I wanna movie where the good guys don't win

Discussion in 'Movies' started by txbarefooter, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Kione

Kione Member

I don't mind it if the "good guys" win but that's only if it seems believable because sometimes the "bad guys" have some really amazing plans. Oh! And on the topic of believable it drives me nuts when movies, set in the "here and now" break simple rules of reality. Like when people jump off a seven story building and then proceed to jump back up and take off running to get the bad guy? What's that about? If anyone jumps off a seven story building they are not going to be getting up to run some guy down anytime soon. Anyways.. Here are the ones I could think of;

Interview with a Vampire
    Life of Brian
    Resident Evil one and two
    Osama (which is actually about a girl in Afghanistan who pretends to be a boy to make money for her mother and grandmother because they have no other way)
    Brotherhood of the Wolf
    X-Men II (okay kinda, Jean "dies" and the bad guys get away.)
    LarcNY (Yes, spelt like that with the capital N and Y)

And then I have a debatable one Old Yeller. If you count the "good guy" as the dog well then it could fit in this category because the dog dies in the end, while if you think of the family as the "good guys" then I guess it all worked out for them because they get a new dog and apperently got over their old one very quickly.

2. Pikachu

Pikachu Member

Okay, here's a movie that definetly is NOT all sunshine & flowers, and takes a very dark, and unpredictable turn.

3. Ole_Goat

Ole_Goat Member

Sorry if I'm repeating a previous post.
    "1984" with Richard Burton (one of his last films).

4. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

House Of 1000 Corpses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. txbarefooter

txbarefooter Senior Member

ok how about this .. have a movie wher the "bad" guys aren't crappy shots. Ever notice how when the bad guys are shooting at the "hero's" they miss, but the "hero" just turns and bang .. down goes the bad guy. think star wars, the troupers can't hit shit, but Luke, Leia or Han, but turn around and blast away at the troupers.

6. gratefullydead1

gratefullydead1 Member

Blown Away.....I'll have some more soon as I can get my brain out of nuetral

7. txbarefooter

txbarefooter Senior Member

another example is the 1950's War of the Worlds ... a perfect ending is that the microbes don't do shit and the world is taken over by the Martians, instead of the touchy feely microbes win the day and the Martians die. The book does end happily :-(

8. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

txbarefooter,

If It's any comfort evil never dies because It has to maintain balance with the power of good.

evil just takes another form and continues on it's merry way.

That is of course until it turns up In your neighborhood in the form of a serial killer or child rapist :mad:

h