I never got to go camping...

Discussion in 'Camping/Outdoor Living' started by inbloom, Aug 18, 2005.

1. inbloom

inbloom as the crow flies...

This whole summer, ALL I wanted to do was go camping, and I never got to. And now, it's part-way through August, and my girlfriend gets to go camping this weekend, and I have to stay home. This blows, by the time I get the chance, it'll be too cold. :(

Someone take me camping!!!

2. boothy

boothy Senior Member

Just go, it's simple, get your tent, go alone of with a mate, go to the countryside, a nice deserted area, pitch up, and enjoy.

Why is it excactly you can't go? Whatever it is, I hope you get to go soon :D

3. soulofthetrees33

soulofthetrees33 Member

ya man. just go by yourself... its really enlightening...

4. Oz!

Oz! Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

tis, used to be (and will be again when i got time) one of me fave pastimes...nothing as liberating as just packing a bag and going on a wander :)

5. inbloom

Yeah, that's what I should do. I'd love to go on my own, but I really wanted to share the experience with my gf.

The reason I haven't been able to go, is because, well I don't have any money. I'm in new in town, have no job, and don't know anyone or where to go. So, I'm kind of out of luck from all sides.

6. soulofthetrees33

soulofthetrees33 Member

dont you find it strange that you want to go camping into the wilderness and youre concerned about money? i say fuck it, grap a tarp some rope, a sleeping back and go.

7. inbloom

What would I eat?? How would I get there??? Those things take money.

8. lostdazedintime

lostdazedintime Fucked in the head

jack some food from the walmart and hitch there, or you could WALK

9. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

First of all, whether you go alone or with others, its not too late to camp. What's wrong with autumn camping? No bugs, no sweaty days, cool crisp nights, fall colors (depending on where you live)... plus, the heavy camping season is over, so you won't have so many touristy types all over. Just the real, camping type...the best type of people.

You have enough money to eat now, right? I don't see why that's a problem; some oatmeal, minute rice, tuna or sardines, cereal, instant coffee, nuts, etc...the stuff isn't THAT expensive. As far as transportation? There might be some busses. I don't know your situation, how broke you are, etc, so this may be worthless advice, but it might help. Where there's a will there's a way, don't be so negetive.

10. HippyLandscaper

HippyLandscaper learning a new way

I used to go camping by myself all the time, a lot of the time it was funner. Now it is usually my wife and I, but equally fun. With some one else there, there is always the discussion of what to do, who does what, and you try to plan so that you can both hang out and do things together. By yourself you do what you want when and how you want, there is no feeling of obligation. Where you from? I go camping about every weekend. My wife is pregnant and really fair skinned, so I don't really take her on long canoe trips right now, but I've been wanting to take a canoe/camping trip. Basic supplies, canoe a few hours, set up camp on the sand bar. I just want to wait untill the kid is born, I could imagine that she would go into labor about 2 hours into my trip, that would suck.

11. inbloom

Well, I suppose you're right about the autumn camping. I'm going to look into that.

I don't have enough money to eat right now, technically. I'm living with my gf at her mum's house, and I'm kind of leeching, right now. (let's not get into that, I already feel horrible enough about it) I am 100% completely broke. I don't have a job, and it's just getting harder all the time to find one. So, I literally don't even have a penny to my name.

12. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

I see man. You know, there's always jobs out there, they just tend to suck. Like fast food sorts of jobs. But it's better than nothing, and you can keep looking for a better job while you're there. And what about unemployment? Anyways, good luck to you.

13. flmkpr

flmkpr Senior Member

so your living with your girlfreind shes going camping and shes not takeing you? go to the food bank get a couple of cans of beans or soup or just go and fast for the weekend! so were are you you can camp out here ill feed ya for a couple days!

14. inbloom

Yeah, it was just an outing she had planned with her friends for awhile. Plus, it was at some festival and cost like $160 to get in. So, again, blah.

Heh, thanks for the offer flmkpr, but I think you probably live quite a long ways away from me, hehe. I live in Canada.

And Trippin, yeah, I was thinking of getting a job at a fast food place, just to get SOMETHING at least. I need to make some money, and quick.

15. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I feel the same way. used to love to go. My wife, my friends seem to have grown out of it. Some of the outdoor clubs are nice. but i'd like to party out in the woods.