I skip school way too much.

Discussion in 'True Confessions' started by rebelfight420, May 12, 2007.

1. PLURx3

PLURx3 Member

hehe, I do that too. I dont go get high or do stupid shit either. I normally write in a journal if there is nobody to hang out with. I dont get the point of most of the classes we take anyways. There is some much more important things to be learning and doing then playing handball in gym or some insane equations in math that can never really apply to the world after that forty five minutes.

2. Kether

Kether Member

I get what you're saying, but then again, you're using a computer. I'm sure all the people who worked on creating the computer needed a bit of maths. Apart from developing your mind and logical thinking abilities, the fact is many people want to go to college after school, and lots of courses need basic maths(because lets face it, the maths done in high school is really basic). Try learning all the maths you did in school as well as your regular college course work, you'll recognise the value.

3. PLURx3

PLURx3 Member

You're right, Kether. I suppose I do take things they teach me for granted. I mean somehow they have to be useful or they wouldn't be bothering to teach it to us, heck and you're right.. I probably wouldn't be on this computer if everyone cut math everyday :eek:

4. lovelyhippo

lovelyhippo Member

I faked sick so much times this year because i can't stand school. I don't learn anything, i mean i do but i just forget it later. I learn much more on the net and reading books. its my final year and can't wait 'till its over.

5. Kaid

Kaid Member

My grandpa used to tell me that life is a mountain full of ledges. You are building your ladders at the moment. Once you start to climb it is very hard to come back down and build more. So therefore you better build your ladders taller then you want to acheive. Its corny but I can tell you it what life is like. Don't close your own doors, there will be plenty of people trying to do it for you.

6. dready_kolo

dready_kolo Banned

Last year I skipped the lessons I didn't like. However this year I go to all of my lessons as the Uni's I will be applying to will see my attendance

7. Freedom_Man

Freedom_Man Senior Member

fuck yeah, i love to skip school, i got in alot of trouble for it, but its so much fun, getting with a group of friends and just walking round town talkin and just relaxing, i dont really find anything in school that interests me, cept psychology and hanging out with friends. really man i fuckin dream of just traveling with my friends playing music getting high and talking about life and philosophy and all that good shit. fuck school.

they think you're out doing stupid shit like meth or getting into big trouble, wtf were just chilling out doing what WE wanna do.

8. rebelfight420

rebelfight420 Banned

^ right on!

9. Freedom_Man

Freedom_Man Senior Member

yeah, they honestly think they're helping you, i dont have anything against education and knowledge its great, but not the way its set up, they make education seem like a bad thing, they should put more hands on stuff in school, and put more of an emphasis on socializing to.

10. rydns

rydns Member

I disagree with you if you mean that "School" alone teaches responsability and social skills... I have been homseschooled almost all my life (except 2nd-4th) and am now very socailable... I play music around my town quite a bit and get out more than my most of my freidns in public school... I am also on a credit system thru NARS... and have a formal education along with money mangement and my choice of any other education ( outside of school, by myself for my benafit)...

Im sorry to jump on that but i hear the "public school gives you social sklls" agrgument alot.. even tho i belive a child who is not pushed to do things in homeschooling or are taught in more naturalistic and home ec. ways they can become a little socaily inept... but that dosent mean state or private educations GIVE you social skills is true... when you look at masacres to general dysfunction in schools is very obvious that is a fallacy
    -peace
    -rydns

11. MamaTheLama

MamaTheLama Too much coffee

Ummmm.... *trying to be nice* *trying to be nice*...ok....I can't do it so I'm just going to log off now.....