I stopped shaving my legs and...

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by marysoul, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Woodpoppies

Woodpoppies Member

Hahaha that's awesome!! :)

2. tree_hugger

tree_hugger Member

I'm all about going au naturale... but... I gotta shave my legs.

Omg, your sig... isn't that from Better Off Dead? Haha, I love that movie.

3. Woodpoppies

Woodpoppies Member

Hahaha that is from better off dead!! I love that movie!! Sorry I blew up your mom Ricky. Hahaha!!!! Ok I am sorry I went off topic lol

4. SpaceChive

SpaceChive Member

I used to not shave because I was against society trying to make us shave, but seriously I barely HAVE any leg hair. You can't even tell. But now I shave every once in a while because I just like the feel of smooth legs. if i dont I really dont feel any less attractive or anything

5. ChangeHappens

ChangeHappens Member

There is no problem with either shaving legs and not shaving legs. It is almost impossible to tell why we like the feeling of anything because our reasons our multi-faceted. Like many people would just say its gross, some people would say it feels good, some would say its a waste of time. The trouble is that the reasons we like something is out of reach, most of what we know we like begins at a subconcious level.

My personal feeling about it is that it really wouldnt change that much, however, people would give you some nasty vibes - voluntarily and inoluntarily, if you went to a public place like that. Unless you had a group of like 20 women doing it, then they would hesitate to give you a bad vibe. Its like people dont like it when people dont conform....I think comformity has been tied to GOD and most of the mainstream people in our society have subconcious beliefs in religious values. ACTUALLY, I remember one time watching "the beauty and the beast" and I heard this SONG in the beggining of the movie about BELLE. One of the LINES went like this "Its a pity and a SIN, that she doesnt quite FIT IN!" This was a line that was being sung by the whole village, while Belle walked away. So maybe its just this sense that people who dont conform will like become child rapists or murderers and people dont feel comfortable and threatened by it. Conformity is such a complicated subject, i thought it was simple but its far from it.

I also have another reason why people dont like people who dont conform and it has to do with the fact that the cannot love you if you dont act normal, because of this subconcious instillment of religion and god....its really fuking something I dont even want to believe half the time, but it lets me feel better in the longer run of things so its worth it. Conformity...your thoughts.

6. daisymelan

daisymelan Professional fence sitter

Right now I'm uber hairy and it's starting summertime. My pits are HAIRY and I'm trying ot keep my arms down cuz I have caught our male friend that is here right now staring at them in the past... he's uncomfy with it so I try and not make it something to be uncomfy with.

7. ChangeHappens

ChangeHappens Member

yeah thats a big problem with it. Whether you accept it or not, were conditioned to feel no good about it.

8. daisymelan

daisymelan Professional fence sitter

^ Very true. I can even remember my own mother making fun of my aunt because her pits were hairy once (I imagine I was 10 years old or something at the time, but its still with me). But my sons see me and I hope it will help them grow up learning to love the female body as is. :)

9. Smelly D

Smelly D The Dreaded Plumber

i defo agree with the conformity = fitting in. its like everyone has to mirror each other to get along in life.. and if someone chooses to have hairy pits, or hairy legs, or a lady with a beard, then theyre instantly outcasted because its not the norm. which is a shame.

and while i wish i could walk around all hairy and proud.. i had a mass shaving sess this morning and im SO smooth right now haha. roll on tomorrow when the stubble shows..

10. stbalaji2u

stbalaji2u Member

rightly said.. when someone is engaged in romance or sex whe a female has much hair that will affect both of them

11. SpaceChive

SpaceChive Member

Well, I haven't shaved my pits for quite a few months now and I dont feel troubled by it at all. I dont have a lot of hair under my armpits but its easy to see though.
    I dont mind, because its supposed to grow there, and its really very stupid people are so hung up on that kinda thing.
    You know, I personally dont care if people shave or not. Maybe more people shouldnt care and then shaving can be optional for everyone exept for being forced on people by others.
    God even people with no leghair shave, its total nonsense :S

12. SoaringEndlessly

SoaringEndlessly Member

lol before i shaved and thought not shaving was gross, but over the past year i've come to see nothing wrong with it. yesterday my mom was yelling at me about my pits, and im like "now i know why guys dont shave...its kind of like a pride thing." i imagined myself being sad when i shaved lmao. So since it was causing her so much nausea, i shaved and now my pits are smooth:) But i still havent shaved my legs in over 5 months. They're like blonde or something though :D but whatever. I agree with everyone...it grows there for a reason man.

13. Cate8

Cate8 Senior Member

The reason it has a point for me, is it makes me feel that much sexier. :)

14. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

I had a weird sumer. I went on a shaving kick.
    right now the pit fuzz is almost half back (yay) and I'm shaving to my knees, and considering dropping that for winter and probably longer.
    Like China, I had this sense of non conformity, but I'm the same radical, fuzz or no.

15. Fajardo

Fajardo Banned

Shaving is good but it has a side effect.. try to use brazilian wax its better..

16. ChangeHappens

ChangeHappens Member

Yeah, if my girlfriend wouldnt shave, I would not really admit that I have emotional reactions about that were negative and stew in some uncomfort.

Now that I work, I have less time to change my stress levels and I really just kind of enjoy the simplicity of things.

17. IdentityCrisis

IdentityCrisis Member

Personally, I thought it was funny (and I don't shave). I thought your response had the bad attitude.

18. antithesis

antithesis Hello

I go back and forth... it really depends on how I feel. Right now I am in a non-shaving mode... but I feel beautiful and not at all like Sasquatch.

19. Bassline514

Bassline514 Member

I shave... but not always regularly. ;) LOL I tend to forget to shave my legs once in a while because my hair is really pale and sparse, so it's only noticeable when it's really long. I'm comfortable with wearing revealing clothes while my legs are not perfectly shaved, it's not appearant. I pay more attention to my armpits and pubic hair though, since I'm dating regularly.

20. RollinBelle

RollinBelle Member

I shave my pits regularly, but otherwise I don't see the point. I live in freakin' MONTANA. It's cold as shit, I never wear shorts or dresses....my boyfriend lives in Seattle...and honestly, I don't think he would care even if he was here to witness it haha. I'll shave if I'm going to be showing off my legs, and that's about it. Waste of time in my opinion!