I was just wondering how...

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by cauan, Jun 5, 2004.

1. cauan

cauan Member

No, it shouldn't be on random thoughts.
    It is just that I've been thinking that a great Rainbow Gathering could happen in the next World Social Forum, which is a forum related to many of the subjects listed here, or to as many others related to what a better world should be.
    It will happen in Brazil in January from 26 to 31.
    There's a website in English talking about it:
    www.worldsocialforum.org
    I believe it could be interesting,
    and you guys can still save some money to come here
    what about you guys?What do you ppl think?

2. raven23

raven23 Member

Much debate is going on right now about what a Rainbow Gathering is. There is a wide spectrum of ways to look at it. On one hand some people believe that anyone with a bellybutton is a Rainbow, and others are firm believers in the native prophecies that talk of "Warriors of the Rainbow", and are adamant that if you bring violence or alcohol or just a basic lack of respect into a gathering, you are 'not-rainbow'. Many believe that 'gatherings' are only held in the National Forest, or at least outside of Babylon (if at all possible). hence, a true 'gathering' could never happen in a city. But rainbows can gather anywhere. Raionbows and 'not-rainbows' and Babylonians can gather together anywhere. A convergance of souls need not be labled, just manifested.

3. jamestowne

jamestowne Member

Here, here!! If you label it, you've missed it.

4. cauan

cauan Member

I did understand what you mean and it is very important for me to say that I never meant to label it. I did mean to make it happen in a place where most of the people go to discuss what a new and different world should be.
    I meant that we could show ourselves a little, meet more believers out of the US spetrum and try to start some kinda dialogue ourselves about what would a new, better and different world be for the most of us, so that we can go after it somehow.
    Labels... are never needed, but some kinda union...well, I miss it!
    That's why I brought it out and that's why I thought about my country as an option for a huge gathering, since it is a place out of the Us, known for its diversity and still confusing tolerance.

Thanx anyway

5. raven23

raven23 Member

I didnt notice you were in Brazil. there was a HUGE International Rainbow Gathering there in 2003. I believe the magic hat was passed around and the land was purchased for family use.

I know what you mean. I hope you can find a lot of people to go to the forum with. Myself I love being out in Babylon. Most folks dont know about Rainbow, and it's good to show them that a true alternative is out there.