i made a list, yankees beware

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by mrsmorrison27, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Politics are awesome

Politics are awesome Politics suck

I'll agree with all of that. :D

2. ruski

ruski Senior Member

ok they only mention one death in 2002 something tells me this thing isnt killing people by the hour... and hamilton island is a reallly gorgeous place. we used to go there on holidays when i was little, but it is an island out from the mainland so its not exactly like those jelly fish are swimming around in the beach down the road from me :p

3. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

Just the same I'll stick w/hot tubs.

Electricity doesn't phase me... *s*

4. Critter1223

Critter1223 Member

Technically yes, CT and RI are considered "New England".....But in every right they don't deserve to be. Seriously Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont, and maybe parts of MA, are all that matters! People in CT, and RI lack the New England charm, and wholesomeness! ~~~ Just thinking of Fresh Maine Lobster...YUMmmmmm:)

5. Tree-Hugger

Tree-Hugger The Chainsaw

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! I loved it!

I wish people would just shut the hell up about the north and the south. There are great things about the places we all live and there are shitty things. Quit posting stupid shit about why some places are better than others.

6. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

y'all keep dukin' it out if you like. i'm just gonna stay here in the west. but not california. i hate california. i think it's the asshole of the world.

7. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

theres parts of it i like, burlington is great. maybe if i enjoyed winter sports, but i don't, except for sledding :D

we come up with out own fun at school, childish, but fun. the townies, well, i'll just leave it at that, they're townies *shudders*

8. Bellfire01

Bellfire01 I'll say anything

I see I need to correct you as well.

1.we have waaaaayy better food, can u say fried chicken and mashed potatoes? (Red Beans and rice)

2.theres a reason why there is no "northern hospitality"

3.yankees are rude

4.yankees are loud (We can be too when excited or happy.)

5.we have better summers (No, I don't think so. It's 90 here lol.)

6. our accents are cuter (Sometimes)

7.we have better names for our parents and grandparents (When we are in nice mood)

8.(this is for you dog lovers) we have cooler dogs that serve a purpose other than sittin in you prada tote (I have neighbors that tie dog outside all year round and never play with them.)

9.we have waaaaaaayyyy more culture

10.we can say "ya'll" and not get laughed at (Not true)

11.were not loud (Not true)

12.we go out of our way to help people (Very True)

13.its not so damn cold here!! (Undeniable True)

14.we can watch movies like "O brother where art thou" and understand what their saying (I don't know)

15.were simple people who love simple things (We have some of the smartest people on the Planet here)

16. were not as materialistic (You need to come to my house and see the UPS man when he comes. You can ask him about materials lol.)

17.we can wear shorts in april (We can wear shorts in November)

18.we know what "mommaan'em" means (Took a sec but yes lol)

19.johnny cash was from the south....nuff said (Amen)

20.were not arrogent YANKEES (We are arrogant rebels)

21.we actually get larry the cable guy jokes (Yes in deed Get er done)

22.watchin "the notebook" is much funner cause you know how they live (Never seen it)

23.ice tea..nuff said (Sweet tea)

24.the dixie chicks (Next)

25.grits and hush puppies (oh god YUMM) (I hate grits)

26.jim morrison was southern (Yes sir)

27.its fun to make fun of yankees (Not really)

28.yankees talk like they have nasel problems (That's the midwesterners lol)

29.have you ever heard of "a southern gentlemen"? theres a reason for that (Sometimes)

30.southerners are the most laid back ppl on earth and dont have sticks up their butts (Naw people from the south west are except California. ***sorry)

31.square dancing is fun as hell, and we invented it! (Yes it is but no we didn't. It's from Europe lol)

32.country music has two tv channels, WHAT WHAT?? i dont see yankees having their own genre of music 'WHAT WHAT??? (Every Law, Police, Comedy and Drama just about is from New York Might as well give us 2 channels and half of tv land lol)

33.palm trees (I don't have one)

34.country fried ham (oh damn that stuffs good)

35.barefoot when the dogwoods bloom (You must have tough feet lol.)

36.wearing daddys flannels and boots in winter time

37.overalls (Yeah buddy!)

