I totally ruined dinner last night

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by bluesafire, Feb 27, 2009.

1. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

So I thought I'd make spaghetti.. simple right? Then I realized that I didn't buy sauce, even though I coulda sworn I did. And now I have cooked spaghetti noodles and no sauce. So I thought I'd get creative, right? BIG MISTAKE. I figured, hey I got parmesan cheese, I can make an alfredo sauce. Except I have no cream in the house, in which case I'll just use whole milk.. yeah that'll work, I thought. WRONG. It turned out nasty and disgusting and nothing I would subject my poor family to consume. :ack2: Then I made meatballs. :puke:Nope.

Last night just wasn't my night for cooking. Ever have those times?

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

duh, ketchup!

if it makes you feel better, i once had to evacuate my apartment after attempting grilled cheese...

3. Ocean Bionic

Ocean Bionic Hero of the People

bummer. I would have gone with the butter and salt 'sauce'. Its a good one-two punch that never fails.

4. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

contrary to popular belief, ketchup does NOT save everything.

yes, yes it does. :p

5. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

well that's what we did in the end. butter, with garlic salt, and dill. my daughter prefers that best anyway.. she doesn't like tomato sauce.

6. Ocean Bionic

in that case, your daughter best stay away from skunks.

dill? interesting. ill have to throw that into the concoction next time I have a ghetto fab meal. mMmmm.... noodles for breakfest!

7. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

dill is awesome! I grew some in the garden last year and use it on a lot of things. Boiled baby potatoes with butter and dill. :drool5:

I grew rosemary too, and recently we made homemade rosemary bread. It was sooooo goooooood!

8. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

Dear, sometimes life is hard. :rolleyes:

9. Ocean Bionic

rosemary bread with rosemary butter garlic sauce FTW.

my mouth is watering and there is so little to eat. guess noodles will have to do.

10. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

:(

11. Wild Mountain Dave

Wild Mountain Dave Rainbow

pretty funny story.

12. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

yeah, then we watched this bizarre movie called Lars and the Real Girl about a guy who kinda lost it and bought a big blow up doll that became his girlfriend and the whole town went along with it and pretended she was real just to humor him.

13. Ocean Bionic

its not a bad thing, until noodles run low.

14. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

are you guys broke?

15. Ocean Bionic

not really. Laura and I just got back from new orleans and are moving out of our apartment within the week before we travel across america-west. so we don't want to load up on food that we wont eat and its a good excuse for not blowing cash at the grocery.

16. pinkfloyd50437

pinkfloyd50437 Member

haha Lars and the Real Girl is a weird movie!!! And I liked the dill idea as well... I might have to try that some time

17. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

well I'm glad you're not broke. :) Hey how was New Orleans? I was there years ago.. stayed on Bourbon street.

Traveling is so much fun... I'm a gypsy at heart. Where you guys going?

18. Ocean Bionic

NOLA is still keeping the party alive. Bourbon street was bumpin was the usual mardi gras madness. There was plenty of beeds, booze and boobs to go around throughout the weekend. Really though, we went for the seafood. Oysters and Crawfish will always be my favorite drugs of choice.

and the trip, well, the itinerary is rather general. We'l be in colorado snowboarding for a bit, then off to california to see friends and family. once the weather is warmer, we plan to roam state to state to check out most of the national and state parks. we're calling it all by feeling.

wanna tag along? Laura and I wouldn't mind having a personal, touring chef.:p

19. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

Oh yeah they had THE BEST food there. and Jazz, of course.

that is so right up my alley! when my husband and I got married we planned a honey moon to New Mexico cause we always wanted to check out the SW. But NO itinerary or plans at all. lol! We just started out at one end and worked our way across the state, just stopping wherever we wound up for the night... usually at cheap motels.. ha! it was great! totally went according to the feeling. :D

then throughout our relationship we'd make these spontaneous weekend trips... like one day we woke up and decided to drive to Colorado (we were in Missouri at the time). :p

haha! that would be fun! you planning on stopping at WA state?

20. Ocean Bionic

wicked. we're doing the cheap motel thing if we wont be camping. though, i would much rather end up under the stars, preferably under the influence of mind altering substances while chilling with a true authentic native american. that would be truly ideal.

and in fact, we will be making our way up to Washington, and then into Canada to stop in Vancouver and Victoria.