I need help finding and purchasing a brand new moped.

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Death, Aug 12, 2013.

1. deviate

deviate Senior Member

Exactly. Pot metal special. Even their youtube video is so cheap it almost broke my computer.

Lol. I bet those castings are so full of air.

2. deviate

deviate Senior Member

Btw, I would prefer 2 stroke on something like this.

This thread just brought back memories but here's the deal with Tomos.

They have oil injection under the seat. So you put your 2 stroke oil in there and make sure it stays full like you would a gas tank. Then you can roll up to any gas pump and fill the fuel tank. You don't need to premix.

3. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

dumb ass, just buy the electric and stop bitching

4. Death

Death Grim Reaper Lifetime Supporter

cheap airy malleable metal is why i ditched the china girl motorized bicycle project.

I read that the SSR was a honda clone, so market for parts was claimed to be easy. but I thought honda was quality...

I saw a vid of the underseat oil injection setup. that looks nifty.
    OK back to looking at tomos.

5. deviate

deviate Senior Member

It's not malleable, that shit's gonna crack if you sneeze in its direction.

You want a Honda? Get one of these:

[​IMG]

6. Death

i cant find a drop ship place for shit..

this is getting very aggravating

7. Death

I think I'm going to call Heeters first thing when I wake up. Hopefully they tell me they have a tomos sprint with pedals, just like the website indicates. Now if i can talk my wife into driving the 3 hours each way to get it in her uncle's minivan or if i should just get it shipped....

http://www.heeters.com/mopeds.shtml

I really hope this thing serves me for at least 10,000 miles, provided I don't lose interest or wreck it.

8. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

9. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

10. Death

at first i thought you made that on like quickmeme or something but then I was wondering how you could have a moped rally in the middle of winter, then i was like, oh yeah there's no winter in AZ. Great find

11. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

word of advice

if you have safesearch disabled ...DO NOT do an image search using the words "death" and "moped"

trust me on that

12. deleted

deleted Visitor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCMoBvpJSso"]Swiffer SweeperVac commercial who's that lady - YouTube

13. Death

ha ridiculous.. did you watch the vid? That dude loves him some wheelies

I bet fifteen years ago i would have been all over it, but i think I have decided to live.. Cool concept though. Even on a regular mountain bike, the middle spring type, they throw my bunny-hop and curb jumping abilities way off, and would prefer straight solid framing.

14. Death

i can only imagine... Sometimes i catch myself by surprise and think "wtf was I thinking putting this combination of words into a searchbar"

15. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Ok Mr. Death this is very importan if ohio has the same laws as virginia and from what i see they do.

Legally you can have a 50cc motor or less with no insurance ect.ect. like someone mentioned its just a bike with a booster on it. And if you boost up the engine nobody will know.
    Here is the important part if the laws are the same. NEVER FOR ANY REASON DRIVE IT OVER 35MPH...At that speed it turns from a moped into a motorcycle. And as everyone knows a motorcycle needs registration insurance ect. Ect. So if you are caught speeding (or riding on a highway here) you can have a shitload of fines and liscence suspensions. Stay under 35 and on backroads and enjoy your new toy.

Now you just have to go check to see if our two states do in fact have the same laws.

16. Death

I think that's how i understand it is in ohio too.

17. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

I've built several motorized bicycles, and as long as you upgrade the hardware and use loctite on everything you shouldn't have much problems. I rode mine hard almost every day for 2 years without issue.

The hardware that comes with the kit is garbage, but you can get good replacements from hardware stores.

18. Death

tried all that. still sucked. with the amount of reingeneering that needs to be done, I can just work that same amount of time and pay for a real bike

19. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Broom broom, toot toot, honk honk.

20. Death