I was a Trump defender until...........

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by wrat1, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

Well the debate was on our UK news starting at 2.00am and I pretty much watched all of it.
    I got to bed shortly after 4.00am
    Sad person I am!:weary:

For me looking in over at America I found myself rooting for Trump when he first got elected, mainly because of his claim to Put The USA first.
    Of course since then I could say lots of reasons which would keep me tapping away here on my iMac all evening to say why I now think the guy is a dangerous joke.
    But when Biden ‘accidentaly’ :smilingimp: called Trump a CLOWN!
    That sums everything up in one for me how I now think right there!

highlander69 and ZenKarma like this.
  2. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

I don't think Biden has Alzheimers, unless it's been very early onset. He's always comes across as something of a doofus in debates, but he's basically a decent guy, which gives him an edge over his opponent. He's a former stutterer, which may explain some of the awkwardness. But he beat out twenty-eight primary opponents, and clearly was the superior "debater" last night. We have a choice between him and the Chaos Monster who is talking about overturning the election results if he loses, going for a third term, refusing to denounce white supremacy, and telling his Proud Boys to "stand by". A non-vote is a vote for the latter. As for a Third Party, I couldn't tell you who their candidate is without googling it.

3. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Oh, that cinched it for you. After Biden had been all but drowned out by constant interruptions? Biden was being honest. Good thing you're not voting over here.

etherea and stormountainman like this.
  4. Oh the days of Kucinich, miss him, good guy...too honest.

stormountainman likes this.
  5. Thanks for pointing this out about Biden and "stuttering"...he's no dummy, and a decent man.

6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Too much talk here about the personalities of both candidates rather than the issues

On the issues, did Biden actually answer any questions?

On covid his plan seemed to be get the required PPE, isnt that a 6 month old argument?

To end supposed systemic racism, invite all the police chiefs to the whitehouse, have a BBQ maybe, talk about what we should do, huh? OK, but why not do that 47 years ago, or in 1994, or when he was VP?

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    FritzDaKatx2 likes this.
  7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Meh, he certainly isnt the smartest tool in the Dems tool shed, wont argue he isnt a decent man

But post covid, economy down, you need a pit bull, not Obamas ex butler

8. wrat1

wrat1 Members

Unfortunately personalities elect candidates

9. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

It's funny you say that because I honestly think that Donald Trump governs mostly by personality. I believe that part of the vote went to him because of a faith in business acumen that he has failed to demonstrate in office. What he has shown is the stereotypical businessman personality flaws that a kindergartner could recognize. He puts it on thick, like Halloween makeup - and won't stop wearing it, like a 5-year-old in her princess wings. It's old and pathetic, and you can see the dirt smudges/needs to be washed.

My point is that, at least in my own mind/opinion/or imagination, Trump has made a habit of using this absolutely fictitious personality - this stereotype of big business America or corporate "pigheadedness" to make-believe at being qualified.

I think it's a falsehood, honestly and he's walking on the backs of hard working Americans who believed that he couldn't have gotten where he is financially without being educated and intellectual. Little did we know...

Tishomingo, wrat1 and Flagme15 like this.
  10. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

It's hard to answer questions when your constantly being interrupted.
    that's what trump did.
    Good question. The republicans had the White House from 1980-1992 and did nothing about systemic racism. The republicans had another chance from 2000-2008, and did not address the issue. That's twenty years. Yes, the dems had the White House from 1992-2000, and 2008-16. That's sixteen years. So the republicans had four more years to do something, and nothing, nada.

11. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Well, if people vote based on personalities rather than policies

Then maybe those voters deserve to get fucked over

12. wrat1

wrat1 Members

Well we are gonna find out pretty soon.....

13. Boozercruiser

Please read my post properly, but maybe I wasn’t clear enough and there is a misunderstanding:

'For me looking in over at America I found myself rooting for Trump when he first got elected, mainly because of his claim to Put The USA first.
    Of course since then I could say lots of reasons which would keep me tapping away here on my iMac all evening to say why I now think the guy is a dangerous joke’.

'But when Biden ‘accidentaly’ :smilingimp: called Trump a CLOWN!
    That sums everything up in one for me how I now think right there!’

I actually agree your every word totally with you, and I was merely trying though perhaps failing to explain why I had changed my mind about Trump.
    When Biden called Trump a Clown (but then sort of apologised for that) I totally agreed with him that Trump is indeed a Clown.
    When Biden said Trump was the worst President the USA had ever had, I agreed with that also.

scratcho and wrat1 like this.
  14. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Issues? You want them to talk about issues? With that screaming orange embarrassment interrupting every sentence? Did Trump answer any questions truthfully? Trump won't commit to denouncing racism or the Proud Boys. Has no economic plan for the future? He won't discuss his tax returns. And you ask if Biden answered any questions? More spin from the spinmeister!

scratcho and ZenKarma like this.
  15. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

You're right, I did misunderstand. Sorry about that.

16. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Just keeping that corporate tax rate down at 21% and having a guy like that in the Whitehouse (that will keep corporate taxes down ) is enough of an economic plan. Your economy bounced back quicker than expected for a reason

The proud boy thing; not enough people are going to give a shit about that. Trump himself wouldn't know or care who they are (he is supposed to be an narcissistic moron remember)

And anyone with half a brain knows rich people shift around assets to reduce personal tax liability

17. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Lol……You know that’s a lame argument.

The fact of the matter remains Trump was unwilling to denounce white supremacy before a national audience.

That goes to the very essence of who he is, and what he represents.

18. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

That already happened in 2016 !!!

ZenKarma likes this.
  19. Boozercruiser

Thank you Tishomingo.
    I now think that Trump is just an ignorant bombastic know all know *uck all very dangerous twittering clown fool.
    There my friend.
    I hope that is now very clear in respect of my thoughts about Trump!

But then there will likely be other posters who say what you said about being glad I can’t vote in your elections because they possibly think that Biden is not really up to the job either.
    Me on that?
    No comment! :laughing:!

scratcho and wrat1 like this.
  20. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Which equally applies to the blond khazi mop-head in Downing Street !!!