I need SOUP recipes!

Discussion in 'Vegetarian Recipes' started by Silly Angel, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Luxiebow

Luxiebow Senior Member

mmmm,I love soup^-^it's my favourite:)I think the best kind of soup is one full of lots of delicious veggies and tonnes of herbs to make is all flavorsome.Here's a recipie for yummy vegeteable broth:

knob of butter
    1 large onion chopped thinly
    2 heaped tbs of flour
    5 large potatoes squared
    3 long carrots cut into thick strips
    1 large courgette choppped
    2 sticks of celery
    vegetable stock cube
    salt and pepper

1. melt butter in pan,add onion and stir
    2. add in flour and reduce heat, mix together
    3. throw in all your veggies and almost cover with water
    4. add stock cube and leave to boil for 20/25 mins
    5. sprinkle in some salt and pepper and serve

it is soo tasty and simple to make. obviously you can use whichever veggies you want. try it out!

Luxy
    x x x

2. baloon

baloon Member

I can give you my recipe for a cream of mushroom....
    buy a whole bunch of mushrooms, coupole potyatoes, carrots (optional ) and parsnip (optional) you also need garlic, flour, oil, vegeta, pepper, paprika and basil (optional)
    wash the mushrooms, i always take the top layer of skin offthem, just the caps tho... and cut a lil off of the stems at the bottom. put a lil oil in the big pot, and let it heat, then add the mushrooms - sliced
    when the musrooms loose all the water, add some water/ milk ( i add water to milk, cause it takes more for it to boil over the pot) and bring it to boil
    meanwhile, peel and cut potatoes into little cubes and add to the water with mushrooms. you can add other vegetables, and the n mash them through that metal thing with a mesh (whatever its called, sorry for my english)
    soup base: let oil heat up in a little pan, add minced garlic, cook until gold, add pepper and paprika, and then couple spoonfuls of flour. add milk, and stir until flour dissolves. add into soup.
    spices : add just before you turn the heat off

3. Luxiebow

Luxiebow Senior Member

this is my all time favourite sweetcorn chowder:

50g butter
    1 large onion cut into small cubes
    3 garlic cloves finely chopped
    125g potatoes,cut into small cubes
    300ml milk
    600ml veggie stock
    750g fresh/frozen sweetcorn kernals,drained
    65ml single cream
    2 teaspoons lime juice
    salt and pepper

1. Melt butter in a large saucepan, then add onion and garlic and fry over a gentle heat until soft. Add the potato and cook for a few mins. Add the milk, stock, salt and pepper and bring to the boil. Then turn down the heat so the soup is simmering and cook for 10-15mins.

2. Add the sweetcorn,bring back to the boil and simmer for another 10-15mins.

3. Pour three-quaters of the soup into a blender and blend until smooth. Add the soup left in the pan and bring back to the boil again.

4. Add more salt and pepper if it needs it then stir in the cream and lime juice, adding a little extra stock if it's too thick. Heat the chowder until it just starts to boil. Dish up straight away.

honestly this soup is so freakin' good! Enjoy!

4. Gniknus

Gniknus Member

Ingredients:
    6 peeled, chopped, and boiled potatoes
    1 carrot peeled and chopped and boiled
    1 half onion
    3 cloves of garlic
    1 tsp salt
    1 tsp olive oil

Mince onion and garlic, saute in a pot with olive oil until translucent. add salt, and stir.
    blend potatoes and carrots in a food processor or blender. Mix it together with garlic mix. garnish with kale.

Yield: 2 bowls of soup

5. GHOSTCRAB

GHOSTCRAB Banned

If pepino melons are available, they can be used in place of the cucumbers.

6. Colin4May

Colin4May Guest

Here's a good soup recipe found at: http://theideaskitchen.co.uk/cook/recipe-finder/recipe/?rid=1

Serves 4
    2 minutes
    23 minutes
    Course
    Starters & Snacks
    Dish
    3 litre (6 pt) bowl
    Over accessory
    glass turntable
    Course
    NN-CT870WBPQ, NN-CT880MBPQ, NN-CT890SBPQ

• 25g (1oz) butter
    • 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
    • 700g (1½ lb) peeled carrots, sliced
    • 700ml (1¼ pints) vegetable stock
    • grated zest of ½ orange
    • 90ml (6tbsp) orange juice
    • 60ml (4tbsp) crème fraiche
    • salt & black pepper
    • 15ml (1tbsp) fresh chives, cut into pieces

7. GHOSTCRAB

GHOSTCRAB Banned

In a large bowl whisk together 3 cups tomato juice, 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth (chilled), 1 tsp hot sauce, 1/2 tsp celery salt, freshly ground black pepper, 1 green bell pepper, 1 red bell pepper, 1 orange bell pepper, 1 bunch radishes, 1 red onion, 3 ripe tomatoes, all finely diced, 1 English cucumber, seeded & finely diced, 1/2 cup minced fresh dill, and stir to combine. Chill and serve with your favorite crusty bread.