I think God Is Punishing The Boy Scouts

Discussion in 'People' started by vinceneilsgirl, Aug 1, 2005.

1. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I'm sure you notice all the people here who call you out on nonsense. Can't say I get the same thing from anyone who does not follow your playbook. I think that says a lot.
    Because you offer no evidence and just move on and repeat the same talking points. Of course I can't meet your low standards I have real standards. What I say I back up with evidence and thought out arguments.

You want to play identity polotics and think I don't listen to the Steve that is your own conservative thinking hurting you again. I've actuly met him.

He may or may not have liked what I said to him but I did meet him. Maybe we had an exchange of thoughts and ideas that he was not able to keep up with. Maybe he called me a mentally ill libtard and scurried away without offering any of his precious debate or logic because he could not edit me. Maybe he hugged me. We don't know man.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
  2. thepapasmurph

thepapasmurph Super Moderator Super Moderator

I was a Boy Scout back in 1968... I liked it at first. I was an only child and my parents were divorcing, with Dad moving out of state... So, I guess somebody thought it would do me good to join the Scouts. I remember going on overnight camping trips and a week away at Scout Camp in the Adirondacks. I was a shy kid and didn't have much in common with the boys - nor did I enjoy typical boys things, like various sports or fishing, etc. (that's probably another reason I was sent off to join the scouts - to man up) Anyway, I remember feeling fairly alienated in these settings - I did enjoy crafts and hiking, swimming and canoeing... I remember taking the boy scout oath very seriously - so after a weekend of camping in Canada, the Scout Master instructed us to form a line and walk the length of camp, picking up any debris left on the ground... He said, "all I want to see is elbows and assholes". Well, I thought scouts were not supposed to swear or say "dirty words" so, since the scoutmaster said "assholes" I assumed it was not a bad word to say, and began to incorporate it in my daily vocabulary when I got home. I don't recall how long it took before I used it in a sentence, but I do recall the punishment was swift. I don't think God is punishing the Boy Scouts. I think the Boy Scouts has been a dying organization for years... With the exception of a few Eagle Scouts out there, I do wonder how many boys had really great experiences there.

3. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Beach Ball Lady Balls Banned

Do the Boy Scouts exist? My understanding is that it isn’t Boy Scouts anymore, it is people scouts bsa. Girls scounts are inclusive to girls only.

4. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

That’s exactly what happened to the BSA in 2017. They became the Soy Scouts as I said here

Beach Ball Lady Balls likes this.
  5. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

The Boy Scouts of America still exists. The program is now called Scouts BSA. 11 - 18 year olds are grouped into Troops (the local units that are usually chartered by churches and/or schools) and are not integrated. There are boy troops and girl troops. Girls can now earn the rank of Eagle Scout. Girls can also participate in the Cub Scout program (5 - 10 year olds).

thepapasmurph and Joshua Van like this.
  6. Joshua Van

Joshua Van JoshuaMN

good i don't see the problem with this.

7. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Remove all the girls from that organization. They already have their own.

8. Varmint

Varmint Member

I tend to agree with this. On the other hand, my preferred method of dealing with toxic people is to leave and avoid them. This was my response to the BSA when I was a kid. I hear that troop didn't miss me any more than I missed them. Good all around.

thepapasmurph likes this.
  9. thepapasmurph

thepapasmurph Super Moderator Super Moderator

that's pretty much how it went for me, too