I stopped shaving my legs and...

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by marysoul, Jan 4, 2009.

1. slideruler

slideruler Member

My GF doesn't shave. She is beautiful.

2. RollinBelle

RollinBelle Member

The world needs more guys like you then, slide.

3. knottygrl

knottygrl Member

hahahaha! you go girl! thumbs up!

4. vertigomoon

vertigomoon Member

i have shaved once in about a year... i hate shaving my pits, but i got chiggers and my uncle was like " if you shave your pits and put fingernail polish on them they will go away" BULLS**T!!!! that made it sooo much worse! OMG it itched soooo bad i thought i was gonna die! i am never ever shaving again. and if a guy doesn't think i am sexy with hair then i don't need him anyway. i think i am beautiful. if i wasn't supposed to have hairy pits and legs then hair wouldn't grow there. lol

5. Opinionated

Opinionated Member

I don't shave. It sort of started out as an experiment...and now its just comfortable. My ex-bf was just fine with it and actually admitted to me that he really liked it. Sadly our relationship didn't work. But I don't feel the need to shave. I think that if you feel comfortable without shaving then don't. If you need to shave to feel good, then by all means do! Even if we can't be sure where our feelings about things come from, we should still do what feels comfortable.

6. creedlespeek

creedlespeek Member

Devoted shaver here. Everything below the neck comes off, and that's how I like it. :)

7. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

Ive never shaved my legs

8. lunarverse

lunarverse The Living End

I once (being the incredibly nice guy that I am) offered to let a friend wax my legs because she needed a guinea pig for her leg waxing exam for beauty school. Her other test subject backed out at the last minute. I wish someone would have let me know that it hurts less if you trim the hair first. I'm a fairly hairy guy, it hurt like a bitch. Especially the back of the knees.

9. BornHippy

BornHippy Member

I shave my legs and underarms and trim dwn below. Sometimes i dont shave my legs for 5days then feel bit shamed wearing shorts. It is a problem i hope to one day get over. Though i think i smel more when i dont shave underarms, anyone else noticed this? I dont think id feel comfy dancing with arms up at the clubs with hairy pits... Do you think waxing makes hair grow thinner? My hair is very dark, when i was 14 i shaved my arms cause ppl teased me, wish i hadnt.

10. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

I bonked her whilst you were doing her homework.

11. lunarverse

lunarverse The Living End

Am I supposed to be insulted by this?

Besides, I said "leg waxing" not "sheep shearing".

12. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

I don't shave my legs that much, once in a bue moon I will take the razor out, I like getting high and shaving my legs so their soft and smooth.. I don't shave above the nee. I have before. and my skin get's really red and itchy so I stoped

13. BornHippy

BornHippy Member

Iv finally decided im not going 2 shave, myt trim my under amrs hairs though cause heard it makes BO worse. Just in time for summer in NZ hehe MY sis and friends think itl be sick, but thats y i need 2 make some new hippy friends also, its hard when i only no squares haha Its anoying when girls say 'ew gross girls should shave', they must not be feminests at all! Makes me sad but ohwel. I feel like i love my natural self more, im growing my hair for dreads and i may be tad self concious at 1st but ill get over it and will feel more beaufitul eventualy im sure!

14. dynamohumm

dynamohumm Member

I didnt shave my legs until I was in my 30's

The hair was always blonde and barely noticeable,,until one day....I woke up, and practically overnight they had gone dark:(

That first shave was scary...lots of nicks and blood, and a bath full of hair....

But the aftermath was worse...I HATED the feel of them...it was like "dead leg" where your feeling someone elses.....

I still only shave below the knee....and waxing? never

15. punk-a$$_hippy

punk-a$$_hippy Member

I hate shaving lol, but I hate being hairy too...if I go too long without shaving my legs, the hair gets way out of control and starts growing back into my skin!!! {like an ingrown hair?!?} and if I don't shave my pits, even if I shower every day, they start smelling kinda funky...

16. SunnyHappyVegan

SunnyHappyVegan Member

I hate the feeling of no hair. It's not natural, and it's just gross. I don't like the look of it either, especially when legs are shiny? It makes them look like I plastic manikin!

I shave every now and then just because I don't like too much hair either. But I plan on stopping when I get older completely...

But I thought more people on a hippie forum wouldn't shave either, I'm a little surprised

17. Smelly D

Smelly D The Dreaded Plumber

i stop shaving on october 16th, and start again at the end of march ^-^

18. haha_wintaaa

haha_wintaaa Member

I shave when I'll be exposing those areas.

19. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

I've shaved my legs a couple times. Don't ask me why.

20. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Your Secret's Safe With Us...[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.