I passed my 701 exam now to pass the 702

Discussion in 'Computers and The Internet' started by jmt, Aug 23, 2013.

1. jmt

jmt Ezekiel 25:17

Took the 701 yesterday and I got the 702 on tuesday morning.

Very detailed test I must say.

2. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

I have my A+ and CCNA2. Did it about 7 years ago. I had the best scores in my class on both software and hardware. I found hardware pretty easy because I'v been playing with PC's since the early days and remember manually setting up IRQ and DMA addresses on soundcards and what not to play old DOS games. I found CCNA a little rougher because I had no experience networking and the subnet masking and cisco access commands can get quite insane. I've forgotten 95% of it now though because I never use it.

3. Death

Death Grim Reaper Lifetime Supporter

I was a+ certified in 2001 with computers older than dirt then.... I can't help but feel that it is useless. Even now if i told an employer that they would laugh at me i'm sure.

4. Death

but congratulations

5. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

I still get Comp TIA junk mail for upgrading and shit.

6. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

not really, the majority of your knowledge in 2001 is still very applicable today. The basics are still the basics.

OS's have gotten so "user friendly" that I meet people who are recent tech grads and shit and if they don't have a GUI to work with, forget it.

Though rarely used, knowing DOS and old shit like that has saved the day many times in my experience.
    I have met kids working at Best Buy in the friggin' Geek Squad who didn't know what I was talking about when I told him to use FDISK to partition to avoid getting that little fucking stub of 8mbyte of unallocated space that can happen with some third party or Windows partitioning software.
    kid was clueless if it didn't have a pretty icon to click. :rolleyes:

7. jmt

Am not completely done till tuesday morning. I feel so much pressure.

8. Ol' Zeus

Ol' Zeus Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Congrats! That is a great accomplishment at any level. Keep up the good work.

9. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

Good for you JMT!! :)

10. Death

that's best buy though. They're mostly there to sell you shit. And to be honest I don't think I even remember anything about DOS except how to list directories and change drives. I don't remember any of the operators except /p, or any of the commands. I probably remember more about Commodore BASIC than I do for DOS. It's probably because I never work with it.. But i can google my way through anything..

11. jmt

I fcuking passed!! Am a plus certified!

12. Death

congrats brah