i need your help!

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by chakori, May 11, 2004.

1. chakori

chakori Member

hi, guys!
    im a student at the university of magdeburg and i prepare a presentation on hippies`culture for my Introduction into culture course "six feet under". Actually, my task is to present not only hippy culture itself, but also to show, what is the attitude of people, who enjoy this cultural background, to Death. so i wanted to make a servey. Id be very thankful if you could help me. any opinions are welcomed.
    Thank you.
    aum!
    chakori.

2. bradleydontpush

bradleydontpush Member

that's actually a very good question. I don't know about the whole cultures look on it, but my personal belief on the subject would be that we go back into another form of life (was that considered a ongoing sentence?). I see everyone and everything as the same being. When we die we just leave our physical selfs, and become another part of the whole. That's just how I see it, from noticing the events, and emotions I've felt towards them. What's really cool is from our spirit we can affect other spirits very strongly. The energy released and taken in affects your spirit and others around yours. A good website that shows this is
    http://www.alexgrey.com/ This really shows the transfigurmation of the soul.
    Well hope that helped!

Much Love

3. Fishndude

Fishndude Member

I know one thing about the 60s and the early 70s hippie culture,most of them today drive BMW's and live uptown.

4. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

I'd be happy to partake in your survery (PM me when you're ready or whatever)

As a brief summary I don't really subscribe to any religions ideas about death (do what we say and experience paradise sounds like marketing scam to me).
    It doesn't even really bother me much, everyone has to die sometime so we might as well buck up and face it. What happens after death, well I don't know or care. I'm more concerned with making the most of my life, the thought of death is usually just a little prompt to consider if I am or not.
    (I'm a secular humanist / agnostic)

Hippys tend to have a very broad mix of attitudes and religions. So it would be hard to make generalisations. Many seem to learn towards eastern and/or pagan religions if that's a help.

TTFN

Sage

5. chakori

chakori Member

hi, everybody!!!
    ive just read your answers, guy. thank you very much. with every answer of yours i get some more possibilities to open my topic and to reflect in it more about what real people think about death.(not taking just some general opinions from books or whatever...) it is precious! thank you all. and i still waiting for any of your ideas and opinions. i promise to represent every ianswer i receive on this forum in my presentation. it is so interesting!
    aum!
    chakori.

6. bradleydontpush

bradleydontpush Member

hey chakori,
    when you get down with your paper you should e-mail it to me so I can read what you came up with. Much Love!

The Dangerous Badger

7. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

When I die, I look forward to my ashes becoming part of the earth once again. I look forward to my journey down streams and rivers as my ashes are washed away. I look forward to joining to ocean and eventually going into a subduction trench and being pushed deep down into the earth. I don't really believe in an afterlife though.

8. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

as for religions i agree with some of the previous posts, i dont think as a whole, hippies have one belief as to the fate of your soul once you die. Personally, i believe that once you die, your energy or soul or whatever you want to call it is passed on to another life. I think everyone lives on through someone else and everything you were since your first life, is passed along with it. I dont know if im making sense of this, because sometimes i can barely make sense of it myself, but for me it's a really great belief system, because i know that somewhere, sometime, i will live on, and fulfill all the things ive ever wanted. I try not to worry too much about what will happen when i die, i'm more concerned about doing as much as i can today to enjoy the life i have now. :)

In my opinion, God makes people lazy. I TOTALLY agree with this satement "do what we say and experience paradise sounds like marketing scam to me" I think "God" and "The Bible" make people increadibly lazy. I'm going to quote the greatest verse ever written... "Imagine there's not heaven, it isnt hard to do. No hell below us; above us only sky. Imagine all the people, living for today" If the world believed this i think we would have a much more free spirited connection to life than we do now.

9. Papillon

Papillon Member

[​IMG] About what in my mind that defines a hippie is someone with an open mind to all the posibilities. A free spirit along with a deep generousity about life. Compassion and solidarity for life beings, gaia .
    Got a neet web site full of video and audio files. Singer song writers. Alternative culture and a lot more. Check it out and I will look forward to see how your work goes.
    Peace
    Papillon
    http://beadsongs.org

10. Dakota's Mom

Dakota's Mom Senior Member

I lived in the 60's and early 70's. I don't drive a BMW and I don't know where uptown is. Not all of us are sellouts.

Kathi

11. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

Wouldn't it be better to just sign out a couple books at the library about it?