thing going on and i know you're fucking cool. just sometimes i get rubbed all raw up sideways and lash out. i'm sorry. you've been bugging th living crap outta me and that's probably all me. i happen to REALLY love where i'm living and how i'm living and whatever. but you're there, i'm not. so carry on my hippie friend. show us how it's done.

15. lode

lode Banned

Pavel, you have been pretty overbearingly mocking lately.

KC, Cate, Piaf, don't take what he says too personally. He's a really good guy.

16. mamaKCita

i know, i know. i'm just being hypersensitive.

17. Carlfloydfan

Carlfloydfan Travel lover

That sounds AMAZING!

Were you one of the "400"? How do you know about it?

18. pink floyd

pink floyd carousing&ransacking

haha no but i worked right outside of it. i actually technically DID enter the park, haha, but didnt get to explore it. i didnt have enough money left unfortunately :(
    i had only brought 300$ with me for 2 months. but yeah, i heard all about it, we did alot of work with noel kempff's vertebrate museum (we collected specimens)

19. mamaKCita

all you bastards who got to travel...fuck you.

20. myself

myself just me

Sounds cool. Will you post photos here after you return?