38.you know when the whistle wil starts to whistle (Yes)

39.you know what a whistle wil is (Yes)

40.you know the smell of chicken coops all too well (No, thank goodness)

41.sittin out in daddys garden, singing garth brookes, and eating home grown raddishes and sno peas (Naw I had to sit in the play room or sitting room and snap beans)

44.homegrown watermelon (Not me)

45.tillin the garden on the big tractor with daddy (Not me)

and finall

46. WE JSUT KICK YANKEE ASS, SO SUCK IT[​IMG]
    DoDoDoDo DO. Do. Do. Do. DO. Da. DO. Da.

9. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

I thought these were supposed to be good things about the south

rude people fucking rule

10. HippyFreek2004

HippyFreek2004 changed screen name

Being a transplant southerner, now living on the west coast...here's my interpretation of your list...:p

1.we have waaaaayy better food, can u say fried chicken and mashed potatoes? (i will not argue. I've not found any sort of west-coast food that will fill you up. it's all salad....)

2.theres a reason why there is no "northern hospitality" (because hospitality shouldn't be labeled. It should just be...no matter where you are)

3.yankees are rude (and slapping your wife and calling black men ****** is just the epitomy of niceties.)

4.yankees are loud (Two words: Football games. One more: Nascar.)

5.we have better summers (No. While I do sometimes miss thunderstorms on hot august nights, I don't miss 100% humidity and 100 degree days....I miss the fireflies too)

6. our accents are cuter (only on girls...but boston accents on boys...)

7.we have better names for our parents and grandparents (only if we like them...)

8.(this is for you dog lovers) we have cooler dogs that serve a purpose other than sittin in you prada tote (I agree with bellfire...I've seen more dogs just tied up outside with no interaction other than to have food thrown at them...)

9.we have waaaaaaayyyy more culture (No. You have way more interest in WHITE AMERICAN culture. Come to the west coast or any major city to see lots of culture.)

10.we can say "ya'll" and not get laughed at (not in the south....)

11.were not loud (Again...football and nascar..)

12.we go out of our way to help people (Very true. But so does my fiance...he's a west-coaster)

13.its not so damn cold here!! (I'm from the north end of the south and I beg to differ...)

14.we can watch movies like "O brother where art thou" and understand what their saying (So can anyone...)

15.were simple people who love simple things (simple things that ruin the ozone layer, or take forever to biodegrade...or cause cancer...)

16. were not as materialistic (which is why I've seen older southern ladies with rooms chock full of nothing but collectibles.)

17.we can wear shorts in april (and we can wear shorts in november too...but people in california can wear shorts year round)

18.we know what "mommaan'em" means (struggling with it)

19.johnny cash was from the south....nuff said

20.were not arrogent YANKEES (you think you're better than a yankee? that doesn't make you arrogant?)

21.we actually get larry the cable guy jokes (I personally hate that man)

22.watchin "the notebook" is much funner cause you know how they live (never seen it)

23.ice tea..nuff said (Southern sweet tea KICKS ASS)

24.the dixie chicks (puke)

25.grits and hush puppies (hush puppies! I hate grits)

26.jim morrison was southern (and he acted so southern...where's he buried again?)

27.its fun to make fun of yankees

and I give up here....

28.yankees talk like they have nasel problems

29.have you ever heard of "a southern gentlemen"? theres a reason for that

30.southerners are the most laid back ppl on earth and dont have sticks up their butts

31.square dancing is fun as hell, and we invented it!

32.country music has two tv channels, WHAT WHAT?? i dont see yankees having their own genre of music 'WHAT WHAT???

33.palm trees

34.country fried ham (oh damn that stuffs good)

35.barefoot when the dogwoods bloom

36.wearing daddys flannels and boots in winter time

37.overalls

38.you know when the whistle wil starts to whistle

39.you know what a whistle wil is

40.you know the smell of chicken coops all too well

41.sittin out in daddys garden, singing garth brookes, and eating home grown raddishes and sno peas

44.homegrown watermelon

45.tillin the garden on the big tractor with daddy

and finall

46. WE JSUT KICK YANKEE ASS, SO SUCK IT[/QUOTE]

11. PR3CIOU5

PR3CIOU5 lost

hahahad, wow,
    if this isnt a pissing contest of a thread...

...i have been stationed in alaska for the 2years prior, and i cant wait to go back...
    ...yeah its cold, but it is what i call home...

so i can argue it a million ways,
    no reason why you cant say some nice things about the south,,, and in a general comparison of the time old north vs south,

but no need to bash,
    it can be argued a million ways