I want out of my head.

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Manifest831, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Manifest831

Manifest831 Member

Yes, being in my head, talking to god and that sort of stuff is enlightening but sometimes I just want to kick it, yano? I just have a problem doing that for some reason. Many people say just stop smoking weed for a while but i say fuck that :) any other ways?

2. PurpByThePound

PurpByThePound purpetrator

Well...maybe you should stop smoking weed, lol...

I don't get people's obsession with marijuana to the point where they would rather risk their freedom or mind than quitting. At least for a little bit.

"Talking to God" is a pretty serious mental condition and may point to other disorders or syndromes if you are actually conversing with a voice in your head that you can define separate than yourself.

3. Chunky Charcoal

Chunky Charcoal Member

a week or two of sobriety can do wonders.

maybe get some new hobbies or something.

4. Mother's Love

Mother's Love Generalist

i agree. maybe take a week or two off from smoking, and learn to meditate in a controlled way. then you can have better control when you are high.

if you really don't want to quit, you should pick up a hobby that you can focus on, and push random thoughts out of your head. like if you like to carve wood you can concentrate on the grain of the wood, the carving itself, the color and the resistance of the medium. its a good way to quell loose thoughts.

5. Manifest831

Manifest831 Member

LOL "talking to god" makes ordinary life have a little more depth. I'll keep that and probably develope it.

6. enk

enk Member

An Internal Dialogue with 'God' cannot live without the Imagination, and weed is one of Its most fantastic catalysts.
    I experience what you have described (while stoned, tripping out on acid or completely sober)
    Sometimes its extremely humorous and It makes me laugh, other times my thoughts are heavy and peturbing.
    I too am familiar with your desire to 'kick it', but I don't feel that Ignoring yourself is the objective, i'd much rather understand myself.
    You can dispel negative thoughts just as easily as your manifested them. You can always think of new thoughts too. It always YOU at the helm of your mind, you make the rules, you call the shots.

Personally, I think if you need to use cannabis than go for it. Worse than being stoned or being sober is the horrible limbo of indeciveness

7. weallhumalong

weallhumalong Member

i pretty much have to agree with not smoking pot being your answer. i have smoked everyday for years now and yeah ive taken my breaks, but honestly for my own well being i wish i only smoked like once or twice a week, and spend the rest of the time living my life sober. When you live without weed, it DOES force you out of your head, because weed pretty much puts you there. Once you're used to not smoking as much, once you do smoke and get high, you will really enjoy being in your head and appreciate the fact the you are able to be. but as real as the internal world is, the external one is just as real and i think people (at least me) lose that by staying high all the time.

8. Manifest831

Manifest831 Member

yea i'm starting to be able to have that "game" in my head, talking to myself(?), and at that same time be able to relax and enjoy. And it is true that it is only what I think that determines how i feel.

9. Chunky Charcoal

Chunky Charcoal Member

that does seem to make sense

10. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

maybe you should escape your head by digging a tunnel with a spoon.. i suggest starting at your ear.. since the hole is already started there

11. paul21

paul21 Member

Wowwwwwwwwwww...... talkin to god. Does he talk back to you. Can i get some of that shit ur smoking. Na seriously bro if your talkin to god in your head its time to knock that shit on the head.