I need a good shampoo . . .

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Eavesdrop, May 11, 2007.

1. Eavesdrop

Eavesdrop Member

Alright, so I need a new shampoo. I need a really good one.

Currently, I've been using Pert Plus, and it doesn't to me any justice. It's been drying out my scalp, which isnt the most satisfying thing. Anyone have any suggestions? (regardless of brand name)

Thanks!

- Eaves

2. forwardventure

forwardventure Member

Johnson's Baby Shampoo- Baby shampoo is very gentle, and rinses out very nicely as to not leave a residue like most other shampoos that can contribute to unfavorable hair conditions, itchy scalp, etc. And since it's so gentle it's great for everyday use.

Herbal Essences Rose Hips- I don't know what it is about Herbal Essences Rose Hips shampoo, but it helps my hair maintain a nice balance of oils while still looking and feeling nice and clean.

With both of these shampoos I've never had a problem with dry scalp, and I wash my hair everyday.

My biggest piece of advice would be to avoid conditioner and all other hair products. They might make styling easier and more asthetically pleasing, but they cause major damage to your hair and scalp.

3. Pharoah

Pharoah Member

4. RainbowUnicorn

RainbowUnicorn Member

Hey, Eavesdrop, I've got a couple of suggestions for you--I like Mane 'n' Tail shampoo and conditioner--they make my hair feel terrific! Another shampoo I like is Suave Naturals--especially the Citrus Smoothie one! I like the way it makes my hair feel too! Peace!

5. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap works well for me. I love that stuff. The best soap in the world.

6. guy

guy Senior Member

just bite the bullet and use head and shoulders and get your head in some sunlight. lack of sunlight on your head and skin can cause you problems. stop using products with sodium lauryl sulphate or sodium laureth sulphate they will make your skin itch.

7. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

OK, baby shampoo is a wacky PH so it does not sting the eyes. It is NOT gentle to hair.
    secondly, try CO, condition only. Condish will loosen daily dirt fairly well. A cheap (suave, for example) one is better for this than expensive brands

look it up:
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=9367

8. The_Walrus

The_Walrus Sgt. Pepper

I really like and trust the Aussie brand.

9. flowerpower420

flowerpower420 Member

I second the Dr. Bronner's I love the tingle that it gives you body while using it! And the scent is very invigorating!

10. Avocado Noni

Avocado Noni Member

I also think Dr. Bronners is great. I especially love the hemp varieties, and they are all fair trade now too :)

Dr. Bronners is working with nutiva developing fair trade facilities for many of their products, especially the coconuts they source out from other countries.

11. health_nut

health_nut Member

A good shampoo isn't too hard to find, you just have to know the right criteria to look for. Anything free of harsh chemicals such as SLS (sodium laureth sulfate) which has, by the way, been linked to cancer, is your best bet. After using commercial shampoos for a while and completely drying out my hair, I found this website that sells natural ingredient shampoos that don't contain chemicals.

http://www.remediesdirect.com/sls-free-shampoo.html?a_aid=ff8f7fc9&a_bid=7b9ff856

It's worth a shot

12. knotdirty

knotdirty Over the Rainbow

Dr. Bronners Tea Tree. It'll soothe your scalp.

I haven't tried J.A.S.O.N. shampoo, but I've heard good things about it.

13. natural philosophy

natural philosophy bitchass sexual chocolate

Dr. Bronner's for sure. peppermint or lavender! and if you use the bar, it lasts forever.