I whish I was someone else to see what it's like to be around me

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Penny, May 20, 2004.

1. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

Don't you? Sometimes?

I really wonder what it's like to be around me... people obviously see me very differently from how I see myself. I often complain about how bad I think I look or how bad something on me looks and people seem to think I'm crazy, usually they tell me that I "imagine" things looking bad on me or that I look beautiful... I don't know how that is possible, when I look at myself in the mirror I just think everything is wrong with me!

But the way I look is not what matters the most actually. What I'd like to do is to take possession of someone else's spirit and sit for a while to have a talk with myself - I'd like to judje my personality through the eyes of a stranger, it would be really interesting.

2. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

I think I would find myself annoying.

3. makno

makno Senior Member

i must seem fucking crazy !99%of humans flee and !%are completely thrilled...thankfully theres 6 billion humans..whats that 60 million fans or 6

4. honeyhannah

honeyhannah herbuhslovuh

Meditation and dreams honey, they are the key to looking at yourself through another light.

As for the looks thing, force yourself to look at the mirror and make compliments about yourself, you should be able to think of some, then fake it, make up compliments about yourself that you don't believe are true, eventually you will start to see yourself in a different way and you will truly believe('cause it's true!) that you are in fact beautiful!

5. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

Personally, I say, "Get over it!"

6. makno

makno Senior Member

yea get over it ...i wish i could get to see what someplace would be like without my presance....but wherever i go ...there i am!

7. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

Thanks for the advice! It sounds good... I'll try!

8. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

Okay but what do you mean by that?

9. alex714

alex714 To the Left

i wonder this too

i think, no wait i know, that i have a totally fucked up image of myself in my head. i look in the mirror and see me, and i see some nice things and i see lots of bad things. but there are times when i really like what i see. but then ill see myself through another means (like a photograph), and i look NOTHING like what i thought i did...scares me, really does because i dont know how i look like. and the self loathing i put myself through has a lot to do with my self conceptions so really, what are the based upon???
    i dont even know how i look like, thats scary...

10. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

Oh I know exactly what you mean when you say that you don't think you look like what you thought you looked like when you see yourself on pictures!!!! Same with me... but also, in the mirror, you see what's on the right to the left and vice-verça, and even though most people think it doesn't make much difference, I think it does!

Oh well, the way we look is not that important anyways... is it?

11. alex714

alex714 To the Left

the way i look, no i guess its not that important. i think it is at times, but thats just me wanting to fix my inner problems and pegging them onto my appearance.

12. honeyhannah

honeyhannah herbuhslovuh

Yes I totally understand what you guys are saying, I went through the exact same thing, then someone said something to me I think it was my aunt about making sure you know what you look like, and I started to spend time with myself in front of the mirror making sure that I really knew what I looked like, then when I got older around 14 and 15 I started having bad image problems and got in front of the mirror again and starting looking doing what I mentioned before, and now I really don't do that anymore, nor do I need to, my image really doesn't bother me at all anymore. It really doesn't matter!

13. xdancingbarefootx

xdancingbarefootx Member

oh my god! im the same way. people think im fishing for compliments when i say crap like im ugly... but thats how i see myself.. and i think everyone else is nuts for thinkin im pretty... cuz i dont see it.. maybe its just cuz im so use to my face... cuz ive had it for 19 years lol... well yeah maybe thats the problem... but that would be cool.. i would love to be able to judge myself from someone elses point of view.. and then jump back into my body and make some changes on the way i see myself... maybe id have confidence.. or maybe id lose it alltogether... hmm.... it could be a good or bad thing.. but im willin to risk that.. id love to do that!

14. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

Is it you on the pics? Cause if it is, you're not ugly! - and I know you weren't fishing for compliments :p

The thing is, what would interest me the most wouldn't really be to see how I look from someone else's view, but how I am, inside. I mean, I wonder what people think about me when they're listening to me talk, or when they see me act, and all that, you know what I mean? I don't really care about their opinion, meaning if they hate me or think anything bad about it doesn't affect me, but I'm just curious to know what it's like to think of me as being someone else! It's weird, but many times ever since I was like 8 years old I've wondered what it would be like to, for example, think about me or something I said, or look at pictures of me and get memories of things happening with me but without being me! See what I mean? Or I wonder what it's like to have a friend like me, or an enemy like me (I hope that not too many people want to kill me though - but I doubt any do!).

Well, it seems like those very weird thoughts pop-up in my mind these days... I hope no one around me thinks I'm going crazy!

15. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

people think i am high strung, but its actually cuz i have ADHD and don't take ritalin, I don't wanna poison my head with speed grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr................and i think being a mom of two little kids I need all the energy I can get right?????????

16. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

I've wondered what it would be like to be someone else. But I had never wished I was someone else to see what it's like being around me. I don't how I'd view myself from another person's eyes.

17. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

just go on one of those reality tv shows

18. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

Hip Forums Fear Factor!!!!!!

19. Tree-Hugger

Tree-Hugger The Chainsaw

Alex I know what you mean! I really don't know what I look like, because of the distorted image I have. I guess for me it was because of people putting me down all the time, including my mother when she was annoyed with me about something. But I guess it is a good thing that I am so humble about my looks, otherwise I would be a horrible bitch to be around. I feel really uncomfortable when people compliment me. In fact some people have asked me why I can't say thanks. I can't because is someone tells me that I am beautiful, or the famous "YOU ARE NOT FAT!" I think they are lying to me. Plain and simple.

20. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

For me it would be difficult to see myself from another's perspective. I remember talking to afriend of mine about how it would be maybe 10 years ago, and we both agreed we would have to kill ourselves afterwards because of the shock :D

Seeing yourself on film is a way to get a feel for how you talk and move, it can be a little unsettling. In the end. I'm not sure if you would be better off or not having seen yourself from on outside perspective, it might highlight things to attempt to change, but also might be something that your ego couldn't recover from.