I shaved my head

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Smelly Socks, May 22, 2007.

1. Krsna Bhakti

Krsna Bhakti d-_-b JAMMING

Well its not like He made love to them, they just danced for Him lol :tongue: But yes, He is most definitley the Enjoyer, but not in a human way, such as sense gratification. We enjoy life because He enjoys life, and vice versa. So, no, definitley not Hedonistic.

2. Krsna Bhakti

What a wonderful painting! Hare Krsna [​IMG]

3. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

So theoretically, one cannot enjoy life without Krsna?

I'm glad that he was "The Enjoyed" and not "The anal masturbator".

4. Krsna Bhakti

Yes and No.

Yes, because He is the essence of existance, wether physical or spiritual, so according to my belieft, no, One can not enjoy life without Krsna, simply because Krsna is part and parcel to us.
    and
    No, because if one chooses to worship the demi gods, or to not worship any gods, to simply enjoy life as they see fit, Krsna allows them to. He gives us free will after all.

But, in my opinion, MY OPINION! no one can fully understand the true meaning of the word happiness until one surrenders all enjoyment to Krsna. But, again, this is how I see it, not how you see it :)

5. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

so who is that guy fondling all those naked milk maids and shepherdesses in the paintings?

6. Krsna Bhakti

Well, I dont know what paintings you speak of, but if such paintings exist then they mean nothing because they are mere works of men. The Bhagavad Gita is the only book I base my belief on since it is the word of Krsna speaking to Arjuna. YOu may say that the Gita is also a work of men, which it is because men print the books, but it is my belief that Krsna spoke those words to Arjuna. And if you doubt me, have you ever read the Gita? Just curious thats all :)

7. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

i've had some experience with them, yes. one of my ex's family friends was a dancer and an avid lover of krsna. she had a huge art collection. mind you, i wandered through there a very long time ago, as a teenager. i recall one of the paintings was "krsna and his favorite shepherdess" or something like that. very beautiful painting. i got why he was so popular. then there's the funnier pictures, like him stealing the women's clothes and all that good stuff.

8. Krsna Bhakti

haha well, there are stories of His youth and his pastimes, but they only make intersting reads for me. But I agree some of his paintings are absolutley beautiful, and their are funny stories about Him :)

9. broony

broony Banned

Congrats on getting the buzz cut. I think it takes guts for a women to do that. The best part of getting a shaved head is our course, THE FIRST SHOWER. =D

10. Krsna Bhakti

Yes, I agree with all that you said.

11. Weaveworld

Weaveworld wayward

So is this krsna guy any relation to Pan, or the Green Man? Seems to be somewhat similar, but then I've never read up on him.

On topic. I thought Britney took too much flack for shaving her head. It amazed me that people cared, that it was at all considered news was messed up.
    I did not follow any of the other stupid shit she did, but the public's reaction speaks for itself.
    It does take some guts to shave your head as a woman today though it's silly that it does. I think it'd be hard for me to pull off. You on the other hand, (I peeked at yer pics) you wear it well. :)

12. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Krsna is a pretty non-judgemental god... that's pretty cool.

13. Krsna Bhakti

He says that we are all stuck in the cycle known as Samasara, birth and death, until we recognize Him as God and when we can connect to Him through Krsna Conciousness. THen, when we die, as long as our mind is fixed on Him, we do not come back to a life of misery filled with birth, disease, old age, and death. Instead, we go to, well, I dont think we can explain that place ;)

14. Posthumous

Posthumous Resident Smartass

Uh, no. That would be Buddha. Me thinks you are confused.

15. Krsna Bhakti

Sorry my friend, Krsna has been talking about samsara since 3000 years BEFORE Buddha. Me thinks YOU are confused. And in actuallity, many believe that Krsna was the 8th incarnate of Vishnu, and that Buddha was the tenth.
    And beyond that, Buddha doesnt say that we need to recognize him as God in order to step permanatley outside of Samasra.

16. Posthumous

Well I am the 12th incarnation of Vishnu, and I say the revelation you erroneously attribute to the 8th incarnation was not realized until the 5th Century BCE.

17. Krsna Bhakti

ye tu sarvani karmani
    mayi sannyasya mat-parah
    ananyenaiva yogena
    mam dhyayanta upasate

tesam aham samuddharta
    mrtyu-samsara-sagarat
    bhavami na cirat partha
    mayy avesita-cetasam

"For one who worships Me, giving up all his activities unto Me and being devoted to Me without deviation, engaged in devotional service and always meditating upon Me, who has fixed his mind upon Me, O son of Prtha, for him I am the swift deliverer from the ocean of birth and death. "

18. Krsna Bhakti

Chandogya Upanishad is from 900 BCE my friend. And Bhaktiyoga to Krsna has gone on since at least 7-9th century. One of the oldest religions on the Earth.
    And BTW, their is only 10 incarnations of Vishnu, not 12.
    Samasra simply mean material existance, it is not like Buddha invented the term, he simply found liberation from it 3000 years after Krsna told us how to.

19. Posthumous

Wrong again. Padmasambhava was 11, and then there's me, so that makes 12.

20. Weaveworld

Weaveworld wayward

So the guy with the flute bears no relation to Pan?

Sorry, there are too many gods for me to keep up with.