I need advice. Help!

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by kklilveggies, Feb 11, 2009.

1. kklilveggies

kklilveggies Member

I've been seeing this guy for the past few weeks. We've known each other for about a year, and were hooking up on and off for the last six months. On Saturday, I found out that he and one of my really good friends had this conversation through text messaging where she confessed she had feelings for him and he reciprocated. This was at the beginning of January. And I found this out from my friend's boyfriend, who saw the text messages on her phone.

He assured me that he doesn't want to be with her and that he would never cheat on me and that his feelings for her weren't romantic or sexual in any way, and that they hadn't even spoken to each other since that conversation early January, and hadn't seen each other until we went over to her apartment on Saturday night.

We talked the entire thing to death all day Sunday. It's still bugging me.

Last night, he said he would love to be with me. I asked him if he would love to be with her, and he wouldn't answer me because he doesn't want to lie to me. My answer lies there in.

Did I mention that he also moved in with her and her boyfriend on Monday?

Am I being ridiculous? I just feel like, if I'm going to be with someone, I want them to be with only me, physically and emotionally. But he's not. He's still emotionally with her at the same time, not to mention he's now living with her, and I feel like, if I take that risk with him, it's not going to end well. There are so many other variables here and I really need some advice. I really like this guy, and I don't want to end it over this, but I don't know if I can share his heart with someone else.

2. sarahrei

sarahrei ~Lover~

I'm with you here, he sounds like he's got feelings for both of you. I would just leave it and cut your losses.

3. JLynn0116

JLynn0116 Visitor

^^ AGREED. don't put your heart into it, he's obviously not. find yourself someone who thinks of you and only you. good luck

4. KatieMarrie

KatieMarrie Member

:iagree: You deserve better.

5. xander_cage

xander_cage Member

yes, I believe you should end the relationship untill he knows what he wants. Sometimes people don't know what they have untill it's not there anymore.
    Just brake up in a friendly! way. Tell him you like him but you want him to make up his mind. It's going to be hard I know...Don't hope to get back to together after a while, just see what happens. If it's ment to be...

6. missie

missie Member

There’s confusion going on with him too I’m sure. But everything about him seems to be gravitating towards your friend. I agree with xander_cage – break up in a gentle way. Although you care for him, you should want to be with someone who wants to be with you !