I was asked for an ID

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by madcrappie, Jun 8, 2006.

1. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

Many things change over 6 years... *L*

2. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

When I worked at the convenience store, I was required to ID everyone, even if I knew them and knew they were 18 (we only sold tobacco, no alcohol). Of course, I didn't. I only carded people who looked way too young. But shit, if you get caught selling smokes to minors here, not only do you lose your job, you get a $2,000 fine. Ha, no way am I risking a fine that ridiculous just to save face and make sure to stroke someone's ego. Fuck that, you show me your ID or no nicotine.

3. Purple_Pan_Man

Purple_Pan_Man Member

211 steel reserve

4. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

I'm almost always asked for an ID when buying alcoholic beverages.

5. Barbuchon

Barbuchon Member

just been asked for an ID one time.

6. malakala

malakala Member

Or, you could just work more and have food AND worthwhile beer...I'd rather put in a little extra elbow-grease and reap the benefits instead of just settling...

7. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

I love getting ID'd. It makes me feel good...

8. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

i don't get id'd anymore. i usually have two small, cranky children in tow. i guess they figure that if i have children, i probalby NEED a drink. but if i don't have them with me, i totally get carded.

9. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

Yes, I've noticed that too. When I have my kids all with me, I'm not carded as often. But without them? Definitely. Although, there have been times where I've been out to eat with my husband, all three kids and still been carded when ordering a drink. I mean come on. I think that's just crazy!

10. mynameiskc

i've had people ask if dave was my dad.

11. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

you're just so innocent looking that pple cant imagine that you'd want to drink? i dunno, but i get a lot of that kind of thing too. pple cant believe that i ever smoked.

12. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

I always get IDed these days.. it's funny because when I was like 15 I was able to buy alcohol from anywhere and no one ever asked for my ID.

13. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

It seems people only get carded when they're with me, lol. There's a headshop in Amarillo I've been to with friends a few times and you have to be 18 to be in the bongs/pipes section and the sex toy section and everytime we're in the bong section, we get carded. But when they don't have me in tow, they don't get carded. I think it's because I'm so little and as Zoomie said in my appreciation thread, I look 14. They just can't single me out. I can't wait until I turn 21 and go to buy alcohol, though! I'm going to get carded until I die, I swear. But I will die looking under 21 and that makes me happy. Hehe.

14. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

when i'm with my parents, i never get carded...i usually only get carded the first time i'm somewhere new, other than that, i hvaen't been carded much.

15. mynameiskc

i think it's because you look happier now, not so worn down. i was the same when i was a teenager. then i got older, started a new life that wasn't so evil, and i looked younger.

16. balance_n_venus

balance_n_venus Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I know you're not Complaining......Enjoy :p