I think we should start a dready commune.

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by Thekarthika, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Thekarthika

Thekarthika Member

I don't understand all of the electrical part of the conversation.
    No need for explanation, I'm just technologically retarded, haha.

I wouldn't consider it politics... But think about it, you throw in drugs and alcohol and you get some pretty violant people who just want to party all of the time.

If you UK people are willing to move it'll work
    Or if us US people are.

2. pypes

pypes Hot alien babes

only if i can have rabbits on the roof, and in the house. No dogs.

3. urbanhedgemonkey

urbanhedgemonkey Member

You can never have enough space because you can never grow enough varieties... and you can ALWAYS find enough people to give your surplus to.

The waiting lists are a pain though - me and my allotment buddy only got ours so quickly (read: immediately) because she had a friend who was giving one up and they gave it up to us. So we sneakily jumped the queue :D Shameless, but hey-ho.

4. Smelly D

Smelly D The Dreaded Plumber

but if people are nice and considerate and i cant actually think of the proper word, then alcohol wont equal violence. people who know how to chillax with a pint but not go overboard, yknow?

5. pypes

pypes Hot alien babes

after a days graft in the garden chillaxing would be all im capable of.

6. urbanhedgemonkey

urbanhedgemonkey Member

Agreed. Alcohol and 'drugs' (which drugs? There's a quite a lot to choose from with many and varying effects) don't MAKE people angry/violent. Angry/violent people drinking and doing 'drugs' get angry and violent. The drink/drugs just 'cracks the lid off the jar' so to speak - a lid that can often stay firmly in place otherwise.

In the same way, substances can also invoke feelings of happiness/ecstacy/peace/love/hornyness, and in many these feelings (for whatever reason) are also kept firmly hidden away. Which is a pity really, because these feelings are fundamentally what we ARE.

As someone very wise on Oprah once said (cos they must be wise to be on Oprah ;) ): "There is only love and fear. Love is what we are, and fear is borne out of forgetting that". The irony of this is that if we were to remember we wouldn't be needing (or wanting) that stiff gin to wash the happy pills down with in the first place :)

7. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

drugs and alcahol may not be a problem if its a liol here and there but when its a daily need its a problem for all around you
    so if you dont alow hard drugs and alcahiol you also rid yourself of those for whom its a daily need (and problem)

if someone decides to go to town once a week for a beer theuyre not gonna be kicked out
    and we taklked about what drugs woiuld be tolerated, weed ofcourse and some psychodelicss (as long as it dioesnt get out of control)

no powdwers or pills or anytthing negative

on the subject of construction
    rammed earth aka earthships would be the best options, adobe would be good too
    umm mans no we wont be chopping down forrests, ay al;l,
    but if you can learn to make hemp fiberboard we could use that

we could have multiple buildings that are basivclkyt for sleeping an outdoor kitchen
    we need a greenhouse for winter growing
    electric need will be minimal
    only the commomn house would have a tv stareo and stuff (compyters internet) the sleeping houses would only need 1 30 watt light each
    animals the more the merreier as long as theyre cared for, no packs running wild
    and yes dogs are welcome so are foxes and monkeys and maybe even bears
    electric generation could be solar wind water and technicaly it may be illegal nut it makes perfect sence to use it anyway
    if theres high tension power lines newarby, hidiung a coil under the weeddss below the lines captures excess energt thats leaked from the wires into the ait
    you can opiwer your house off of just the energy leasing (its that electrric energy leaking that causes health problems when living too close to these woires though)

a novel ideaz for wind generatuion that we experimented with is recycled truck genberators (and fans) hundreds and hundreds of them strwn up over a windy field charging a bank of batteries.

if we do the earthship thing there will be no need gfor heatrting or air conditioning they stay a steady 60 all year

also i vote for a state with medical use lawes so we can grow our own without risk

8. Thekarthika

Thekarthika Member

I don't care where.
    Or anything.

I just want this to happen.

I vote we buy a farmhouse that's already built and start from there.
    We could build more around the area if we buy enough acres
    And fix it up.

9. Thekarthika

Thekarthika Member

OK I looked it up and Michigan allows medical growth and that's perfect cause I heard of a school I want to go to there (Eastern Michigan University)
    Or we could go to California, whichever.

10. soaringeagle

a freinds selling a off the grid active/passive solar homestead with organic garden (and crystals bui;t into the walls) right on the edge of a national forrewsty the annual taxes are just over 100$
    i dunno how many acres tho
    its in ilinois or indiana or 1 of those i states tho

11. Thekarthika

Thekarthika Member

Thats perfect!!

Can you find out which state??

Pm me

12. soaringeagle

shes windancer on here
    she posted the info in a few spots for dale/trade comunal living rainbow family ..u can find it in 1 of those
    i think its il

13. mandyland

mandyland Senior Member

Im serious...Im only coming if someone helps me build a fairy tree house. I can cook really good vegan food! and uh...I have a degree in psych...for whatever thats worth in a commune. =]

14. Thekarthika

Thekarthika Member

Fairy tree house, fine
    What ever you want.

I'm stoked.

15. shadygrov

shadygrov Member

I live in Indiana right now...not a bad place despite being flat, lack of real culture in most parts, and suburbs everywhere. I could supply homegrown herb and fungi grown with love and care, that was not generated by money or for profit. Psychedelics and money simply do not mix. I have routinely have given away psychedelics that even I had to pay for just to help a brother or sister in need. I would be no part of such commune that would prohibited such things. Aside from that, this past year I tended two organic gardens. I have grown up around farming and cultivating all my life. One day, I will live in a place where money is not accepted and everyone for the community as a whole. Other than that I can help provide music for entertainment.

16. Natures Love Child

Natures Love Child Member

Somewhere that doesn't get too cold.

17. shadygrov

shadygrov Member

It's like 15 degree here. It's way too cold in Indiana. I vote Tennessee. It's my favorite place.

18. soaringeagle

colorado
    and definately nothing money driven in fact if we can avoid any contact with any money for any reason im fully in support of that

id love to grow alotta food thats availible to the surrounding xcommunities free and if we have needs we cant supply ourselves put out a wishlist near where they pick up food

bartering for property taxes may be lil more dificult but with the right intentions anything can happen (i know ppl who had a vehicle registered to everybody, literaly it was owned and registered to everybody in the world, so anybody could use it) (it was used for providing free food all over the country)

19. Thekarthika

Thekarthika Member

Well we are deffinately going to need money to get started. Lots we have to be more realistic about that.
    Yeah. Indiana weather sucks.

20. mandyland

mandyland Senior Member

Well...Cali is more expensive...but beautiful and usually warm. Or how about Oregon somewheres? I dunno. Im a west coast girl. The mid west would prob be the cheapest....but damn if Im gonna get caught in a tornado! F that. Id rather be up against an earthquake. So...uh yeah...thats my two cents....lol.