I love Lucifer.

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by neonspectraltoast, Aug 9, 2018.

1. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

As a child it occurred to me that if I ever met God, I would try to spit in his face and tell him I'm not amused at what he does for entertainment! I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints, and be able to look myself in the mirror. If God wants nothing to do with me, reforming any Devil begins with myself, and everybody else can go to hell! If the whole fucking world is insane, that's all the more reason to do my own thing.

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Oh come on, you wouldn't do that if you met God. :p that's all talk. Hehe.

3. wooleeheron

The only reason I would ever consider hesitating, is if he offered an explanation. Now I'm writing it.

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I don't think I'd have any questions for God or Satan. Probably just ask em what drink they're having and then just have a talk. I bet they're sick of the same questions about life, they might want to talk sports for once. :p

5. wooleeheron

If its God, I assume, he knows already and I don't have to ask, so if he gives me a chance to spit on him, I'll take it unless he offers an explanation.

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

He'd probably turn your spit into mead. ;)

7. wooleeheron

I could not care less what the fuck he does. I'm tired of waiting and working towards an explanation. That trust was lost long ago. Where I come from, you have earn respect. I already give God more credit than he deserves, waiting to get the answer I require.

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

And on the 24th day, he turned woos saliva into mead. :p

9. inthelibrary

inthelibrary Members

Satan is the ruler of this world!

10. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I'm more of a Prometheus kinda guy.

11. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

You can't have it both ways dude, pick a side.

12. Astray

Astray Visitor

If fear (any form of tension) governs your life, then evil has you by the throat.

13. Asmodean

You see fear is not the issue for most Lucifer appreciators in this thread.

14. wooleeheron

Actually, mother nature won't let me drink alcohol or wear leather anywhere except on my feet.

15. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

I don't really like characters, even fictional ones, who sadistically abuse others and try to break them to prove a point, as done by ha-Satan in Job. But you say that wasn't Lucifer. Isaiah 14:12 makes a reference to "How you have fallen from heaven, morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!" Many scholars think that's a reference to the king of Babylon. The Lucifer character is most fully developed in the Book of Enoch, the non-canonical story of the fallen angels. Is that what you're going on? Or the Milton Paradise lost character?

So what's to like, let alone love, about your Lucifer? Do you have a basis for your love of Lucifer other than personal fantasy? You've said you don't even believe in Lucifer, so please excuse if people find this hard to follow as a thread topic. I think we can agree that humans aren't good--at least not all good, certainly not perfect--but many have redeeming qualities and some are really fine role models. Others fall far from the mark, and its important to be able to distinguish one from the other and not lump them all into the "rot to the core" category. Ha-Satan searched for the flaws, which is the job of a good prosecutor. But to be preoccupied with flaws and ignore the beauty of humans, not imaginary angels, created in the image of God, gives us a shitty outlook. Surely, you have qualities that make you a worthy person. Ask yourself, what are those? Ask the same thing about others. Love those.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  16. Asmodean

It seems the most common reason to like Lucifer is because they hold him responsible for bringing the light of knowledge to mankind. But what was the reason he supposedly did that?

17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I somehow think I could find the answer to that, embedded in more Cradle of Filth lyrics.

18. wooleeheron

Supposedly, he was jealous of God and wanted to replace him. If you think of God as nature, he wanted to defy nature and paid the price.

Irminsul likes this.
  19. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Sounds more like Prometheus.

20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yes. From memory Lucifer was after Gods job, I agree.

In Sumarian, Enki was upset that his henchmen had taken affairs with the mortal humans. The gods seemingly couldn't keep their hands off us. This enraged Chief God, Enki. I can't remember the Lucifer equivelants name, but there was a massive fight when he also tried to overthrow Enki. But there was a lot more to it than that too, such as the Gods who had arrived on earth weren't used to it orbital rotation around the sun, they aged heavily which also had Enki upset. The Lucifer eqivalant was then banished to live and die on earth, great fights erupted. Heavy weapons were used, Enki realised that the Arctic plates would shift with planet Nibiru effecting gravity etc. Enki used this as a means to wipe the slate clean.

Ashes to ashes. Dust to dust.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018