I took the plunge

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by JayVixen, Aug 15, 2005.

1. JayVixen

JayVixen Member

I haven't been around this site for awhile and for good reason, I GOT MARRIED!

My long time bf of 2 years and I had broken up a few months ago after fighting for a while and a 1 year engagement. After 2 months away from eachother he was in London for business during the terror attacks and it literally made me crazy with worry. It turns out that he wasn't anywhere near where it happened but it made both of us realize how immature and stupid we were being. We both confessed any hooking up or wrong doing that had been going on during our "break."

On August 1st I woke up reached over to cuddle with him and instead ended up grabbing a box. There in that box was my engagement ring that I thought I had lost. He came in with roses and asked me to marry him again.

The next morning we left for the states to visit family and when we got to his house there were cars and flowers everywhere. He blindfolded me and had my sister take me to a room. In that room I was still blindfolded and put into a dress. Once I was "ready" I went outside to see all of our friends and family sitting outside and a freakin aisle. It was really laid back, no caterers or crazyness. My dad took classes to get ordained to preform the ceremony which was the biggest surprise of all! It turns out for well over a month everyone around me knew what was going on.

It was my dream wedding and I can't believe things finally worked out. We just got back from our honeymoon and I jumped on the computer the second I could.

I can't believe on 8-3-05 I got married!

2. PurpleGel

PurpleGel Senior Member

i can't believe it either--you're very very young. good luck with that....

3. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

Two years is a long time? I'm not trying to rain on your parade, because from what you wrote it sounds very exciting, but it sounds like you two got a bit caught up in the moment. Immediately getting married after fighting and being broken up for two months just doesn't seem like the healthiest way of going about things; as if there could still be underlying problems that you need to work out. If there are, they will surface themselves again. A lot of people who get married don't realize that; marriage is not a cure-all. And on an unrelated note--I'd be pissed if someone planned my wedding for me! lol...

4. Maggie

Maggie Member

That's so beautiful. Congratulations and best of luck in married life!

5. ZenMunchy

ZenMunchy Gracious In Defeat

that is very special. just make shure to work out any problems you have with each other or out side of your relationship. It is very important to be zen not just on the out side but the inside. You can only stay in a realation ship if you work at it every day. best of luck to you~