I think i'm having the worst school holiday ever

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by all_rhodesian_reject, Apr 5, 2007.

1. all_rhodesian_reject

all_rhodesian_reject Sonskyn Elvis

Seriously wow, it's just shit.

I think i've got coccygodynia which makes sitting, standing, walking and lying on my back borderline agony thus sleeping at night is rendered a chore, and man I love to sleep.

And to cap it all my parents are in the south of France for 5 days and I couldn't go because my fucking work wouldn't give me the time off (because they're Nazi's) which means i'm all on my lonesome which would normally be fine but aforementioned back condition means i'm basically trapped in my house. And I think i'm getting cabin feverish.

Anyway I have to go see the medicine man so he can fix me, but first I have to work out how to drive a car without actually sitting down......

2. Lucifer Sam

Lucifer Sam Vegetable Man

Sorry to hear that it's so shitty, but I went home for a break, and my grandpa died... sometimes things just suck. It'll work itself out in the end, I guess. Hope the doc can fix you up.

3. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Oh sheeit. I didn't even really know about that. My grandpa died when I was seven. Sorry bout that.

I remember when he gave you those guitars... :D And that whole Christmas in July deal. I used to think about that sometimes; it'd often make me smile.

4. all_rhodesian_reject

Sorry about your grandpa o_O

The Doc gave me a note off work (woohoo!) and some powerful painkillers/anti-inflammatories which do seem to be working...so we shall see, we shall see.

5. Orsino2

Naproxen? Naprosil?

6. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

Wow, that's awful ARJ! I hope you find some relief soon!

7. spooner

spooner is done.

Percocets are bad bad bad.

8. gulfwinds

gulfwinds girasoles para los amigos

what is coccygodynia?
    oh it's like something wrong with your coccyx, naturally :p

9. all_rhodesian_reject

Yes :D it's like, swelled up and decided to hurt like there is no tomorrow....apparently it's "very rare in someone my age"

Uh no begins with a D small orange tablet, that plus two paracetomal works for a spell

10. Lucifer Sam

Lucifer Sam Vegetable Man

Thanks, man.

Yeah. :D I've got the J-200 with me now. I can't make myself play it, though... I want to love it, but I just don't think it's at good as my old Yamaha. (o_O) How the hell do those things sell for $4,000+? It does look great, though.

11. Orsino2

:D I don't mind myself a Gibson acoustic, but I don't think I could bring myself to playing my grandpa's guitar, just because of the sentamentality. I wouldn't mind it if it were electric, but some guitars you really shouldn't let leave the house, like that. Atop that, some guitars just play differently and you have to learn the quirks... and late 60s/early 70s Gibsons are pretty friggin quirky. The late 60s models are worth more because they went on a strike in the early ,m70s, Norlin corp. bought them, and totally screwed the factory up until Ted McCarty (the creator of the McCarty finish and Gibson custom shop) revived them... he also had a big influence on Paul Reed Smith guitars.

So technically, we're in another golden age for buying new guitars... as far as american manufacturers go. The last one was just before and then after WWII, because of all the resources that had to go to the military.

Yamaha and Alverez have nice fluidity and are good all-around lower-to-mid- priced working guitars, for what you get... though I can only really push a Yahama to a certain limit, which is why I'm big into Martins and bluegrass-oriented instruments, even if bluegrass isn't what they're used for. You can really push them and they have the best manufacturer's warranty out of any builder. They'll replace or fix your guitar, so long as you bought it new and still own it, if something on the uh... drivetrain, effs up.