i miss those wings

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by MoonjavaSeed, Jan 29, 2005.

1. MoonjavaSeed

MoonjavaSeed Yeah, Toast!

i miss chicken wings....mostly for their sauce....what could i dip in there that would taste ok? :D:D:D

2. NaykidApe

NaykidApe Bomb the Ban

Beef jerky?

3. jamaica

jamaica Member

tofu triangles? those fake nuggets? fries?

4. Elle

Elle Senior Member

I dip fries in barbeque sauce and buffalo wing sauce or hot sauce...whatever it's called.

5. Angel_Headed_Hipster

Angel_Headed_Hipster Senior Member

Get the Gardenburger Chick'n Wings, they are smothered in hot sauce and taste real good.

Peace and Love,
    Dan

6. MoonjavaSeed

MoonjavaSeed Yeah, Toast!

huh? whats gardenburger?

7. peacegal

peacegal Member

Gardenburger is a vegetarian foods company, which sells numerous soy mock meats and other meatless foods. Gardenburger foods are sold in the frozen foods departments of most large grocery store chains in the U.S. I am unsure whether they are sold in any other countries. Here is their website: www.gardenburger.com .
    Morningstar Farms, a vegetarian foods company which is also a very common fixture in U.S. grocery stores at least, also has spicy soy buffalo wings. Here is their website. www.morningstarfarms.com .
    Or you could just get some soy "chicken" patties and dip them in BBQ or wing sauce.

8. gertie

gertie Senior Member

morning star buffalo spiced "wings"

9. jesikhaviolet

jesikhaviolet Member

anything! bread, chips... experiment. that's one of the greatest things about vegitarianism - discovering new ways to do things.

10. PriceCheck

PriceCheck Senior Member

You can make "wings" out of seitan (gluten). Just buy or make some, cut it into the desired sized pieces, I'd say bake the pieces through and then coat them with the sauce, and bake a little more. You probably will find the best way to do it, being a wing lover.

11. MountainGirlie

MountainGirlie Member

Morning star Chik Patties are really good in all dipping sauces, and can be found at most regular grocery stores. They don't taste too chicken like (which i actually prefer) but taste really good with ranch, ketchup, honey mustard...really anything...try that

12. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

I go for potato wedges. It's a junk food craving.
    We also use buffalo wing sauce in beans to add kick (then my sweetie breaks out the habaneros...)

13. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

hey, I was cruising Tribe and the SAME idea is swirling over there. One poster suggested the potato chunks fried, with soy/rice cream "cheese" and the wing sauce...might work. Sounds rich, tho.