i think im done going barefoot

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by interval_illusion, May 23, 2004.

1. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

yesterday i took a looong walk barefoot...i not only saw a TON of glass on the roads but also now i have HUGE blisters on my heals and it hurts to walk.

it's a sad, sad day. :(

2. sunshinedaisy11

sunshinedaisy11 Member

That happened to me in the beginning of last week. The bottoms of my feet got all blistered and it hurt like hell. Don't pop the blisters though cuz that's what I did and all this crap oozed out and it hurt even more. For me, the blisters went away in just a couple days. I think the more you go barefoot the tougher your feet get and they wont get blistered anymore after a while. So if you decide to keep going barefoot it should get better. ~PEACE

3. interval_illusion

well, i took a safety pin and made a small hole in them and all this WATER (?) came out.... kinda sick.

im not gonna remove the skin though.

im not gonna STOP going barefoot i think, but i think i did too much too fast.

4. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

well thats no fun, i hope your feet get better. Keep'em clean too, don't want them getting all infected and gross.

5. interval_illusion

yah i washed em today... just disapointed cause i thought my feet were stronger.

6. interval_illusion

thanks proud, i was just upset cause im going away for wk. and to a festival and i wanted to dance and go barefoot but i dont want sore feet.

hopefully nature will work out for itself here. :) :)

7. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

I walked on this super hot pavement at the flea market on Friday... it was like 92 degrees, so it was awful.... It really hurt at first, then it kind of quit, then it hurt again and felt like I had blisters, but I didn't. But I'm over it now. Because I'm a champ. I can hardly walk in shoes, so I'm gonna tough it out. :D

8. interval_illusion

yah but girl...

my blisters cover BOTH heels the WHOLE heel on both... they are like super blisters. i can hardly walk.

9. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

Yuck....did you walk on the glass? Or was the pavement hot.... I read your post, but I can't remember what it said... :p

10. minjeig

minjeig Member

that sucks so bad! maybe put tea tree oil on them so they don't get all infected? i hope they get better soon!

11. Sax_Machine

Sax_Machine saxbend

Sounds like you overdid it a little bit this time. What this means though is that in a few days, one week maximum, the blisters will settle down, and the dead skin will form a protective layer so that your feet will then be able to handle a hell of a lot more. If you leave going barefoot for a couple of days until blisters no longer hurt like hell, and then you release the fluid from them you'll then find your feet will be in a good condition for going barefoot more. I went through this towards the end of april this year, and also in july last year when it suddenly got a lot warmer. I've found that a warm pavement (that isn't warm enough to hurt when you stand on it at all), can cause blistering if you spend about half an hour walking on it. After that your blisters will hurt a lot. Give them a couple of days until the pain dies down, release the fluid so you can stand on your feet without there being too much pressure where the blisters are, and then you'll be free to go barefoot again, and you won't get any more blisters. Don't remove the dead skin though, at least not until you're confident that your feet have toughened up and that the new skin underneath will be ok, which it will after a couple more days.

12. interval_illusion

well, thanks a lot. :)

i ended up releasing the fluid last night and now today, it doesnt hurt to walk on them and they almost seem healed already. :) im surprized how quickly that happened.....