I want to feel accepted

Discussion in 'Communal Living' started by mirandia, Jun 1, 2006.

1. mirandia

mirandia Member

Hi my name is Mirandia and i'm 16 and I don't have much longer to live with my parents and I'm beginning my search now for a place to live after high school. I don't have ANY friends at all and I just moved to a new city. I haven't found much of a hippie community here in Tallahasse, FL so i thought I'd reach out to webv serfers. Any information anyone could send me about communes or other alternative living situations would help me out tremendously. I'm not exactly a conventional hippe. I'm black for one and generaly the first thing people see. I just want to make friends of all ages, races, and locations. If anyone has any information please send it to me. My phone number is 850-228-2880. My address is 302 east goergia st. apt. 3C/Tallahassee,FL/32301
    my email address is mirandia524@yahoo.com
    Please someone get in contact with me I need friends.

2. blinkin

blinkin Senior Member

hey chillin, maybe not the greatest idea posting your digits and address on here, save that info for PMs

I truly hope you find some family near by...you should look into the national rainbow gathering this july,
    I ve heard theres a year round rainbow held forest ...ocala I think its called, many hip folk there I think,...thats in florida,

I dont think anyone should be a conventional hippe, just a soul walking around with a belly button is fine with me.

and by the way wasnt jimmi hendrix black?
    sister your skin means so little ...its all the heart.
    I hope you find your family
    peace

3. free2fly

free2fly Members

yah just share your email address ... its about the safest thing... :)

Have you ever been on www.myspace.com ? If not, you should check it out!... you can make a profile and search for people who have similar interests as you... alot of hipforums people have profiles there, I have one... http://www.myspace.com/beachfreak80

Just curious, why dont you have much longer to live with your parents?

I hope you find what your looking for ... I know what its like to move and not know anybody ... Ive been living in the town Im at now since January and I dont have any friends here, I dont have many friends to begin with because Im kinda a loner, so ... now Im doing sort of the same thing... reaching out to find some like-minded folks via internet, seems to be the easiest place to get to know people to some extent ...
    and right here at hipforums of course, you'll find so many people you have something in common with... Just browse all the message boards and soon you'll find your way around easily and get familiar with people....

well, welcome! :)

4. Catfish

Catfish Member

Yea there is a gathering in ocala florida every year.despite what alot of people on this board will tell you it is a great place to pick up the trail you will meet a lot of Kind people and you will meet alot of assholes.It's up to you who you hang with(you get out of life what you put into it) We try to make it every other year.and I hope to be there this coming year. so your more than welcome to come and kick it with the swamp kitchen

5. Anker

Anker Member

Check out Railroad Square. It has some cool galleries and a good diner in a caboose. Also some funky shops. Good vibe there. It's off Railroad Ave between the train station and FAMU.

6. Salem Blair

Salem Blair Member

hey sister.. i sure hope u find what ur lookin for.. and yeah myspace is a great way to meet some pretty far-out ppl.. i met a lot of great kats on there.

7. SLammon420

SLammon420 Senior Member

I'd go back and edit that personal info out. There are creeps with bad intentions all over the net.