I think I may be.....

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by TheLittleOne, Jan 20, 2005.

1. David54

David54 Member

These little scares (which I hope this is) wake us up. So whoever suggested that you don't tell your boyfriend is being ridiculous. Someone should introduce this man to the concequences of his actions. And if you are connected enough to be a couple and have sex regularly, you should be honest with each other, especially about big issues. If he's a decent boyfriend, he'll know that something's up even if you try to hide it from him.

I agree that you should inform yourself about birth control options. But I am concerned about this mantra from the masses in favor of it. There are effects besides just getting pregnant, often disruptive and confusing. And sometimes sterilising. Especially with the patch and the shot. What happened to being natural with our bodies? When did that remove itself from our priorities?

Having sex under almost any circumstances creats the possibility of pregnancy. You don't have to even have sex, either. Recognise the concequences of your actions, and be prepared to deal with them. Pregnancy or abortion. Neither is easy. Wake up call.

2. Taylor

Taylor Repatriated

psychic powers, eh? Interesting....

3. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

hey, I'm an 18 year old girl who can't afford a baby right now either. But I'm on BC and I can take responsibility for whatever consequenses lie ahead. Like I said before, get yourself on some BC. It may be expensive or a pain in the ass, but a baby is much more so. If you just can't afford BC- don't put yourself in a position like this.

I truly hope this is just a scare. It's been a few days since this was first posted. Did you get a pregnancy test yet?

Freespirited420- NOTHING is 100%. even on birth control you have to be prepared for the conseqenses of having sex.

4. TheLittleOne

TheLittleOne Senior Member

I should've gotten my period around the 15th...it's the24th now...im too nervous to buy a test. I've called a few clinics...none were open this weekend...left messages, no calls back...i work 10 hour days, im so tired...and so stressed out. and i'm sick today and can't go home..I'm off wednesday, ill try to get in a clinic then.
    but i'm freaking out. last night, i was crying uncontrollably, hyperventilating, i felt like i was going crazy. and now i'm sick, stressed out, tired...i was crying and freaking out this morning too.
    my boyfriend's been really great...he said he'd buy a test for me and i'd take it today when i get home...i'm just scared though. if it says positive, i'll just die...i hate this

5. Super_Grrl

Super_Grrl Crazy love

You have preg tests in your bathroom? and fertility monitors?? I see....

6. HippyFreek2004

HippyFreek2004 changed screen name

i think some man (not naming names) is off his rocker. Anyone else agree?

Holly

7. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

Nah, him and his wife (or significant other) may just be trying to get pregnant.

8. HippyFreek2004

HippyFreek2004 changed screen name

From what I've read, he doesn't have one. His wife left him or something (or maybe I read his post wrong)...

But I do know that he's obsessed with having children. It's the only thing he wants in life.

Holly

9. BobbinBecca

BobbinBecca Member

Hey all
    I've posted this before but I'll post it again-- check your dollar store they have tests now for yes $1 and my gyno assured me they are just as good as the expensive ones, just don't catch it as early as some of the more sensitive ones.
    And just try to give a call to a couple in the paper for someone to talk to if nothing else someone wanting a baby, or if you're going to the clinic just talk to them about your options so much of what we think we know is just impressions and until you're actually in the situation you don't know what's best for you.
    I was and still am pretty darn poor and when I found out I was pregnant again, when I had barely gotten back on my feet with a 10-hr a day job that was paying the bills, I thought about abortion, I thought about adoption and I thought about my future, my husband, my other son, my parents and it all got so complicated until I thought about the baby, and what that potential was and then it all got a little clearer and the looooooooove that these little ones have in them!! In the balancing scale of your work vs. their happiness their happiness is worth all you can do and more. Anyway, whatever decision you make is totally yours, I support you for one. I just hope it's your best choice and not taken lightly. Abortion needs to be legal and most of us here are open-minded enough to accept you for who you are but you realize nobody really wants you to do it. ;-) I like the babies. Now my second baby is about the age my first was when I almost got back on my feet. So I'll try again, oh, and now I have an IUD so I can give myself that chance.'Sorry that's long may be rambling but I am just trying to help.
    Becca

10. TheLittleOne

i appreciate all the feedback guys..

11. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

Ever consider adoption or fostering a child?

12. Elle

Elle Senior Member

Don't you have a child? Didn't I see a pic in the Parenting forum?

13. lynsey

lynsey Banned

consider adoption. It's not easy int he US but there are tons of kids and even babies over seas who can use a loving home. While I am unsure of whether or not I want to have kids I know that if I couldn't get pregnant I wouldn't be too upset because it would be wonderful giving a child a home who would otherwise grow up in an orphenage.

14. Super_Grrl

Super_Grrl Crazy love

There's nothing wrong with a person wanting a child. But it does seem rather obsessive...and since (from a lot of your posts) there's no woman in your life, I was questioning the presence of the preg tests and the fertility monitor.

15. Lilyrayne

Lilyrayne Chrisppie

Little one, do let us know your results.

Everytime I see someone say "I think I may be pregnant, oh no! I do not want this baby" all I can think about is "Give it to me! I want it!"

I want to adopt a baby so bad, especially a newborn, becaue due to health reasons it is not a good idea for me to carry one myself. I want to experience as much of having a baby as I can, thus the reason for a newborn. But my husband is not up for the idea of having any kids of any kind right now, but if he was, I would almost be begging you to have the baby if you are pregnant and let me adopt it...

16. lawngirl

lawngirl Member

so, did you take the test yet?

don't call abortion clinics before you know if you're pregnant or not.. it'll just make you more stressed (and thus, if you're not pregnant, can delay your period even more). you might be freaking out and concerned about having to go through something that you might not have to go through. take the test, then call the clinic.

i'm gonna pm you...

17. headymoechick

have you taken a test yet?

are you ok?

we're all hoping for the best!

18. TheLittleOne

wooo, i got my period

thank god...i'm so relieved. i was about to take the test too...i'm so happy right now...i'm still going to get on birth control though, definitely. thanks everyone for your support. i really appreciate it.
    i was soooo stressed out. i'm gonna be safe now every single time. i don't want to worry like this ever again. thanks you guys..
    xoxo
    lisa

19. Super_Grrl

Super_Grrl Crazy love

Lisa I'm so happy for you! :) I'm glad everything worked out the way you wanted it to. **hugs**

20. headymoechick

YAY!! big ((((hugs)))) I'm really glad that everything's cool now. I hope you stay safe and live well!

much peace