I Think I Want Another.... *BAD IDEA ALERT*

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by HappyHaHaGirl, May 11, 2004.

1. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

I've totally got my hands full with Noah, and we do alright with the money I'm making, but for some reason I've been wanting another baby so much the past couple of weeks! I don't know what's wrong with me! Maybe I just want to be pregnant again and feel him kicking, or maybe I just want to kill myself with stress and exhaustion... :)
    Anyway, my boyfriend of over a year and I just broke up a couple days ago (I never said anything about the baby thing), so it won't happen for a while. Unless it happens like it did last time. :) I'm sure it won't.
    I don't know if I'm going crazy or not. I know I couldn't take care of two by myself, and I'd hate for the same thing to happen to the second baby that happened with Noah's father (fucking bastard).....I have a million reasons not to want one, buy I still want another so much!!!

Someone slap me!

2. moominmamma

moominmamma Member

:) No I'm not going to slap you, maybe just a gentle shaking.............

Okay you are a woman and we are biologically designed to want to have babies, so it is totally natural to feel how you are feeling. I always think its funny that there are endless threads devoted to feeling horny, but feeling broody that's weird and we tend not to talk about it, but its a totally related natural feeling.

I don't know your set up, but you have just split up from your boyfriend, so you don't have a steady partner which I would have thought would be a sensible pre-requisite for you and your children. You are doing really well:) it sounds from your posts, why not enjoy that for a while, you are nineteen so you have bags of time left to have more kids.

Wishing you well

Moominmamma

3. Fern

Fern Member

hey mamma,

i feel that way sometimes too but i have to remind myself that there are a lot more reasons NOT to have another one right now than reason To have another one. its not fair to your first kiddo when they are so young. its a LOT of work too. one kid is easily portable, but more make it really hard to travel. my SIL is pregnant again with her second and her first is 16 months the same age as mine, and now seeing her pregnant makes me really think twice about having another one for a while. be well!

fern and elwynn

4. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

lol i feel that way once in awhile with two... ahhhh! I think it might be your "clock" telling you that your fertile? Or, maybe its because Noah is getting bigger and you miss the little baby part of life. Believe me, two will kill you...lol. I'm sooooooooo tired but getting to love them is worth it. So I guess I'll live for now. :)

5. Applespark

Applespark Ingredients:*Sugar*

I did that recently but I have to be mature about it...take care of what I have going first like you do.....We will have more in time...jsut not rigght now. Have the one you have give him all your love.

6. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

I am sorry to hear of your breakup HHMama. It is a terribly emotional thing to go through, and you and Noah are in my prayers.

It is normal to want an other one. Sunshine was about 14 months when I got pregnant again, and I didn't know if I was ready, and I lost that baby. I got pregnant a few months later with Moon and I was ready. They are 26 months apart. I know for SURE I wouldn't want them any closer to gether than that, but everyone is different.

Has Noah recently weaned? I always get "baby lust" when my baby (child, actually, in my case) weans. I want that close, soft, cuddly baby back, I think.

Take some time, BE with Noah, (he's going to need you very badly, now that his father is gone) and soon you will meet a good man and things will fall into place.

7. DecemberSun

DecemberSun Member

I do this dance from time to time, too.

One minute I want another baby so badly that I'm ready to pull DH into the bedroom and 'try'. And then, a minute later, by 17 mo. old DS is screaming, and my 15 mo. old foster DD is screaming, and my 7 yr. old foster DD is in the middle of it all... And I think "are you CRAZY?!?" LOL... It is definitely our biological clock tick-tick-ticking away. It's natural to want another one, even if we think it's the worst possible time to have a baby.

I'm sure you'll get your precious baby when the time is right ;)
    Peace, Leah