I want to...

Discussion in 'Flashbacks' started by Spuff, May 13, 2004.

1. Spuff

Spuff Where's my ciggies?

It sucks. Because I'm 20, I only really remember the 90's onwards. I'd do anything to have been and lived in the 60's and 70's. What was it like? The 90's was shit!

2. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

i like the 90's it was cool

3. DejaVoo

DejaVoo stardust

Oh i know i agree with you spuff! I would tottaly live back in the 60's or 70's, i think about it alot too, it would be so awesome, so different, alot more simple i bet too. i so wish i could of been there.
    Today is so weird, I'm 16 and so all i remeber is the 90s and what, the 00's? What were so good about the 90's anyways? I don't know how the 60's REALLY were, i mean i bet they were different for everyone, but from what i've read and heard it seems pretty damn cool. better than today anyways, in my opinon. it seemed more carefree, well...at least more carefree than today. today is so stressful and just alot of weird stuff going on. I know there were alot of bad things happening in the 60's so i mean there is no 'perfect' decade, but i think the 60's-70's intrest me the most. and it sucks because i don't think i could ever
    get back into those days, but sometimes i think i could..somehow, if i had a time machine or if it just magically happened, like in the movies.
    but i wish all of us younger people could get together and make life for us and everyone more like the 60's. and i wish the world wasn't about money and greed and hate. I mean, i waste alot of stuff( and i feel so bad and i'm tyring to stop!) but I feel sad when I know or see people who are so rich and they look like they just don't care about anything accept for money and themselves. Yeah, so i think it's hard to live now, school is harder, alot of people don't give a damn anymore, the music ain't as good, etc. so i hope someday soon we could all get together and help change the world for the better!

4. Skelter

Skelter Helter

the 90's were cool, but the 60's is THE decade. I wish it could be 1968 again.

5. lover/young_peace

lover/young_peace Senior Member

...you said it exactly...

6. paix

paix Senior Member

so why not work to make now even better? I mean, we've got some really amazing music, plenty of things that need to be changed, so lets get out there and just make a differance, spread freedom and love and good vibes!

come on kids, only you can make changes ;)

7. lover/young_peace

lover/young_peace Senior Member

ya i agree, but... nobody wants to help us. in fact, most people want to hurt us. its hard to find those who'll be willing to listen and really consider what you've got to say.

i know, i know... NO EXCUSES.;)

8. Crush

Crush Member

deja vue!!!!!
    this thread already exists else where on the forum, right? Not by spuff but by lucyinthesky

9. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

yes...yes it does :rolleyes:

10. woodenfrog

woodenfrog Member

All the good things that came out of the 60s hippy mouvement can happen now.It is happening now to some extent.Its people like us,(that have our ideals)People that beilieve in love,equallity,and peace.thats going to change the world.come together brothers and sisters.smile at evryone,love evryone and evrything.listen to evryone with an open heart.stand strong and nobil.the light is coming. i love your life
    frog

11. Crush

Crush Member

Yaaay, we already know the hippy movements, the '60s or whatever you want to call it could come back.
    Now the question is:"are we actually going to do something?" A lot of people here say: "we need to do this and we need to do that and we need to do alot!!!." But when is there going to be a post like:"come all to place x and we're going to do the discussed stuff"?

12. MarkN

MarkN Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

:) The sixtys were good, but it wasn't a paridise. There were good and bad things about the "movement", just like today. I see an amazing amount of similarities between the 60's & now. You have all these social, political,& human rights issues, a WAR. Don't forget the eco system, got to protect this planet. You have just as much if not more to fight about as we did in the 60's. It wasn't all fun & games. The establishment was alot less tolerant of us. Example: ever heard that song "signs" I think by the electric flag? Its about a guy that is applying for a job so he has to tuck his hair under his hat. Probably a TRUE story. People being beat up by the police at protest (chicago 68). Kent State Ohio, protesters shot by the national gaurd. To understand the 60's you have to look at the 50's and the world we were born in. Everything was predictable, safe. We had just gotten out of a war, (WWII 1945). I think our parents smothered us in "normality". The 60's was an awakening of Americas youth. The best anology I can give is "its like watching a black & white TV show......and it suddenly changes to COLOR. What happened to us? The quick answer you'll get from most people is, "we grew up". But thats not nessisary true. I see alot of things in socity today that was a result of the 60's. We had a vision of an "Utopian society" free of unjust laws and WAR.
    The world is a very old place. And it doesn't change over night. So, the 60's was just a milisecond, not even a full step FORWARD. We didn't change the world, .....but we bent it some and put a couple of dents in it.
    This is YOUR time. Get fucking mad about this WAR. About the big corparations that are controling the Gov. & the media. You got plenty of reason. You have a cause. Want to walk to Washington D.C. to stop the draft? I will walk with you little brothers & sisters. Maybe you can help make the 60's vision come true.:cool:
    1968 the early yrs.....
    [​IMG]

13. mimosa

mimosa Banned

I second the above post. Lots of truth there.

14. GoodKarma

GoodKarma Member

I also agree. I don't know why we don't stand up more today. We have a war raging in Irag that is getting comparable to Viet Nam, yet we don't quite have the voices yet to repress it. I live in a college town and I'm amazed at the apathy from some of the younger generation. I'm not singling out all the younger generation in that group, because I have met some that are very involved in change. I also have to admit that I was very vocal in the 70's about change, but didn't walk the walk because I was too consumed with partying. However, I would love to see more people out there today demanding answers and soliciting change.

15. WhatIs

WhatIs Member

was that most of us actually believed we were going to change society significantly. It's hard to convey what it felt like to really believe that. We KNEW that instead of joining the "rat race" of the establishment, we would create a better society. One based on love and spiritual values, not money and material possessions. There was also no doubt that by the time our generation were in congress, you'd be able to go to the local convience store and buy a pack of good smoke!

I'd say it peaked with Watergate, when we actually thought we'd brought down the corrupt government! Obviously, there was some change, but politics in America has moved way to the right, and the culture is more material based than ever.

16. Dilapidated

Dilapidated Member

It's so hard to start something nowadays... everyone's so damn apathetic, but I suppose they were like that in the 60s as well... it just makes me so mad.

17. bluefairy

bluefairy Member

i agree that the 60s are happening all over again. we just have different drugs and its a different war. we're speaking out and uniting, once again and will hopefully change a few more things in this country before we're through.

18. bluefairy

bluefairy Member

it must be a sad feeling. there were some changes, some good things did come from the 60s. it was also voiced, across the globe that not everyone in america is the same. not every american is hungry for war, and for that, i think you all did an amazing thing. i think you all accomplished a lot by speaking up for what you believed in. it was the greatest and most couragious thing anyone has done in a long time.

19. deezee

deezee Member

actually it was quite the opposite in the 60's.... we weren't apathetic at all. we ended the war cause we MARCHED AND PROTESTED. instead of the majority of people being uninvolved, it was most of the young people being INVOLVED, at least where i lived. it's hard as someone who lived through that and was such an activist to see the amount of spoiled rich kids out there who seem to care nothing about the world around them unless it effects their lives directly in a monetary way. on the other hand my generation has to claim some responsibility cause we raised this clan of spoiled brats. i am glad to see that there are younger people on here who aren't like that. it restores some of my faith.

if us older folks have learned anything in life it's that what goes around comes around. i can't wait til the world changes again and it becomes COOL to care.....to FIGHT for what you believe in. but a society that worships someone as inane as paris hilton can't be taking the problems of the world that seriously.....

deezee

20. MarkN

MarkN Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

How incrediably true.