I used to be a horrible person

Discussion in 'True Confessions' started by lynsey, Jan 31, 2005.

1. lynsey

lynsey Banned

and I think this year karma came back and bit me in the ass. I was so awful to people when I was a teenager and it took some bad experiences to make me have compasion for those who are different from me. But I wonder if that wasn't enough for whoevers out there, i wonder if we all have to pay for our awfulness with something more than realization?

2. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

of course.. it's called karma. in my believes, we get re-born cause of that and i could say some other options but that would take nrg from my cig. and i have to get up earlyu.

3. lynsey

lynsey Banned

but if you've changed is it really fair to have to have to repent after the change has taken place?

4. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

Based on my Life the answer is yes.

The question is what ratio?

before : after
    1 : x
    x = ?

I still don't have a legit Clue as to the price (x)...

5. lynsey

lynsey Banned

that's so funny because I tried to work it out as a mathmatical equation too.

6. whispers

whispers sweet and sour

karma is bullshit.............its all in your head babe

7. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

I think it's just shitty luck.

8. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

I was an awful teenager too.I mean, I still am a teenager, but I'm not the same person I was 2 years a go. I think that the bad attitude I had for so long was punishment enough. From the posts I've read from you, it seems as though you and me are quite similar.

I think starting over somewhere new with a brand new positive attitude can make all the difference in the world.

There might be a possiblity that karma ia coming back to you, but really, what's worse than living this way? Being all sad and mopey, thinking that very bad thing that heppnes is bullshit because you deserve better and been through enough. It sucks to live such a negative life. If you pick yourself up, you're bound to have positive reaction around you, and thus creating GOOD karma!

9. clockworkorangeagain

clockworkorangeagain femme fatale

well you cant pay for what you have done if you havent realised what you have done.....
    ignorance is bliss right? but we know better -fuck that shit..i rather the struggles than the denial!

10. lynsey

lynsey Banned

thanks Joe I was hoping it is but I just got off the phone with my old school trying to get my transcripts sent so I can graduate and they said I owed this ridiculous library fine-which I already took care of but yeah I didn't keep my reciept and than the school I'm at now said they never got my request for graduation which means they never got my psychology portfolio and I have no old files on my comp because it crashed awhile back so I have to redo my undergrad thesis paper):

but it's okay

11. Xac

Xac Visitor

"I think that the bad attitude I had for so long was punishment enough. "
    yeh i agree, mean people usually arent happy people even if they are good at hiding their sadness. simplify it back to when you were a little kid, the bullies were usually never happy kids.

"but if you've changed is it really fair to have to have to repent after the change has taken place?"
    i guess it's good to apologise your actions even if it is only to yourself... you have to realise what a shitty person you are to become a better one so you should be proud of yourself for being ashamed of you former self... if that makes sense (i am tid bit sleepy...)

i dont believe in hell in an after life i believe we suffer for the things we do while we are alive so dont worry be happy and try your best to be a good person!

12. lynsey

lynsey Banned

I was never like really mean to people I was just kind of a bitch-to everyone adn I had a shitty personality in general. I actually did apolgigize a few months ago to this girl who I went to high school with who I ran into she asked what I was doing now and I told her and she was shocked and said wow I guess people do change. I didn't get what she was saying but when she explained I realized that ignoring people and not saying hi back is just as bad as being mean so I apologized to her.

13. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

I thinky Headymoechick is right, isn't having been such a bad person punishment enough?

14. YES I CANNABIS

YES I CANNABIS Member

i used to be a really bad teenager.. i used to steal alot of things from my family, stay out all night without calling, go through other people's personal belongings, it gotten so bad that my mum & step-dad had to put a lock on thier bedroom door and lock it when they went out.. they didnt' trust me to be alone.. and sometimes stay in my room all day if i felt like it.. and i used to be bulimic.. no one in my family trusted me, and i was constently kicked out with no bread ( i didn't have a job) and i'd feel like shit alot, sit around and be lazy, my room a mess, and i had no one to talk to besides my bad-ass "friends"..

it wasn't until i started smoking pot (almost a year ago) that i really changed my life around.. i was sitting with some friends after smoking some joints when i really started thinking about my life, why am i like this? why am i hurting the ones that i love, the one's that truly give a dam about me in the whole world? why can't i do simple things such as cleaning up my room without being told, or cleaning up the kitchen while my parents are away and even more so, respect other people's things / privacy!.. things to show that i care?

and everytime i smoked a joint, it gave me extra energy and it incouraged me to do those simple things and i've tottaly turned around for the better. and i learned that i don't have to be stoned all the time to be a better person, it just gives me that extra push, makes me more determined to do even better!! everything i used to do, i don't do anymore, and everything i didnt do, i do! (positivly). and my life is ALOT more enjoyable, even more so with an awesome job working with animals!

i know this thread isn't the pot thread, just thot i'd post down my story here

15. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

hey man, pot can work wonders!

whatever works, i say!

16. Xac

Xac Visitor

wow that is pretty damn cool, you can enjoy marijuana with positive outcomes! well i guess that throws the amotivational syndrome theory out...

17. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

Didn't "Reefer Madness" puke the "amotivational syndrome theory"?

I believe the theory is defective - it's a matter of Inertia.

in·er·tia
    n.

1. The tendency of a body to resist acceleration; the tendency of a body at rest to remain at rest or of a body in motion to stay in motion in a straight line unless acted on by an outside force.
    2. Resistance or disinclination to motion, action, or change.

18. Gurkadurk

Gurkadurk Member

karma just means "action", basicly. So when you gather karma it's just like putting things into action. sometimes much later the repercussions/results come flowing back. changing only prevents further actions that might make many ripples, but you still have to deal with what's already been started. if anything maybe those ripples coming back will fortify your current change.

19. alex714

alex714 To the Left

ive had similar experiences lynsey

early in my teens, i was just a really lost person and did horrible things. and things DID come back to me, dam karma
    i went through almost 2 years of karmic redistribution (im convinced of it).
    i think im still phasing out of the karma bite back