I want to know

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by Bellfire01, Jun 20, 2004.

1. Bellfire01

Bellfire01 I'll say anything

Do married couples reunite in heaven after death? What I'm asking is does a person get to choose the mate she or he loved the most or do they have to go back to the orginal one? (For instant, Paul Newman has been married over 50 years to his present wife but he was married before to another woman that he divorced. Does God put him back with his first wife or does he pick the one he wants?) What do you think?

2. Sebbi

Sebbi Senior Member

Don't you think you should be posting this on the Christianity sub-forum,

And by the way, if you want to know about the afterlife, ask someone who's dead.

Blessings

Sebbi

3. POPthree13

POPthree13 Member

I am not sure if they have marriage in the afterlife. Nobody knows what awaits us on the flip side of death, but if consciousness remains intact I assume its more like you are connected to everything that has ever lived. In other words you are married to all of existence. No need to pick and choose you have trillions of wives... oh great! ;) As if one isn't enough to deal with. LOL

4. Bellfire01

Bellfire01 I'll say anything

Don't you think that you could have gone to another post instead of writing your opinion in mine. ;)

5. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

In an afterlife, since space is merely defined by the power of thought, one would reunite with whomever one had the most karma with, instantaneously. As there are no physical barriers one would maintain only whatever barriers they believe in.

6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i believe that what you are asking
    like most of what most belief is about
    is a matter almost entirely of speculation
    and what you are asking for is each of our individual
    speculations about it

perhapse in each between life sabatical we remain close to the spirits of everyone we have ever loved in each and every tangable life we have ever lived.

but again this is most likely no more then my own speculation
    and might very well bear no consistent relationship to any reality what so ever

i would however question any and all answers to this question as being again, anything other then speculation from beggining to end

=^^=
    .../\...

7. Kharakov

Kharakov ShadowSpawn