I play female characters in video games!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by SpaceSissy, Feb 14, 2020.

1. SpaceSissy

SpaceSissy Expert Knob Polisher

And I am a guy! Why do I feel compelled to do this? Seriously I have never understood it! Am I gay? Do I subconsciously wish I was a girl? Does anyone else here do the same? Why do you think you do it? What do you think about this practice?

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i do sometimes, although i don't think i ever do it on my first play through. but i like to have some variety, so sometimes it's fun to create a crazy girl character that goes around in slutty armor blowing shit up.

3. Maybe it's just your preference to play as female characters? There doesn't have to be an underlying meaning but that doesn't mean there isn't.

4. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I think I did this when I played Tomb Raider

And Chun Li in Street Fighter

Mustard Tiger likes this.
  5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I prefer to play as a male.

6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

some games have different dialog options depending on your gender. sometimes an entire mission can be won by flirting with someone rather than traveling halfway across the map to fight your way through a cave. so if you're going to play those games more than once, it actually kind of makes sense to do it once as a male and once as a female.

7. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

It's probably simply because you like the option to play as a different person than you actually are. Esp in rpgs i understand why people go with such an opposite choice than to who they are
    My male friend does this all the time (gta5, rdr2) and got regularly jokingly teased about it from other friends when playing online. But really, wth wouldn't you if you like this option? It doesn't (have to) mean anything.

That being said: I usually go with a male character.

8. Asmodean

You don't have a choice in Tomb raider?

9. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Oh shit, I better start doing some deep probing like the Op.

Mustard Tiger likes this.
  10. Asmodean

I hate slutty armor! Seriously makes it harder taking a setting seriously. And yeah, im all about immerging myself in a fun setting. Hence i never got into Final fantasy games for example :p

11. Gul Dukat

Gul Dukat Kanar, anyone?

It’s funny
    I’m friends with a Dutch guy on PSN, who was in my MC in GTAV whose character was female.

12. Asmodean

I love how she looks in the reboots. Don't mind looking at her all the way through at all :D I did find it curious it was professed that because she looked more realistic than ever and didn't have those big pointers on her chest anymore she's not a sex symbol anymore, which was found good and important. But i personally thought she looked sexier than ever before... I still have to start the third one (rise of the tomb raider i think? )

edit: Rise of the tomb raider was the second one, with the awesome part in a syrian tomb at the start, and lots of snow later. Shadow of the tomb raider is the latest!

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  13. Asmodean

He sucks at english, so doubt its him :p

14. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

[​IMG]

really, i'm kind of in between there. sometimes i'll actually sacrifice some stats to make my character look the way they should in the particular setting, and sometimes it doesn't seem to matter as much. it just depends on the game, both how immersing the setting is, and how stat based the fighting is.

i think my last female character was in fallout, either 3 or new vegas. she basically walked around in some leather underwear (it was raider armor, i think). but it offered terrible protection, so it wasn't immersion killing. she was an evil character who liked to blow shit up with rocket launchers from a distance, so she didn't get hit that often anyway.

15. Gul Dukat

Gul Dukat Kanar, anyone?

Haha ah ok. Yeah this dude’s english is pretty spot on.

16. Asmodean

I basically don't dig female warriors period in a medieval (fantasy) setting, but if there are some id like them to be realistic. So a piece of iron shoulder armor and some skimpy dress with bare arms and legs is just silly. I'm not completely at odds with sluts or sexy women (as already mentioned regarding Lara Croft ;)), but they can't look like on as a cunning warrior. Those games are automatically a tad less interesting to me (hence it also influenced why i went with Skyrim at the time rather than the Witcher)

17. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

As a teen I'd get a boner playing Ms. Pacman. It made me feel...sexy!

18. Gul Dukat

Gul Dukat Kanar, anyone?

I hate to sound basic but yeah, scantily clad women in any setting doesn’t really bother me.

19. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

hmm, i'm still early in the game, but i think so far all the strong women i've come across are magic based (except ciri, i don't know the lore and haven't gotten far enough to know what her deal is), so armor wouldn't really be a thing anyway. but yeah, skyrim's female warriors definitely weren't out there showing skin as far as i can remember.

20. Asmodean

It's not about if women are portrayed as strong or not for me. But if they're nonsensically sexy, for only one obvious reason. And lets face it, they don't look like sexbombs when they're medieval warriors.