I trust my eyes more than the scale!!!

Discussion in 'Synthetic Drugs' started by AceK, Aug 9, 2013.

1. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

it's hard to trust it when its jumpin around like that...i try to compensate for it but damn...i still gotta use my eyes to make sure its not way off.

why do scales do this, didnt used to do it...does this mean the batteries need replacing or something?

checked the batteries with a multimeter..1.25V..seems good to me 1.0V would be dead but ive seen a battery be 0V so idk wat the fuck is the problem I turn the air off of course

2. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

How much is it jumping? Something jumping around between 0.750g and 0.755g is perfectly normal. Using it near other electronics (PC, cellphone, etc) can make it jump a bit.

Eyeballing is nowhere near what a well operating scale can do.

3. hahaha04

hahaha04 Whatevers Clever

Sounds like you need a new scale. Replace batteries. As writer said a lite jump is normal. Wht are your weighing. Hope all is well. I'm guessing it's mg scale .001mg not .1mg or .01mg

4. SunshineChild

SunshineChild Mad Scientist

There is a rate that it says in your scale's manual that it is acceptable for it to 'jump'. The final weight is the most accurate. It doesn't word it like that or directly say it but that's what it means. I think it's .007g for the Gemini-20 everyone (including myself) uses, I can't recall.

Do you calibrate your scale before every use? Always gotta make sure your scale is properly calibrated. give it about 30 seconds to warm up also. Change batteries and see if that does anything. If it's still messing up by a margin then you probably damaged something sensitive inside the scale and it needs to be replaced.

Properly working scales are as accurate as we can get.

5. AceK

it'll jump like 20mg. When i tare it it will go to like -38 soon after and start counting up (or down really) I know some jump is normal ive learned various methods to make up for it but this seems different than what it used to do. I'm weighing 4-aco-dmt by the way and when I weighed out 40mg for someone it looked like alot..idk I will try replacing the batteries.

it seems like with this scale the way it is you have to take the first number that it jumps too and remember that if you add more, and you have to account for the counting up/down too...

6. hahaha04

+rep for 4aces :)

7. AceK

i rep you back, its that light tan shit that doesn't glow under blacklight:sunny::2thumbsup:

8. hahaha04

*******drooling**********

9. AceK

btw I replace the batteries and it seems to be back to normal...it jumps but then falls back on a certain number...problem solved, those were the batteries that came with it.

10. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

You can't tell if a battery is good or not just by checking the voltage without any load. You can have all the voltage in the world but without current you're not going to power anything.

11. AceK

i very much know of Ohm's Law...i maybe I should put a resistor in series with one of the leads but how much current does a scale use (mA?) I^2R=P I am in the trade but I'm just trying to make my scale work...you would have to think about the transistor in the scale and their saturation points as well....too much for me

Shouldn't try to make it more complicated than it is but thank you for reminding me of Ohm's Law.