I think we should start a dready commune.

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by Thekarthika, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Smelly D

Smelly D The Dreaded Plumber

thats my dream. i like lotr, and i quite like elvish things

2. pypes

pypes Hot alien babes

Yeah I seem to remember he used mims, which is an arse to start with, and you'd have to be careful with the cable calcs because you can run mims hotter than normal cable, but it's effectivly being run through insulation, and you would want RCD's on everything and IMD's and several other TLA's, and low temp luminairs, and IP rated everything because of the dust. It would basically easier to put the electric outside.

3. Smelly D

technical jargonnnnnnn. maybe this commune will be un-electric'd. or maybe i could install solarrrrr. i quite like that =]

4. pypes

pypes Hot alien babes

yeah, I'm sure you'd never start banging on about double check filling loops and thermostatic valves or any such thing. Also solar would be even worse, also I bet your replying to my PM while I'm typing this :p

5. Smelly D

i have yet to turn into a plumbing geek. and yes, yes i was.

6. urbanhedgemonkey

urbanhedgemonkey Member

I'm more a Nazgul fan myself. I wanna live in Minas Morgul. I like that creepy green weird light shit :D

Failing that, tree house is good...

7. pypes

pypes Hot alien babes

You could install a vacuum solar hot water system, which would be eminently useful.

8. Smelly D

i just wanna live in middle earth =D

9. urbanhedgemonkey

urbanhedgemonkey Member

Can we have a wind turbine too? And a reed bed filtration system for recycling the water? And water butts. Lots of water butts for watering all the scrummy veggies and pretty flowers we're gonna grow.

10. Smelly D

wind turbines hurt the birdies =[

im all for rain water storage, water butts, a turf roof and the like tho =D

11. pypes

pypes Hot alien babes

If you want a turf roof them it'll probably want to be a brick house due to epic weight, and it would need to be extra thick anyway so we can put rabbits up there, also windturbines are cool, fuck the birds.

While we are naming random green tech can we get them air conditioners you can run backwards in the winter to get loads of free heat, but are still hated by the green crowd because they are "air conditioners" and not the "heat exchanges" they get a huge boner on for.

12. urbanhedgemonkey

urbanhedgemonkey Member

Green sedum roofs are AMAZING. A project of mine for this growing year is to get one planted on the shed roof at my allotment. It's gonna be lush :)

Do even little turbines hurt the birdies? I'd never really thought about that before :confused: But then I guess if ufo's can crash into them...

13. Smelly D

i suppose littler ones wouldnt be so bad, but if the birdies decided to try and sit on them as they were spinning? not a good idea really. maybe if there was an anti birdie device nearby.. and pypes, we dont fuck the birdies =]

i want an allotment, rent me one? =]

14. Thekarthika

Thekarthika Member

I wish I knew what you guys are talking about haha.
    But if you can get all of that together than cool.

Eagle and I decided that there shouldn't be alcohols or heavy drugs, that wouldnt be a good idea.
    We still have a lot to discuss.

I want to make this work.

Also when/where could we do this?

15. Smelly D

which bits dont you understand, i dont mind explaining things i know about =]

and i could live without alcohol and/or drugs, theyre not huge parts of my life anyway

aaaaand it prolly wouldnt work since most of ye are across the pond!!

16. urbanhedgemonkey

urbanhedgemonkey Member

Get on to your local council and see if there's any going spare. Chances are there may be a bit of a waiting list - lotties are like gold dust in some areas. Or it could be like my local council where people have been on waiting lists for a couple of years while vacant plots lie empty looking like the wild savanna. Why? Cos after 10 years of vacancy the council can sell the land for real estate. It sucks :mad:

Home grown veggies, fruits and herbs are well worth the wait though :)

17. pypes

pypes Hot alien babes

I would require beer in order to function, also I can see there being some nasty veggie/vegan/omnivore politics. How about I just build the thing and stick around for the free love.

18. urbanhedgemonkey

urbanhedgemonkey Member

We could be the UK branch

19. Smelly D

apparently theres a HUGE waiting list, and i have yet to add myself to it. we already grow loooads in our garden, but its just not enough space!

20. Smelly D

brew yer own maybe, thatd be awesome.

i want to keep animals, can we have animals, i want animals.