I Should Be Slapped

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by honeyhannah, May 12, 2004.

1. antithesis

antithesis Hello

I take a multi-vitamin, but I have been thinking that I should take some additional vitamins.

I do need pasta and breads though. I get really sick if I don't eat them. I went for a couple months of just eating vegetables and fruit and I lost about 10 pounds and I was still eating the same amount. And I felt terrible.

Lately I have been cutting back a lot on the sugar, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything.

2. NaykidApe

NaykidApe Bomb the Ban

everybody's metabolism is different. Some ppl can get by on mostly protien and do just fine, others can do the same with carbs.

7rivers has a good point though; nutrition effects your mood/ energy level/ focus etc.

I was recovering from an accident a few years ago and I was chronically depressed though most of the recovery until I started taking extra vitamin C , niacin, and started chugging liquid protien. My mood changed, outlook improved almost immediately. I'm not recommending this particular regimen for anybody, just using it to show why I say nutrition effects, almost DETERMINES your state of mind.

3. antithesis

antithesis Hello

Oh, I definitely agree that nutrition is extremely important. But I agree with you Naykid, that the particular diet one should follow depends entirely upon the individual person. I think that if I started eating fish again, I would feel better.

4. makno

makno Senior Member

In Manhatten The 4 Basic Food Groups Are Nicotine Caffine Sugar And Dyactylmorphine

5. 7river

7river on a distinguished path

yep i agree too. the info i gave was for symptoms of depression. have you tried brown rice to supplement the pasta and bread? or other grains quinoa or spelt?

anyway i highly recommend this book. it is an excellent guildline. some call it the nutrition bible. it is very well respected on the east coast. i think everything should be questioned but i use this book a lot.

[​IMG]

6. 7river

7river on a distinguished path

you live in the city?

7. antithesis

antithesis Hello

I eat a lot of brown rice (I never eat white) and I also eat a lot of quinoa and cous-cous. Also, the pasta that I eat is whole wheat pasta.

8. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I've days like that too... have days where I just don't do anything, even though theres TONS to do...

9. lynsey

lynsey Banned

errr I can't get anything done but don't slap me that would hurt :)

10. AquaSquish

AquaSquish Member

after two loony bin stints for depression and over a year on prescriptions, i agree with you.
    go outside in the sunshine an go for a walk. get a dog (mine reminds me daily of how wonderful life is. not to mention i have to go walk him). cut out processed sugars and caffiene. both are really bad for your head. eat balanced meals with fruit and veggies. get regular sleep. recruit a friend to pull you out of the house. use music therapy to adjust your moods.
    i've been pretty well stable for several years now. sure, i still have panic attacks and manic and depressive phases, but i've learned ways ro head a lot of them off before they get really bad. i'm sooo much happier than i was 10 years ago. of course i couldn't have done any of it without my "family".
    -