i need an adventure

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by carnelian, Jan 15, 2005.

1. Crystaleyez

Crystaleyez Member

Yeah. Macleans mag rated treeplenting the third hardest job in the country just below rigging and deep sea welding. lol, its not that hard tho, anyone could do it. Its cool cause you get to hang out in the bush alot with a bunch of like minded people, get in great shape, and you don't pay rent or anything cause you're living in a tent in the bush, so you can save your money. Average planters clear 200 or so day. Good days 300. Some people do 3 or 4 hundred dollars every day, but theyre crazy highballer robots. One guy made 800 dollars in one day last year, but thats just crazy. You get to go in helicopters and see areas of forests that only loggers and bears see. First season you prolly won't make lots and lots but 4 or 5 g if ya work hard. Anywho...it wrecks some peoples bodies so..yeah...and clearcuts can be depressing...sumtimes theres company politics which sucks. I luv it tho.

2. carnelian

carnelian Member

i have no problem saving up money. the thing is that i want to make money while i travel.

3. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

If you don't want to settle for long enough to teach english Theres also egg donership and pickpoketing.

Or if you want something more honest you could try prospecting for gold... You may get lucky.

You know there are some jobs where people get paid to travel and rate hotel rooms... I dunno how you'd land something like that, but if you can forge a good resume, its worth a shot.

You could go to New york and try to start an Art Fad. :D Just chill on the corner, start painting, and don't let anyone else see what you're doing. If somebody does criticise it, just turn your head and sigh like they have no idea what art is. Thats the best way to start a fad.

Find something to do that you'll have fun doing. :D

4. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Lodui again.

heh! that was great. :D

5. carnelian

carnelian Member

yeah that sounds kinda fun :D but if i'm going to start an art fad it has to be in paris, the city of art y'know!

oh my oh my oh my speaking of paris i just remembered something IMPORTANT! so listen up everybody! there's a famous bookstore in paris called "shakespeare and company" where backpackers and writers from all over the world gather and get a place to sleep and food for a couple of hours work in the store every day. if you're travelling europe that is a place you just have to go! i have to go there when i set of.

6. Crystaleyez

Crystaleyez Member

If you save money you don't have to worry as much about making money while you travel. Treeplanting is travelling. You travel to some town waaay up North then move from camp to camp very week or so.
    So maybe you don't want to plant. If you talk to anyone that has travelled they will tell you that it's good to have some money to start off with. After that fate will find you random temporary work here and there. I've picked fruit and worked at temp places while travelling. I used to make jewellery and sell it along the way. If you have a tent and a tiny but warm sleeping bag you usually will not have to pay for a place to sleep. Most hostels have the deal you mentioned above where you can work for a couple hours for your keep. Theres also woofing which is working on organic farms you can get woofing directories. You go work there, they'll give you a bed and plenty of healthy food. A friend of mine paints pictures of businesses and sells them to the businesses. Youcould, like Lodui said get a job in the travel industry. Be a flight attendant. Make tye dyes and sell m along the way.
    Cities always have free food if you know where to look and people like to help travellers. Good luck and have fun sister!

7. Sun_Angel

Sun_Angel Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Heeeeey ,maybe you'll go with us !!!!
    first go here :http://hipforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52719 and read Maon's idea and the come,come,come..!! we are going I don't know where but we 'll earning on the street doing some perfomances,fire-shows,selling jewellery,handmade things.
    We start in July...Maon have a car ,I don't know how many ppl go from UK but for sure some from Poland,then we want return on hippie pilgrimage.How it sound for you? :)

8. carnelian

carnelian Member

that sounds very interesting. i don't have any car or drivers liscense so i'd have to ride with you then. the problem is my paranoia because of my ilness but to get better i maybe just have to go ut in the world and be a part of it? :) how long do you plan the trip to be and what kind of people will be going?