I need tunes

Discussion in 'Music' started by captaintrips, Aug 21, 2005.

1. captaintrips

captaintrips Member

I just got my new comp. set up... havn't been on the web for a while. I was wonderin were i can find a sick selection of shows or mp3s to download. I used to have kazaa but thats why i had to get a new comp. Ive gotten everything i can off of Nugs.net as well. Im lookin for mostly jam bands and techno stuff. Any help is appreciated.

ps... does anyone out there like HYDRA?

2. rainbowpower

rainbowpower Member

If it's techno you're lookin for, then i have to say, CAPTAIN JACK!!!

3. Laura-the-flowergirl

Laura-the-flowergirl Long haired child

I can advice you Soulseek. The chance on spyware or virusses is a lot smaller than when you work with Kazaa or Limewire. I haven't got any problems with it, and I'm using it for already two years, so.. :)

4. localhippy

localhippy Senior Member

u get absolutely no spyware with limewire, ive always used it.

5. Trickster's Child

Trickster's Child Banned

Your local music retailer, or if you insist on having it on your computer, Itunes. Fucking pirates

6. localhippy

localhippy Senior Member

im sure youve never ever downloaded a song before...

7. boothy

boothy Senior Member

^It's a rip off at retail price, and most artists don't get any money from album sales, it all comes from doing gigs. The record companies get the money from the actual CD sales.

I'd say LimeWire for individual songs, check out www.torrentspy.com and the whole BitTorrent system for entire albums.

8. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

9. Trickster's Child

Trickster's Child Banned

I know its a rip off, and acutally artists dont get money from sales until they pay back the advance that their given, which most decent artists can do after their second album.

And people (not you personally Boothy, people in general) seem to think that the record companies just give it all to the bosses. You have to remember that theres marketing people, the producers, the roadies etc etc etc to pay. At the end of it the record company doesnt make that much more profit from each sale than the band does purely cause theres so many people that need paying.

Considering in many places you can get a cd for £10.99 or less I'd hardly say its as much of a rip off as the days when you we're paying £15 or more for the same thing